blink-182

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

blink-182

Postby jonman » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:55 am

man i love blink-182 so much we will talk about new songs and crap :dance: :hits_self
MY webpage!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
MY BAND!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:
Knight of C.A.A

"To Protect, To Serve, To Anime!"
jonman

Postby kaji » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:02 am

jonman wrote:man i love blink-182 so much we will talk about new songs and crap

"Songs and crap" eh? ok.

Thought they might be moderately talented musicianes. (no offense to any fans of course) I find most of their music useless, and often "counter Christian. "

I can remember hearing some OK songs by them, however, none seam to come to mind.

But thats just me.

-kaji
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Stephen » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:10 am

Meh...more pop stars calling themselves punk.
Stephen

Postby Solid Ronin » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:33 pm

Shatterheart wrote:Meh...more pop stars calling themselves punk.

Heh. My thought exactly Shatterheart-sama....Nice Freakazoid sig. pic.
Solid Ronin

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:38 pm

When I first was getting into the "punk" scene, I did listen to them. And then I realized that there were MUCH better musicians out there... LOL.

I really dislike them muchly now. I think that as musicians they're not that good and as song writer's they're even worse. Most of their songs are about getting high, getting drunk, and getting laid. It's really pointless and stupid. I like music with a bit more depth and meaning in their lyrics and sound.

It amazes me how popular this band is, though. It's really sad, actually.
...And I'm just tired enough...if I close my eyes, I could sleep for days... -Alkaline Trio

He's Bear, he's Bear. He's made of human hair. Poke his NOSE and his head GROWS! He's Bear, He's Bear, HE'S BEAR!!

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Stephen » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:44 pm

(Thanks Ronin) wellI would not say its sad how popular they are...because if someone wants to listen to somthing..hey more power to em. I will say that one thing I will give Blink 182...they are trying to change there sound a bit...there new stuff is pretty listenable. There lyrics are crap though...I won't argue that. But hey, at least there not the darkness. (that band makes me want to drive a pencil through my hand)
Stephen

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:51 pm

LOL! I completely agree with you there on The Darkness. They disturb me greatly...in sound and also how they look in their music videos. Very...disturbing to say the least.

Yeah...I heard that Blink's sound has changed a bit. The only two songs I've heard from them from their new album are "I Miss You" and "Feeling This." Neither songs impressed me, except for the ending in "Feeling This" where they did incorporate some nice harmonies and counterparts. Still, their lyrics are so incredibly shallow it pains me to hear them.
...And I'm just tired enough...if I close my eyes, I could sleep for days... -Alkaline Trio

He's Bear, he's Bear. He's made of human hair. Poke his NOSE and his head GROWS! He's Bear, He's Bear, HE'S BEAR!!

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Shinja » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:56 pm

yeah, i like thier sound what ive heard of them but, thier lyrics are about as good as most hard punk groups, well actully thier kinda cleaner than most (memories of the warped tour... ugh) anyway thier lyrics are still crap
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby kaji » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:57 am

shatterheart wrote: But hey, at least there not the darkness. (that band makes me want to drive a pencil through my hand)

:lol: ah, yet again you paint a beautiful picture of 'the way it is' :lol:

Sorry to shoot down your topic jonman, but you really did put the right two together on this one: "songs and crap."
Depend on it. God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.
- J. Hudson Taylor
I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?" "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet. You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times." It was all true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach. He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
kaji

Postby Twilly Spree » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:46 am

Ugh I hate them....kids go find yourselves some Clash, now that's real punk music.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:44 am

Cleaner than most? Hm...I don't know about that. And their genre isn't even punk...Blink is like the epitome of "pop" punk...-.-'

The Clash amuses me. LOL. I like them a lot, actually. Nice, old school music. Good stuff.

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Jun 11, 2004 8:55 am

yeah I dont like Blink 182. Im not abig fan of punk though...well I like underground punk but not like Blink 182 and Good Charolotte.
Hitokiri

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:25 am

I don't listen to too much punk, really. Basically the only punk bands I really listen to would be like...Tsunami Bomb and Against Me! and I suppose a little Anti-Flag. I really listen to more emo and ska.

I greatly dislike Blink 182 and Good Charlotte...and Simple Plan...and Avril Lavigne...ewwwwie.

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:18 pm

Shatterheart wrote:(Thanks Ronin) wellI would not say its sad how popular they are...because if someone wants to listen to somthing..hey more power to em. I will say that one thing I will give Blink 182...they are trying to change there sound a bit...there new stuff is pretty listenable. There lyrics are crap though...I won't argue that. But hey, at least there not the darkness. (that band makes me want to drive a pencil through my hand)

Indeed, In my "experience" If you want good music go back to the oldies (as in 70's and 80's) oh and this "darkness" you speak of are they the ones with the song that songs like so:

*high pitch*I belllli it bell bell bellli ET! billli heraaa!
Solid Ronin

Postby Orange Kitten » Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:52 pm

I don't think we can call Blink a punk band anymore at all. Listening to their previous albums, they've totally changed into Pop Rock.
Their last album, I'd say, that was truly punk was Dude Ranch; while Scott was still the drummer.

Travis came along and, I don't know who's idea it was but, they decided to go the popular way and scored $$ big time.

After Enema of the State, I haven't been too impressed. A few songs here and there have been cool, but nothing that is going to get me to buy their albums anymore. And I don't like how they re-did their old songs with Travis.
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Return to Jam Session