Radio? anyone interested?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Radio? anyone interested?

Postby Xavier249 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:42 pm

There is a catholic radio Station here in Omaha that I help with the youth show on.
It is called “We are not afraid.â€
We forget that . . . . . . . . . . .Our souls are the real blades of the fight. ~ RBHS

'cause guys like this one here show up. . . I keep coming back!!! ~Shizuma Kusanagi
Knight of the CAA

The Rise and Fall of the Dragons Moon.

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

If I am not posting, sorry. . . I am too much of an activity junkie, currently probably hanging out with/teaching japanese exchange students. :sweat:
Xavier249

Postby c-girl » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:48 pm

I wanna listen to it! Let me see if i can adjust my radio...
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby Xavier249 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:52 pm

christiangirl wrote:I wanna listen to it! Let me see if i can adjust my radio...

You can pick it up on 88.9 fm if you are in the Omaha metro area, otherwise listening live is the way to go. Supposedly there are some dudes in Austrailia that listen in that way.

I also forgot, that since this is a live show you can call in from anywhere in the US, on a number we give out during the show. Please call, it is so much fun to see out tekkies panic at phone calls. :grin:
We forget that . . . . . . . . . . .Our souls are the real blades of the fight. ~ RBHS

'cause guys like this one here show up. . . I keep coming back!!! ~Shizuma Kusanagi
Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

If I am not posting, sorry. . . I am too much of an activity junkie, currently probably hanging out with/teaching japanese exchange students. :sweat:
Xavier249

Postby c-girl » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:16 pm

I found it! Yayz! i listened to it live on the internet because i'm not in central time. Apparently they were praising someone i think? *shrugs* I'm not a catholic so i didn't know if they were praying or just chanting. I'll try it again when they are not chanting or doing something i don't understand. :sweat:
I live to love and love to live! >^.^<
ImageImage
I am part of The No Group.. Group.. >"<.. >0.o<
~Real guys go for real down to Mars girls ~ "Roses" by Outkast
c-girl

Location: Omg! It's a flying bird!!! *runs away while you're distracted*

Postby Xavier249 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:31 pm

christiangirl wrote:I found it! Yayz! i listened to it live on the internet because i'm not in central time. Apparently they were praising someone i think? *shrugs* I'm not a catholic so i didn't know if they were praying or just chanting. I'll try it again when they are not chanting or doing something i don't understand. :sweat:

Good Question. . . *Scurries to website and checks schedule*

hmm after 8pm Wed. = Rosary time with Mother Angelica and Mass.. .

Yup, they were probably doing gregorian chant, seeing how it was mostly likely in the context of the mass. The rosary only takes about 15 min, and then mass starts. :)

The rosary is a set of prayers that one prays while keeping his/her mind on different parts of Jesus' life depending on the set of mysteries involved.
If you want more info Pm me. I don't want to get too off topic.

Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

Xavier249

Postby Ashley » Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:37 pm

how about I move this to the music forum
Ashley

Postby Xavier249 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:30 pm

Gomen gomen, I couldn't figure out where to put it. . :hits_self . .
That makes sense, sorta. :sweat:

*ponders this a second. . *
*now why had I thought it shouldn't be in Jam Session. . .*

Yeah I'll go with the move, its fine. :thumb: But, just so you know, it's a talk radio station. Music still makes more sense though than "General"

Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

Xavier249

Postby Xavier249 » Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:39 pm

New bit of information concerning the show.

This Thursday the 24th 6-7pm central time there is a show.
topic: New Evangelization (I am not sure what tangent the group is taking on this but one of them is going to bring up catholic/christian rap.)

8th of July 6-7pm central time
Topic: One nation under God (hmm, no clue how we approaching this one either but we hope not too get too political)

22nd of July 6-7pm central time
Topic: Catholic devotion to Mary(This one is so far off the group hasn't even begun planning. . . )

All of us involved, errr 15 of us involved in the show just survived a retreat this last Saturday. Ropes courses in the morning at COPE
Constant Oppoutunities to Plummit Earthward..... can't remember the actual meaning but that is close enough... :)

In the evening we had prayer and spent a lot of time planning stuffs.

I am officially on the Core Team now too. :)

Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

Xavier249

Postby samuraidragon » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:48 pm

hey, im gonna start voluntering on the show!! im gonna try to learn to work the soundboard, see ya there! :thumb:
-マックスウェル

"My my, the cruelest lies are often told without a word; my my, the kindest truths are often spoken, never heard." Ben Folds, The Last Polka

No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friend - John 15:13
samuraidragon

Postby Xavier249 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:43 pm

samuraidragon wrote:hey, im gonna start voluntering on the show!! im gonna try to learn to work the soundboard, see ya there! :thumb:

YAY! Sorry, I almost didn't notice anyone had posted, must have deleted the email .. . . .

In other news, I will be a panelist on the next show which is the 22nd

The topic is: Catholic Devotion to Mary.

Umm. . . yeah, I did mention it was a Catholic radio show, right?
Well, if you want to you can listen and see what it's all about. Thanks to any who do. :)

Edit: I am actually not going to be on the show tommorrow, but anyone who can, please listen in!!! I got ousted by a member who needs practice so wish him luck. :)

Knight of the CAA

"Radio Show Stuffs!"

Xavier249

Return to Jam Session