WINAMP 5.3 anyone have it?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

WINAMP 5.3 anyone have it?

Postby ssj2gohan61 » Fri May 07, 2004 10:27 pm

i just got the new winamp i dont even know if its new or not haha but i like the features it has like internet tv which has a few anime channels but most of the time they are full but try like 3 or more times and you will eventualy get connected... and internet radio.. there is a good christian rock online radiostation it makes it a lot easier for me then looking through all the audio files on my computer to find stuff i want to listen to and the radio station has 2 different bitrate connections one for dial up connections which isnt bad and one for broadband connections which is pretty good quality lol just thought id share this with you i find it pretty cool even though i bet im late on getting this...what do you all think about it?
ssj2gohan61

Postby andyroo » Fri May 07, 2004 10:51 pm

I'm sticking with my good ol' Winamp 2.x. It's sounds alot like some of the things I got from plugins that they decided to integrate into their new releases. By the way, I think that 5 came out a few months ago.... maybe earlier this year.
"As vinegar to the teeth and smoke to the eyes, so is a sluggard to those who send him." ~Proverbs 10:26
†
The Ideas Behind Anime |

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence has its limits.
A proud member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone! Join the fight!
andyroo

Postby LorentzForce » Fri May 07, 2004 10:55 pm

5.3? Mine's 5.03.

Oh, and WinAMP 5.x is GOOD. It's not as slow as 3.x, and is everything what 2.x was, and more. I personally love it, and will stick with it over 2.x.
LorentzForce

Postby glitch1501 » Sat May 08, 2004 7:00 am

i have the latest winamp, its very cool and matches my windows theme, and the internet tv is cool, it has a red vs blue channel

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Spencer » Sat May 08, 2004 7:01 am

I'm using 5.02 I think. It works, so I don't really have any motivation to go download the new one.
:)
Spencer

Postby AngelSakura » Sat May 08, 2004 11:08 am

I download the newest one every once in a while. If you're looking for an anime radio station try http://www.japanaradio.com.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sat May 08, 2004 7:18 pm

O_O They're already up to version 5? *faints*

andyroo wrote:I'm sticking with my good ol' Winamp 2.x. It's sounds alot like some of the things I got from plugins that they decided to integrate into their new releases.

Same here. Version 2 runs faster, too. I know; I tried version 3 on my 300 MHz computer and it was so horribly slow. I've got a faster computer now, but I'll still stick with 2 for its simplicity and plugins.
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby glitch1501 » Sat May 08, 2004 7:23 pm

i guess i had a rare experience with winamp 3, it ran perfect on my comp,

btw the reason they are at v5 is because they took winamp 2+ winamp 3 and made 5, which i think is their best one

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby TheMelodyMaker » Sat May 08, 2004 8:02 pm

I get it now; they skipped over version 4 entirely. (Just like Microsoft did with DirectX.)
[color=RoyalBlue]@)}~`,~ [/color]Carry this rose in your signature as thanks to Inkhana, for all she has done for us in the past.Even though she is no longer a moderator, she has done an awful lot for us while she was and she deserves thanks. ^_^
TheMelodyMaker

Postby ThaKladd » Sun May 09, 2004 7:58 am

yeah :)

I have not tried 5.x yet. I use 2.81, and it's good and better that 3.x because I like small and fast programs.
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Return to Jam Session