The Beatles

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

The Beatles

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:23 pm

Hey, have anyone heard of them??

lol, imj kidding. Im really starting to get into them.. I liked them for a while but Im starting to really like thier music. I find them one of the best bands ever ( not my favorite but I just think that).

my fav song is Elanor Rigby but I love all thier songs.
Hitokiri

Postby Aka-chan » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:34 pm

Big Beatles fan here, too! There’s only maybe one or two of their songs I don’t really like, which is pretty good considering how many they have. I like “Do You Want to Know a Secretâ€
Aka-chan

Postby Spencer » Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:39 pm

The Beatles are super. On a road trip to Georgia, me and my Beatles CDs bonded for 16 hours. Anyway, I like Yesterday, Hey Jude, Strawberry Fields, Sgt. Pepper....The list goes on. Ringo is my favorite. Go Ringo!
:)
Spencer

Postby Aka-chan » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:23 pm

Yay! Ringo! ^__^ I think he's the best, too, even if he doesn't sing a whole lot.
Aka-chan

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:53 pm

I'm trying to find Black Bird and Revolution 1 on the net...no luck...of course Im just looking on google. I dont have that music software.

Anyways...what do you guys think of Revolution 9? I kinda like it but then again thats me.
Hitokiri

Postby Aka-chan » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:10 am

I can't say I've listened to that one...

Just a question: is there some sort of underlying meaning for "Penny Lane" (drugs, perhaps, like some of there other ones -- the similar "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," for example) or is it just nonsense?
Aka-chan

Postby Lightbringer » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:47 am

I was never a beatles fan, I never will be either. i Just cant stand their style or their mediocer skills. I dont understand how the invasion started in the first place either. But since i know everybody is different, and in an attempt to understand my fellow humans better i am curious , what exactly is it about them that makes you fans interested? style? lyrical content?
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Stephen » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:45 am

I may be going out on a limb here...because I myself am not the worlds biggest fan of the Beatles....but just like Elvis...while I might not like his style...I respect what he did for rock music. Took it to a new level....they could not have handled Nirvana or Korn back then....thus rock needed to slowly shift and change. I never had anything against the Beatles...only when John Lennon shot his mouth off about the band being the biggest thing since Jesus. (funny I don't think the band did to hot after that) But as far as talent they were pretty much the best at there time. I simply like to remember bands like that though and not actively listen to them....respect what they did with the rock music scene.
Stephen

Postby Shinja » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:19 am

yeah the beatles are awsome, and yes ringo is the best. though i have to admit i only have one of thier albums on cd {the white album} but i have most of the rest on old lps, which i used to listen to alot, before my high fi broke

"hes a clean old man your grandfather."
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Aka-chan » Sat May 08, 2004 10:24 pm

I like the Beatles because they have a distinctive sound, and especially because the songs are relatively simple and therefore easy to sing along with. For the most part, they're just fun. *big karaoke fan* :sweat:
Aka-chan

Postby PreventerWind » Wed May 19, 2004 1:38 pm

The Beatles rule!!!

I was named after one of The Beatles (my father is a musician) so it is mandatory that I love them.

Revolver, Sgt. Pepper's and Abbey Road ... those are my favorite albums.
PreventerWind

Postby Hitokiri » Wed May 19, 2004 5:29 pm

Lightbringer wrote: style? lyrical content?

They're just fun to listen and to sing to, at least to me. Also for peopl elike my parents who grew up listening to them, it's a walk down memory lane.

They just have fun songs to listen to. Though they're not one of th ebands that I really listen to what they exactly mean in thier songs.

I just listen to it for pure enjoyment.
Hitokiri

Postby Raskle » Fri May 28, 2004 3:19 pm

I quite enjoy the Beatles as well. Some of my favorites are "I'm So Tired", "Cry Baby Cry", "I Feel Fine", and "Hey Bulldog"

"Blackbird" was one of the 1st songs I learned on guitar
Raskle

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:35 pm

I think that the Beatle's music is some of the more fun music to have big sing-along sessions with friends, because everybody knows at least a few Beatles songs. Some of my favorites are Blackbird, Eight Days a Week, Yellow Submarine, (Love the White Album and Revolver), and I Wanna Hold Your Hand. Man, they really did change the face of music, no matter how you look at it.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Return to Jam Session