It has been 10 years

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

It has been 10 years

Postby Stephen » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:22 am

Monday, it was an even 10 years to the day that the late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain took his own life in 1994. Some of you might be a bit young to remember that day...while others older then I remember if they were into rock music at all at the time. I myself was rather young at the time...all of 9 years old...when I heard snippits of stuff...I asked my brother what was going on...and he explained to me...that Kurt had shot himself. Nobody will ever know how higher Nirvana could have climbed....though there was talk at the time of his death that the band was on the verge of breaking up...but they had been there before...and managed to keep things together. I am not even gonna get into the whole drug/courtney love issue...not even Kurts suicide. I just think its amazing that it has already been 10 years....it does not seem that way at all. It is amazing when you step back and look at what Nirvana did from the late 80s into the early 90s. Bands like The Beatles and Elvis come to mind when you think of music acts that have had the impact that Nirvana had....what makes them different to me is that they put as little music out as they did. From Nirvana many groups gained radio air...such as Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, and many more. While Kurts life may have been short....his, and his bandmates Chris and Dave impact on music will not be short. This thread can be a tribute to the late great singer/artist. Any other fans of Nirvana here?
Stephen

Postby DrNic » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:54 pm

*wipes a tear from his eye*

That was real kool and this is a real kool idea for a thread. Nirvana is my favourite band ever and Kurt Cobain is my personal hero (in a healthy way, he falls short of becoming as kool as Jesus). I've only liked the band for...*thinks* 1.5-2 years but I still feel upset that I'll never be able to ever see them live or know what its like to be a fan of the LIVING Kurt Cobain.

That reminds me, the new Kerrangs all about Nirvana...seeya *runs out to buy the new issue of Kerrang*
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby Stephen » Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:39 pm

Heh...thanks for replying...I was starting to think I was the only Nirvana fan here...
Stephen

Postby Zedian » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:58 pm

Truly Nirvana transcended a generation...geez looking back at it I was only 12 years old at the time. I just remember how many lives were affected -- Nirvana are amazing and will always be.
Zedian

Return to Jam Session