Spirit West Coast

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Spirit West Coast

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:56 pm

Who's been there and what is it like? I've been dieing to go for years! This year, Jars of Clay is gonna be there! NOT FAIR!
Shao Feng-Li

Postby shooraijin » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:49 pm

I was there in '98 and yeah, it was a very good show. I've been meaning to go back. That year they had the OC Supertones, the Kry, Jaci Velasquez, the Waiting ( :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ), Smalltown Poets (I think ...), and dc Talk, and a whole lot of other bands, and Greg Laurie was the speaker.

It *was* a blessing there was no space at Laguna Seca for us to camp out, though -- the nearby county park was much less hot, and we threw our tents under a tree, which was nice. The people who camped on the racetrack and surrounding areas just baked in the sun, and it was really dusty and noisy too.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Nightshade X » Thu May 13, 2004 8:47 am

I'm going to the one in Del Mar this year. I'm so excited!!! Well... even though Rebecca St. James isn't going to be there this time... Oh, well, at least I was able to get her to sign my cd.

On a side note, last year at Laguna Seca, Superchic[k] almost hit me and my group with their little golf cart... That was definitely an event...
Nightshade X

Postby Rashiir » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:10 pm

Is anyone going this year to the one in Laguna Seca? I'm going tomorrow! I'm pretty excited.
"Be joyful always." - 1 Thes 5:16
Rashiir

Return to Jam Session