dashboard confessional

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

dashboard confessional

Postby Rachel » Mon Mar 08, 2004 6:22 pm

can i just say they rock? honestly they do. they're right up there near the top of my list
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Zilch » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:24 pm

I haven't heard them, but I read "Chasing Infedelities". What's their sound? Are they Christian?
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Stephen » Fri Mar 12, 2004 8:58 pm

There not a Christian band. Lead singer used to be in Further Seems Forever, Chris Carrabba I belive is a Christian. (lead singer of Dashboard)
Stephen

Postby HikariChan » Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:52 pm

I love them!!! i just watched a music video of theirs today for the fith time!! they neva get old!!
Great Band!!!

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Zilch » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:53 am

cool. maybe I'll check 'em out.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Mon May 17, 2004 5:39 pm

I really love Dashboard Confessional. He's an AMAZING emo artist. Oh...and the song is called "Screaming Indifelities" not "Chasing Infidelities." It's a really good song. ^_^
...And I'm just tired enough...if I close my eyes, I could sleep for days... -Alkaline Trio

He's Bear, he's Bear. He's made of human hair. Poke his NOSE and his head GROWS! He's Bear, He's Bear, HE'S BEAR!!

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Zedian » Mon May 17, 2004 10:00 pm

I liked Chris' early work, "Swiss Army Romance" was beautiful and poignant. Their newer stuff is ok--but somehow they just don't sound as fresh as before. That's not to say I think they are awful because that would be far from the truth. I also like Chris when he was in Further Seems Forever, a band that just can't seem to keep their singers together. Jason Gleason down the drain...time for another. I just wonder who is going to be singing for them at Cornerstone Festival.
Zedian

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Mon May 17, 2004 10:16 pm

Yeah...I just listened to "Swiss Army Romance" the other night for the first time...and I must say that I like his sound a lot more in that album than I did in "A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar."

Yeah...I remember hearing some of Further Seems Forever a while ago...but their sound doesn't stick out in my head. I can't even remember what songs I've heard by them.
...And I'm just tired enough...if I close my eyes, I could sleep for days... -Alkaline Trio

He's Bear, he's Bear. He's made of human hair. Poke his NOSE and his head GROWS! He's Bear, He's Bear, HE'S BEAR!!

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Spencer » Tue May 18, 2004 2:19 pm

I'm going to see them in concert this June. It's gonna be pretty awesome. I like most of their stuff, but I'm favoring the older stuff over than the new.
:)
Spencer

Postby Hikage_Ninja » Tue May 18, 2004 2:52 pm

Ahh! You're so lucky! I wish I could see them! ^_^

BOOOOOARGH! MY BAND!
Hikage_Ninja

Postby Spencer » Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:18 am

The concert was totally awesome. They are so awesome live it's crazy. I bought a Dashboard Confessional t-shirt there. It was awesome.

Just thought I'd let you all know. :sweat:
:)
Spencer

Postby Twilly Spree » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:43 am

I like the song "As Lovers Go" from A Scar, A Mark, A Mission. I like some of their songs, not all but they have some good one.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Zilch » Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:05 pm

I listened to Screaming Infedelities, and I love that song!

Zilch

Postby Ashley » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:26 pm

I am a mild fan of Dashboard. I like the songs from them I've heard so far--puzzle (or something like that), Screaming Infidelities, Hands Down and As Lovers Go. I am not very happy, however, that they are doing the main song on the spiderman 2 movie. Vindicate isn't a bad song in itself, it's just it doesn't really fit with the spiderman movie IMO. I saw the preview for it today and it didn't quite match the action-hero theme. But who knows; I know they are trying to add more emotional punch to spidey 2, so it might work after all.
Ashley

Postby Zedian » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:25 pm

I saw the concert held in Austin, aside from the constant screaming of all the young girls in the presence to 'oogle' and 'awe' Chris Carraba. The concert wasn't bad, I enjoyed Thrice and the guest The Format alot. The Get-up Kids weren't too bad either. I just wish most of the bands would've played a bit longer.
Zedian

Return to Jam Session