Christian Metal!!!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Christian Metal!!!

Postby Pantakrator » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:41 pm

Hey guys,

I went into this week looking for goth/synthpop, but I wound up being pulled back to the best music ever, METAL!!! This thread is for your favorite "Christian" pure metal bands. What do I mean by pure? Along the lines of Stryper, Tourniquet, Narnia, Extol... What do I not mean? Disciple (my fave), P.O.D., Skillet?!, Pillar... Just to explain a little better... I mean musically not lyricaly. And yes, death is allowed. All hail the mighty Pantakrator!!!

Favorites; (In no particular order)
Theocracy
Tourniquet
Stryper
Bride (soft metal?)
Pantakrator (sometimes :thumb: )
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby Omega Amen » Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:48 pm

My favorite band of all time is a metal band: Precious Death

Others I like:
Tourniquet
Bride (their older albums had a more heavy touch)
Guardian (their olders albums like "Miracle Mile" is heavy metal in sound)

While "Circle of Dust" and "Klank" sound very, very heavy... I do not think they can be considered metal... maybe industrial?
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby skynes » Sat Mar 06, 2004 1:56 pm

Do Demon Hunter count? If so I mention them...

I really like Stryper. I usually don't like 80s music but Stryper I just really like for some reason! :S
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby Pantakrator » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:22 pm

Oh... Fine! You can have your silly Demon Hunter. :grin:
From now on signify Demon Hunter with;
:evil:

LOL!
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby Pantakrator » Sat Mar 06, 2004 3:41 pm

This is Pantakrator's little brother, he doesn't know i'm using his account. I like :evil:

These siggys are pretty cool to; :comp: :lickbash: :bang: :?:

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby cbwing0 » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:05 pm

Well, I'm going to have to say that I like Pillar. What are you going to do about it? :P

Other than that, I like:

Demon Hunter
Project 86
Extol
cbwing0

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:08 pm

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Skillet is more...indsutrial techno i guess. I would consider Micheal W. Smith metal though :lol:

kidding
Hitokiri

Postby Pantakrator » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:45 pm

Argh! How did I forget Extol? Oops... Yeah, I have Synergy. I'm on the fence as to whether I like their new sound or not...

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby Enthralled » Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:41 pm

I was wondering if a thread like this would ever pop up.
If your looking for some good christian METAL heres a few:

Extol (of course)
Embodyment (demos, Embrace the Eternal)
Mortification
Antestor
Lengsel
Sanctifica
Immortal Souls
Kekal (new stuff mixes in a few smidgens of techno here n there, but still very good)
Exousia
Living Sacrifice (first 3 releases, after that they went more along the lines of metalcore)
Schaliach
Absurd2 (technical thrash metal)
Sympathy
Aletheian
Believer (thrash metal)

thats about all I can think of right now...
All praise and honor be to the Lord God of Israel!! My Redeemer!!
Enthralled

Postby skynes » Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:00 am

Eternal Decision too...

I know Skillet are more Industrial rock (a hard rock with Collide) but I gotta mention them anyway! Skillet are my fave band.

skynes

Postby Pantakrator » Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:10 pm

Nooooooooooooo! No more Skillet! ;)

BTW, if you guys really like metal, especially the stuff coming out of Europe go to ;

http://www.victoryzine.com

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby Enthralled » Sun Mar 07, 2004 7:37 pm

Good stuff, I'm surprised I've never heard of that site before. Looking forward to the next Savior Machine album!

Crimson Moonlight is another one I forgot.
Enthralled

Postby skynes » Mon Mar 08, 2004 1:10 am

Saviour Machine are still making stuff? Their site hasn't been updated in bout 4yrs!!

skynes

Postby Zilch » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:10 am

You really can't put a finger on Skillet's style. They're a grunge-garage-tech-rock-hardcore band.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby skynes » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:23 am

Yeah I know... They change style with every album :S Kinda one of their good points though.

skynes

Postby Pantakrator » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:04 am

Skynes wrote:Saviour Machine are still making stuff? Their site hasn't been updated in bout 4yrs!!

Yes they are. Go to ]http://www.victoryzine.com/news.html?PHPSESSID=88660723703afdf4c77d0b4d6143ce0e[/url]

Scroll down and there is a small blip about them. Oh, and did you guys read the rules? No Skillet!!! :eyebrow:

And just so you guys know, I think Skillet is OK. There just not metal though... :sniffle: :sniffle: :sniffle:

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby skynes » Mon Mar 08, 2004 12:18 pm

What exactly defines 'metal'
Seems to change from person to person.

skynes

Postby redkorn » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:01 pm

blindside

cinder
redkorn

Postby righteous_slave » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:07 pm

My favorites are the bands that put free tracks up on their websites or on other free legal sites.
Encryptor (brutal Panamanian Death metal)
Sorrowstrom (blistering South AMerican black metal)
Lament (Death tinged w/Mexican marachi, it works better than it sounds)
Eternal Descision (Bay Area Thrash lives!!!)
David Benson (Imagine if Ozzy got saved before the drugs completely decimated his ability to communicate)
Immortal Souls (Swedish blackend metal)
Frost like ashes (more black metal)
Narnia (shredding metal with tons of keyboards)
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby martinloyola » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:21 pm

#1Narnia rocks and Grimmark is like a brother to me!! and Extol, (I like all of their albums, but my fav trak is Lighthouse on their Mesmerized EP)
Mortification will always have to be a fav because they were the first experience I had with christian death metal, and obviously, that was a positive experience ;)
Vardoger, Kekal, Savior Machine are recent favs
ummm....Lament is alright, but I wish their vocalist would ease up a little, try a low g instead of whatever pitch he's 'trying" but failing to hit,
Project 86 is good, but too rapcore to me to be real pure metal
Vash: In the end...he just couldn't kill a man in cold blood. His daughter's murder goes unpunished. Call him weak, but...it saved both of us.

want to tell your fantasy or science fiction story and need help, try here :cool:

Headbangers United :rock:
martinloyola

Postby skynes » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:28 am

Eternal Decision are very cool. I have a few of their songs I got from Godcore. Very good stuff!

Hey Pantra - Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet! Skillet!

LOL!

skynes

Postby ThaKladd » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:12 am

The Finnish band V.I.P is a christian heavy metal(Real heavy) band. They have some english songs, one of them is "Can things get any worse?"... but still... its metal!!
We in our foolishness thought we were wise
He played the fool and He opened our eyes
We in our weakness believed we were strong
He became helpless to show we were wrong
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Pantakrator » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:48 am

If anbody mentions Skillet one more time, I'm going to close the thread!!! :lol:

This is awesome guys! We're up to three pages! :thumb: And I thought I was the only metal head here...

Where can I get some samples of VIP? VictoryZine gave them 4 crosses and said they sing awesome progressive metal. Yay! I'm kind of trying to pull out of the death scene... Have you guys heard Theocracy? Awesome!!! You have to like the whole Neo-Classical/Symphonic/Power metal type though. ;) You can check him out here;
http://www.theocracymusic.com

And add Petra to my list. Some of their songs from the 80s take me straight to God. Wow!!!

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby ThaKladd » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:58 am

U can find some samples at VIP's homepage, but they are all in finnish...
http://www.vipmetal.net/levyt.htm

(4,5 crosses actually)

Theocracy sounded very good... thanx for the tip :)

I, my self are listening to Neal Morse - "Testimony" - you should too!! (5 crosses)
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Pantakrator » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:58 pm

Thanks for helping me out with the MP3s. Oops! You're right VIP got 4 and a half crosses. They're awesome... Hmm, I'm not getting into Neal Morse, yet. Off to listen to more samples...

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby martinloyola » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:19 pm

:cool: I didn't know of any Suomi bands. This is awesome, Im a quarter finnish myself, that is, Finnish American. Suomilainen
My grandmother is going to have a kick outta these guys :dizzy:
Vash: In the end...he just couldn't kill a man in cold blood. His daughter's murder goes unpunished. Call him weak, but...it saved both of us.

want to tell your fantasy or science fiction story and need help, try here :cool:

Headbangers United :rock:
martinloyola

Postby Pantakrator » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:28 pm

martinloyola wrote:I didn't know of any Suomi bands.

Sorry, I don't understand. What does that mean?

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:35 pm

....skillet....jk, well there is a fairly new band called emery, i would consider them hardcore, not sure if its the same as metal, they are really good though

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby ThaKladd » Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:06 am

Suomi = Finland (in finnish)

I am half Finnish and half Norewegian :)

MartinLoyola: do you speak finnish? (at least you know the word suomalainen...)

There are actually a lot of bands coming from Finland... heavy bands.. I think they are known for that in Europa.. VictoryZine is sweedish as I understood, and he has some other finnish bands on his web page too(Sweden is neighbour to Finland)...
- Michael Card
ThaKladd

Postby Enthralled » Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:56 am

Europe, and mainly the Scandinavean areas (Norway, Finland, Sweden, etc...) have the best metal I am convinced. Both, secular and Christian.

Glitch 1501: No, hardcore isn't the same as metal. It's ahh... think of punk rock, only more aggressive with harsh, monotone yelling. Thats if your talking about old-school hardcore. New School... I hate those phrases, they just sound cheesy... or metalcore as it's called now is basically just that with metal influences. Metalcore covers a very broad area.. even though most of that area seems to have been covered and copied to the point of annoyance.
Enthralled

Next

Return to Jam Session