Post your 3 top christian songs here!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Post your 3 top christian songs here!

Postby MrKrillz0r » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:10 pm

Heya! I will start off with posting my top 3 songs here! If possible write what genre it is too! :)

Top 3:
Believen Stephen - Why Boast? [Lyrical Rap].
R-swift - Face it - Pt. II [Rap].
August Burns Red - The Truth Of A Liar [Metalcore].

Note: I don't know if its the proper name of the genre's, but it atleast gives you a hint. :)
MrKrillz0r

Postby That Dude » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:51 pm

Dude, I wish I could narrow it down to three...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:05 pm

-Mike Farris ~ Can't No Grave Hold My Body Down
-As Cities Burn ~ Thus, From My Lips, By Yours, My Sin Is Purged
-Thomas A. Dorsey ~ Peace In The Valley
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby ich1990 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:02 pm

"Museum of Iscariot" by Virgin Black [Opera Metal]
"One: Twentyseven" by As Cities Burn [Melodic Psuedo-Hardcore]
"Under Serious Attack" by Emery [Emo / Antiphony] (Sorry about the AMV)

In roughly that order.

In all honesty those probably aren't my three absolute favorite Christian songs. I am reasonably sure that they are close to holding such a rank, however.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:23 pm

I'm going to limit myself to only one song per band, because I think mewithoutYou would probably dominate my list otherwise.

In a Sweater Poorly Knit- mewithoutYou

On Distant Shores- Five Iron Frenzy

The Beginning- Showbread
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Kaori » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:16 am

Assuming that we're talking about contemporary music, not classical/sacred/choral or hymns, I choose these:

Hard to Get by Rich Mullins. I couldn't find the original online, only some covers, but I recommend the original demo from The Jesus Demos as the best version available. Very moving, genuine song about the struggles of faith.
A Poet's Tears of Porcelain by Virgin Black (gothic). Gorgeous song of worship to our savior.

Jesus Kom Til Jorden for a Do by Extol (metal). It's so hard to choose just one Extol song--but I think the stark beauty of this song is accessible to anyone (not just fans of metal and extreme music), and the lyrics, although they are in Norwegian, are all about how Jesus came to earth to die for our sins.
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:14 pm

Uhhhh.... :drool: Okay, I can't put the songs I like into a hierarchy like that, but...here are a few that I really really like:

"Comatose" by Skillet (rock)

"Everything" by Lifehouse (rock)

"Our God" by 116 Clique/Cross Movement/whatever (rap)
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Is it possible to narrow it to only three? XD I don't think it is. XD So here are three songs that I really like. XD

Sleeping at Last -- Slow & Steady

My Epic -- The Lover and the Thief

Manchester Orchestra -- The River

These are basically three that I passed by while scrolling through my iPod. XD They're excellent, though!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:38 pm

Manchester Orchestra aren't a christian band are they?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:48 pm

That Dude (post: 1386845) wrote:Manchester Orchestra aren't a christian band are they?

No, but Andy Hull is, and that particular song shows it in a lot of ways, as do the lyrics of some of his other songs. I lumped it in with the "Christian song" category because of the lyrics and because I love that song. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby That Dude » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Ah, I see.
That Dude

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:08 pm

"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:15 pm

"Amazing Grace" any version, but Chris Tomlin's the best one
"At the Top of My Lungs" by Phillips, Craig, and Dean
"How Great Thou Art"
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby MrKrillz0r » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:28 pm

Man my playlist have grown! :) Sweet songs, and yeah its hard to limit it to three, I would like to name atleast 20 if not more. Thats kinda why you need a limit! xD
MrKrillz0r

Postby ILurvMusic » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:09 pm

WOW!
That's really hard to do because I have soo many songs that I really like!
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="LightBlue"]"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

by Maryanne Williamson
[/color][/font]
ILurvMusic

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:28 pm

Agape : For Today
Like Moths to a flame : Thrice (not techically a christian song but it is Overally obvious it is of that makes any since at all)
The Finisher: Oh sleeper
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Return to Jam Session