New Michael Jackson album coming out

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

New Michael Jackson album coming out

Postby rocklobster » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:31 pm

Well, it appears Michael Jackson is going the Tupac Shakur route. Sony has announced they will release some material Michael Jackson was recording before his death. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, it's great that we get some new material. On the other hand, they're exploiting him. What are your thoughts?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:44 pm

It looks like Michael Jackson's financial problems are finally over.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby goldenspines » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:45 pm

In all honesty, before Jackson died, he was recording the material to be released, so what is so bad about releasing it? His death shouldn't have much to do with it. Unless the songs were like, half done and not really worth releasing. Then yeah, they should just stick with his previous stuff.
goldenspines

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:54 pm

I don't really see a problem with releasing new music. For one, it gives his children something to live off of, not to mention it simply releases the music he was working on before dying. I don't see how it's really any different than them making This Is It into a movie.

That said, I kinda want to hear it. XD I've been on a huge Michael Jackson kick lately. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Cognitive Gear » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:10 pm

This is excellent news. I hope that most of it was at least close enough to completion to make it a worthwhile final album.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Return to Jam Session