does any one knows good christian music?!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

does any one knows good christian music?!

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:56 pm

umm... hi!! i would just like to know... is there such thing as christian pop and rock groups? does any one know any good ones so that i may try them out? i would really like it! i want Jesus to be in the music i listen to also! ^-^
:angel: <--- OH!! he's so cute... angel smiley! :3
RoyalWing

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:10 pm

There are lots of Christian groups ^_^ A pretty popular one is dcTalk. I like Caedmon's Call a lot, also Five Iron Frenzy, old Supertones albums, Newsboys, Jennifer Knapp...although a lot of that music is considered "old" now so maybe someone else knows some "new" stuff XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby RoyalWing » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:16 pm

i dunno.... the only group i ever heard was hocus pick. their songs were so silly and i liked them alot. ^o^ *i'm so happy... feeling snaaappy* lol but i'll look into the ones you mentioned! thanks!! ^.^ is there any more?!
RoyalWing

Postby Stephen » Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:56 pm

Look into Glassbyrd.
Stephen

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:00 pm

for softer music i like FFH and 3rd Day quite a bit. though my own preferences lean to the heavier side of music. Like Tourniquet, Disciple , Thousand foot Krutch, SKillet rules and has great ballads with their rock. MORTIFICATION!!! anyway. Hope you find something you like.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Zilch » Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:26 pm

I'm with Lightbringer. If you like punk rock, check out Relient K and Dogwood. Jars of Clay has an interesting style to them.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby lobsterbucket » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:10 pm

Go for Noise Ratchet. They are probably my favorite band... also try out The Benjamin Gate. Hope this was of help!

-Daniel
lobsterbucket

Postby glitch1501 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:29 pm

there is a ton of christian music, you can check out sites like
http://www.christianrock.net
and
http://www.jesusfreakhideout.com

for many bands and stuff, you can even listen to the christianrock.net radio, which is AWESOME

christian music rocks!

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby Omega Amen » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:38 am

My favorite band of all time is a Christian Industrial/Metal band that only released 3 albums (as far as I know) in the mid-90's called Precious Death.

Here are the albums and the years they were released:

1994 - If You Must
1994 - Southpaw
1996 - Precious Death

Their self-titled and last album I think was the most popular one. The self-titled album is my personal favorite of the three, even though I like all of them a lot.
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Postby Kisa » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:51 am

I like Third Day, Fred Hammond, Relient K, Jennifer Knapp, Rebecca St. james, Pillar, Passion, Switchfoot, Casting Crowns, and more . . . can't think right now. Just a mix of different things. There is soooo much Christian music out there! ^_^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:17 am

I'm into the singer-songwriter stuff as well as the rock and whatever else, but some great ones are Jars of Clay, Switchfoot, Jennifer Knapp, Rich Mullins, stuff like that. I don't know exactly what it is that you want specifically, but Five Iron Frenzy have some really fun songs, if that's what you want, as well as Relient K.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby Zilch » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:03 pm

If you want good hardcore stuff, check out http://www.godcore.com. TONS of stuff, band listings, legal MP3s...
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Ren_sama » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:01 pm

I like Relient K, Steven Curtis Chapman, FFH, Nicole Nortaman, Stacie Orrico, Chris Rice, Newsboys, Avalon, Third Day, Caedmons Call's good too...

and of course, Mark Shultz ,Michael W.Smith...i dunno what Chirstian Genre they are in...
Ren_sama

Bands i thought of off the top o' me head..

Postby KarateGirl » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:16 pm

Relient K :thumb:

The Huntingtons

Zao

Superchic[k] :thumb:

Pillar

Number One Gun

CurbeSqurilles

East West :thumb:

Rod Laver.

Grand Prize

Smithfield.

PAX 217

Fanmail

Living Sacrifice

Spoken

Deciple

Jeremy Camp

Five Iron Frenzy:thumb:

Kj-52

Switchfoot

The Crucified:thumb:

DogWood

Squad 5-0

Ace Troubleshooter

Anberlin:thumb:

Kutless

MxPx:thumb:

Project 86:thumb:

Starflyer 59

They have lotsa good bands :thumb:
Rule Number 1 in Anime: There is always wind.
KarateGirl

Postby Kireihana » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:34 pm

Relient K, Skillet, and dc Talk are some of my favs. If you're into rap music, check out GRITS and T-bone.
Kireihana

Postby Lightbringer » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:39 pm

Omega Amen wrote:My favorite band of all time is a Christian Industrial/Metal band that only released 3 albums (as far as I know) in the mid-90's called Precious Death.

Here are the albums and the years they were released:

1994 - If You Must
1994 - Southpaw
1996 - Precious Death

Their self-titled and last album I think was the most popular one. The self-titled album is my personal favorite of the three, even though I like all of them a lot.

man, havn't heard them forever. they rule. after they split up the leadsinger, and perhaps more members.......cant remember, joined up to form Blackball. they sound quite similure to precious death. anyway good bands to look into.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby skynes » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:00 pm

My fave bands are

Skillet - Change style with every album but kinda Industrial Rock
Demon Hunter - Death Metal sorta like Slipknot
Stryper - 80s Christian Rock! These guys are cool
Saviour Machine - Gothic Industrial a weeeee bit like Rammstein but not as heavy
Eternal Decision - Metal. Think the song Ride the Lightning and thats what they sound like
skynes

Postby olorc » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:05 pm

rock/harder pop/coolness:Newsboys, Tree63
industrial rock: pillar, skillet
rap: nodaverbs, kj52, gospel gangsters
olorc

Postby Icarus » Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:54 am

No list of Gospel Rap is complete w/o T-Bone. John Reuben is different, but Doin' (on his second disc, Hindsight) is superb.

I'm not sure if they have been mentioned, but Audio Adrenaline is pretty good too.
The Forsworn War of 34

††
Icarus

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:12 pm

I'm recommending BarlowGirl. They're kinda girl power rock, but they do rock pretty hard sometimes.... not to mention they're all so ridiculously and mind blowingly beautiful (and I'm talking insanely gorgeous) you just fall in love with them on sight. It's like the Superchic[k] song says: "All the boys in the class want a Valentine from a Barlow Girl". Yes, they were the inspiration for that song.

They're modest, they live pure lives, the love Jesus more than any band I've seen in a long time, and they all look like supermodels.

I WANNA MARRY A BARLOW GIRL!!!
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun May 09, 2004 5:16 pm

If you're into older stuff, but not older christian stuff, then there is a Band called waterdeep... They play a lot of folk stuff, and their songs are very personal... Very introspective. Most (90%) of their songs are sad, but they end with hope. It's one of the few Christian bands out there that I feel are actually honest with themselves and in their songs.

My favorite waterdeep songs are "18 Bulletholes" and "Down at the Riverside" but I love most of their songs... Really, I tent to pick one that fits where I'm at, and it helps me get through hard times. They cover a spectrum of issues, from rejection to apathy to divorce... In addition to that, they teamed up with "100 Portraits", an all acoustic band to make "Enter the Worship Circle" which is an excelent Worship album (100 portraits was the top name on the album, but their fandom is pretty much isolated to the 3 "Circle" albums)

Confessions of a Broken Down Man - Coming back to God after you mess your life
Hardened - A hard heart
18 Bulletholes - Apathy
Walls and Tall Shadows - Despair
Galeana - Missions (there is nothing in this song to suggest it was Christian... You have to know the backstory to it... Galeana is a village in Mexico. Otherwise, it's just a beautiful poetic song)
The Razor Light - "Backsliding" (or whatever your denomination calls it...)

There are a lot more... I haven't found one that I really hated yet, after I read the lyrics...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Zedian » Sun May 09, 2004 8:21 pm

I like Jars of Clay -- I hear them quite often on the radio, though I must say their style is always refreshing. Reliant K I am starting to get into again and well Audio Adrenaline has always interested me. I also digger the harder stuff from Blindside, Project 86, and Dead Poetic. Oh and how could I forget my favorite metal-core band Norma "freaking" Jean.
Zedian

Postby PreventerWind » Wed May 19, 2004 1:36 pm

Third Day is great ... but my favorite Christian band has to be Mercy Me.

Definitely check 'em out.
PreventerWind

Postby TrigunX89 » Wed May 26, 2004 11:35 pm

If you like rock, I'd go with Thousand Foot Krutch, Skillet, or Switchfoot. If you like punk, I'd go with FM Static or PAX217. If you like rap/rock I'd go with P.O.D., Pillar, 38th Parallel, or TobyMac. For rap, I'd go with T-Bone, GRITS, or DJ Maj. For metal, I've heard a little bit of Project 86, Demon Hunter, and Disciple, which all sounded good. And lastly, DC Talk is a little bit of everything. Earthsuit is another one of my favorite bands, and they're a little hard to describe.
TrigunX89

Return to Jam Session