favorite songs from Disney cartoons/movies

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

favorite songs from Disney cartoons/movies

Postby rocklobster » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:45 am

I love Disney music. So here's a thread dedicated to it. What are your favorite Disney songs? Here are some of mine:
1. "The Second Star to the Right" (Peter Pan)
2. "Kiss the Girl" (The Little Mermaid)
3. "Someone's Waiting For You" (The Rescuers)
4. "Baby Mine" (Dumbo)
5. "When You Wish Upon a Star" (Pinocchio)
6. "Supercalifredgalisticexpialidocious" (Mary Poppins)--no doubt I misspelled it
7. "You'll Be in My Heart" (Tarzan)
8. "Friend Like me" (Aladdin)
9. "Candle on the Water" (Pete's Dragon)
10. the entire Lion King soundtrack
11. "I Will Go Sailing No More" (Toy Story)
12. "This is Halloween" (Nightmare Before Christmas)
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby steenajack » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:19 pm

I'm Still Here-Treasure Planet
Part of Your World-The Little Mermaid
Reflection-Mulan
Mulan's Decision-Mulan
Beauty and the Beast-movie w/same name
Just about any song from Kingdom Hearts. XD!
Winnie the Pooh songs.....ALL OF THEM
Songs from the Tigger Movie
Songs from Piglet's Big Movie

There's more, but I can't quite think of them at the moment.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Be Prepared
Part of Your World
A Whole New World
When You Wish Upon a Star (even though it's sentimental garbage, I love it just the same.)
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:11 pm

I'm going to try to pick some of the slightly less popular options here, just for variety's sake.

Belle- Beauty and the Beast:

This song perfectly sets up our protagonist, and showcases her contrast with the town she lives in. Not only is it from my favorite Disney movie, but it also has an extremely charming broadway feel.

Once Upon a Dream - Sleeping Beauty

An adaptation of the classic ballet, it lyrically and musically captures the over-idealized fairy tale love between Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip.

Cruella DeVil- 101 Dalmatians

The simple, playful lyrics, coupled with a strangely nostolgic tune have kept this song identifiable and loved since the animated film was first in theaters.

Hellfire- The Hunchback of Notre Dame

I can't say enough good things about this song, one of the many stellar songs contained in this under-rated film. It both captures the old church pipe organ sound, while also giving a fantastic amount of insight into the character.

Some popular choices:

Gaston- Beauty and the Beast (though, honestly, I could place the entire soundtrack here.)

Be Prepared- The Lion King

When You Wish Upon a Star- Pinocchio

Under the Sea- The Little Mermaid

Chim Chim Cheree- Mary Poppins

So, so many more..... XD
Cognitive Gear

Postby Tsukuyomi » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:13 pm

I really love Reflections from Mulan and A Part Of Your World from The Little Mermaid ^__^

I never miss a chance to sing along when those movies are on xDDD
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Great post!

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:02 am

5. "Gaston" - Beauty and the Beast
4. "Oo De Lally" - Robin Hood
3. The main theme from Dinosaur
2. "Trust in Me" - The Jungle Book (this one gets stuck in my head!!!)

And #1's gotta be...

1. "Why Should I Worry?" - Oliver and Company

Honorable mention has gotta go to the entire Aladin OST...tough to pick a faveorite amongst them...
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby That Dude » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 am

In no particular order...

Oo Da Lolly - Robin Hood
Be A Man - Mulan
I'm Still Here - Treasure Planet
Every Town - Robin Hood
A Girl Worth Waiting For - Mulan.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:53 am

:dizzy: Way too many favorites to pick from.

Aladdin - A Whole New World (this is one of my favorite love songs ever, not only because it's beautiful and makes you appreciate the wonder of it, but also because it uses harmony to perfection)

Aladdin and the King of Thieves - They're Finally Getting Married (this, I think, is actually funnier than any of the classic Aladdin songs you usually think of)
Out Of Thin Air (another excellent use of harmony, and it expresses Aladdin's inner struggle about his father better than any amount of dialogue, I think)

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh - Tigger's song (you know, the one that goes, "Oneofthemostwonderfulthings about Tiggers, isTigger'sawonderful thing! They're bouncy, flouncy, pouncy, trouncy, funfunfunfunfun!!" etc.)

The Little Mermaid - Under the Sea (one of the most wittily rhymed songs I've ever heard)

Beauty and the Beast - Something There That Wasn't There Before (or whatever it's called, which I like because it shows the progression of this love story, which is more realistic than most fairy tales)
Kill The Beast (you know, the one where Gaston's riling up the townsfolk; I find it rather epic and a bit frightening even to this day)

Brother Bear - No Way Out (one of the best, most emotional and moving songs out of any Disney movie I've seen; it was the perfect choice to use during Kenai's confession, displaying the emotions when we already know the particulars, so that the music and the visuals and what you know he's saying mingle together into one heartbreaking experience)
I'm On My Way (mainly because Koda sings part of it and it's incredibly cute to see the "brothers" draw closer through the course of this song, but it's also just a really nice, uplifting song)

Treasure Planet - I'm Still Here (tells the story and emotion so well and so effortlessly; when this song got going, that was the point where I knew I loved this movie)

Toy Story - You've Got a Friend in Me (while I don't normally go for country songs, this one has always stood out to me as a wonderful description of what true friendship is)

Toy Story 2 - When She Loved Me (T_T most heartbreaking song I've ever heard in a Disney movie; it even made Tom Hanks and Tim Allen cry!)

Monsters, Inc. - If I Didn't Have You (another really awesome song about friendship, a great depth of emotion masked by a whimsical exterior)

Bolt - I Thought I Lost You (a really uplifting friendship song, made even more powerful because it was sung by the voice actors for the two main characters)

Marry Poppins - uhhh, basically all of 'em ._.

...that's all I can think of for now.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby KagayakiWashi » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Oo De Lally - Robin Hood
Gaston - Beauty and the Beast
Be Prepared - The Lion King
Love - Robin Hood
Mine, Mine, Mine - Pocahontas
What's This? - The Nightmare Before Christmas
Oogie Boogie's Song - The Nightmare Before Christmas
Der Fuehrer's Face - Der Fuerher's Face
I Wanna Be Like You - The Jungle Book
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:37 am

I Can't Wait To Be King-The Lion King
Hakuna Matata-The Lion King
Can You Feel The Love Tonight-The Lion King
A Whole New World-Alladin

And there I betray my own taste in Disney movies. I've seen a lot of them, but like most of my early childhood remember nothing about them.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby SeraphicCharm » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:23 pm

Love is a Song from Bambi
Just Around the River Bend from Pocahontas
Bella Notte from Lady and the Tramp
You'll Be In My Heart from Tarzan
SeraphicCharm

Postby ebonyrose » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:50 am

1. "God Help the Outcasts", Hunchback of Notre Dame
Love this song, love the message... iffy about Esmeralda. :p Still, very pretty.

2. "Hellfire", Hunchback of Notre Dame
Hunchback of Notre Dame is my favorite classic Disney movie, have you guessed? :p Well, I often get a little yelled at for loving "the lust song" (Sorry! That's not why I like it, really!) I just think it's a beautiful, powerful and well put together song. Plus, I love the transition between "God help the Outcasts" and this one, with the monks chanting and all.
*just noticed the post by Cognative Gear*
Couldn't agree more. Awesome song.

3. "When Somebody Loves You", Toy Story 2
When I was younger, I would get out my favorite doll and watch this song with her. I'd cry and promise her I'd never stop loving her and that she'd always be alive to me. */sentimentality*

4. "Reflection", Mulan
Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me? You and me both, Mulan, you and me both... -_-

5. "Lesson Number One", Mulan 2
I didn't really like Mulan 2, but this song was fun. ^_^

6. "My Lullaby", Lion King 2
I LOVED Lion King 2. <3 This song is sung by Zera to Kovu, and basically tells of her plot to kill Simba. I love Disney villains. ^_^ Scar was my ultimate favorite, but unfortunately I didn't like "Be Prepared" as much.

7. "He is Not One of Us", Lion King 2
;_; I still love you, Kovu...
This shall be updated when I decide that I have something interesting enough to say! Until then, let's watch this little smiley guy slam his head into a wall!
:bang:
Hehe... that's way too amusing...
ebonyrose

Return to Jam Session