8-Bit Christmas music

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

8-Bit Christmas music

Postby SnoringFrog » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:34 pm

http://8bit ch ristmas.com/ (remove the spaces, CAA keeps censoring it)

I just ordered that album, and there are two others (8-bit Jesus, and another one I forgot the name of) that I downloaded a couple days ago. They're all pretty interesting, in my opinion. The one I linked to is the only one you can't get for free, but the money goes to support Child's Play, which is a charity started by the guys of the Penny Arcade webcomic to provide entertainment to hospitalized children. You can get the physical CD for $10 or get it digitally for $4.

Each of the tracks is a Christmas Carol blended with a old video game (I want to say NES but I'm not sure if all of them are NES or not) song to make the 8-bit remix. So far, I've thought every song through track 10 is good (you can stream it on their website), and I'm sure I'll like the final few tracks as well.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:36 pm

I really liked 8-Bit Jesus myself. Solid stuff.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby SnoringFrog » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:20 pm

I loved 8-bit Jesus, for one thing, I liked what he did with the song titles. I can't decide if I like Rush Coil's 8bc or 8 Bit Jesus better though.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby Warrior4Christ » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:21 am

O Christmas Tree the only sample that plays for me. Is it just me, or the same with everyone else? All the other tracks just move to the next track after about 5 seconds.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Return to Jam Session