David Crowder Band: Church Music

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

David Crowder Band: Church Music

Postby blkmage » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:28 pm

So David Crowder Band has gotten around to releasing another album, this time titled Church Music. I bought it when it came out yesterday on iTunes.

David Crowder Band (and to a lesser degree, Charlie Hall) remains as the sole worship band that I continue to listen to. I continue to be impressed by their musical variety and stranger lyrics than most other modern worship stuff. Of course, I haven't checked out any new worship artists in a while, so I might be missing out on those.

At 73 minutes, this album is a lot longer than Remedy and even beats out A Collision. And unlike A Collision, Church Music doesn't have those throwaway in-between tracks. Also unlike A Collision is the lack of sudden change of tone to bluegrass stuff to throw you off in the middle of the album.
blkmage

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:20 pm

Sounds interesting. I've heard some of Crowder's stuff and I've been midly impressed. I tend to avoid worship music since it tends to be rather bland and unimaginative.
Yamamaya

Postby That Dude » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:36 am

I plan on getting this one sometime in the next month or so.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Barracuda777 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:49 am

david crowder is amazing i love his music. its a great artist to put on in the backround as you worship God.
PSN ID : Baracuda777
Barracuda777

Return to Jam Session