Becoming the Archetype- Dichotomy

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Becoming the Archetype- Dichotomy

Postby Tommy » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:39 pm

Anyone else pumped for this potentially amazing album.
I remember being wicked hyped for "The Physics of Fire" on these boards, and while they're not my favorite band of all time, they've been a stand out band for me in the Christian Metal realm.

http://www.myspace.com/becomingthearchetype

3 New songs up.
Check 'em out.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby kryptech » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:26 am

I've been following this release pretty closely and have enjoyed a little preview from the recording webisodes. More recently I've listened to the 3 sample songs on their MySpace page -- not quite sure what to think of Deep Heaven yet. I think it will be the type of song that grows on me over time.

I picked up The Physics of Fire not too long after it came out as I was very impressed by their sound in the samples I'd heard from Terminate Damnation (particularly Ex Nihlo, Elegy, and March of the Dead) and really liked the lyrics of The Physics of Fire. Hopefully Dichotomy will continue and build on that solid foundation.
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby ich1990 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:13 pm

Awesome! I have listened "Terminate Damnation" to death. I was actually on the verge of buying "The Physics of Fire", but I think that I will get this album instead.

Artificial Immortality is pretty straightup metal. The guitar solos and creepy lyrics are the highlight.

Deep Heaven is crazy. I just wish they had extended the groovy piano so that Jason Wisdom could growl to the hip rthym.

Dichotomy is my favorite of the bunch. Deep growls shake the floor, guitar solos slice through the song from every which direction, the bassline drives the song forward at power metal tempo, the piano plays with classical drama, the lyrics are baldfaced Christian, and the orchestra floods the song with major "epicness".

I am excited.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Kazuya » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:17 pm

I am gonna be all over this. I really enjoy the three new songs on their myspace.
Kazuya

Postby Kkun » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:09 am

ich1990 (post: 1270228) wrote:Awesome! I have listened "Terminate Damnation" to death. I was actually on the verge of buying "The Physics of Fire", but I think that I will get this album instead.

Get both?

"Physics" spits fire...as its name implies.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Cap'n Nick » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:36 am

I'm glad to hear you all like these guys. My church youth group is trying to get them to come and demonstrate their new album here in a few weeks so it's good to know that other people have heard of them.
Cap'n Nick

Postby ich1990 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:38 pm

New song up on their myspace:

"How Great Thou Art"

Oh Lord my God
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed

And when I think that God his Son not sparing
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in
That on that cross my burden gladly bearing
He bled and died to take away my sin

When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart
Then I shall bow in humble adoration
And there proclaim my God how great Thou art

(Then sings my soul)

HOW GREAT THOU ART!

MY GOD HOW GREAT THOU ART!

EDIT: Also, did anyone else notice the numerous references to C.S. Lewis' space trilogy? The songs mention "deep heaven" and "the silent planet" which are phrases used in in his books. Additionally the song "Artificial Mortality" covers the same overall theme, that of replacing biology with technology, as the third book in the trilogy "That Hideous Strength". Finally, the cover art is a depiction of "The Head" which plays a major role in "That Hideous Strength".
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:25 am

Album is freaking Icredible
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby kryptech » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:49 am

I'm not entirely pleased with their rendition of "How Great Thou Art". Not that I don't like the style, or lyrics (both are solid), but I just don't think a classic song like that works with their style.

ich1990 wrote:EDIT: Also, did anyone else notice the numerous references to C.S. Lewis' space trilogy? The songs mention "deep heaven" and "the silent planet" which are phrases used in in his books. Additionally the song "Artificial Mortality" covers the same overall theme, that of replacing biology with technology, as the third book in the trilogy "That Hideous Strength". Finally, the cover art is a depiction of "The Head" which plays a major role in "That Hideous Strength".

Hmm, very interesting observation! There is even a track titled "Ransom". ^_^
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Return to Jam Session