Enya - And Winter Came

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Enya - And Winter Came

Postby Doubleshadow » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:22 am

Enya's new album is out!

I am a tremendous Enya fan and have been waiting eagerly for this new album. She doesn't disappoint; more extraordinarily beautiful music. One of my favorite things about her, and you can hear it in many of her albums, is how her faith comes through in ways that show her love for it, not that she's using it as an artistic device or PR play as some many other artists do (read a translation of Athair Ar Neamh).

I'm off to listen some more.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Well, who knows, maybe I'll pick this up for my listeners around Christmas time. So I read that Enya is a Catholic? That surprises me - I always figured she was Neopagan or something. I guess that just shows the importance of not jumping to conclusions about other people.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:50 am

^ I always thought she was, too. Probably because the section I'd always seen her in in stores was 'New Age', so that got me thinking of Eastern religions and such. But she's Catholic, eh? Cool.

I only have two Enya CDs - The Celts and Watermark. But I've been wanting to get another one sometime, so maybe this will be it!
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Return to Jam Session