Ecliptik & Arjahn on Tastyfresh Presents

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Ecliptik & Arjahn on Tastyfresh Presents

Postby djecliptik » Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:31 pm

I posted about this earlier, I don't know why it didn't get through... anyways,
this happens to be the mix that got us noticed... even when Me & Arjahn were doing a Drum N Bass weekly on http://www.castthefire.com

http://www.tastyfresh.com/podcasts/40-tastyfresh-presents/655-tastyfresh-presents-episode-20-dj-ecliptik-and-dj-arjahn.html

Take a listen, and tell me what you think.
djecliptik

Postby That Dude » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:24 am

That's some pretty rad stuff you got there. Do you have any CD's or is it just podcasts? Hey you should check out my music links in my sig and tell me what you think...It'd be nice getting a pro's opinion of it.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby djecliptik » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:05 am

The purpose for podcasts is because it's cheaper than making a CD. It can easily be downloaded to your Ipod, and If you want it on CD, you can burn the MP3 to one yourself using CD burning program such as Nero. Since we do weekly's, we can't afford to make CD's per request.

I appreciate you taking the time to listen. I understand I am a bit on the hardcore side... :lol:

I will have a listen to your links tomorrow sometime...I have work this afternoon and by the time I get home, my girl will probably want me to talk her to sleep....which I don't mind... :hug:
Psalms 33:3 - "Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise."

"A DJ who doesn't Dance, is like a writer who doesn't read." ~Ecliptik

djecliptik

Postby That Dude » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:27 am

Rad, well I'll download a few of your podcasts than...I didn't hear a whole lot of it when I checked it out, but I definitely liked what I did hear of your stuff. My stuff is all stuff I've done on Garageband so it isn't the greatest quality.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby djecliptik » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Very interesting stuff, Indeed!

I understand... There are other ways of composing/producing tracks (as I like to call them).
Being creative is the main focus, and using every tool and source at your disposal. If you're serious about making trance, I would suggest either starting out with Fruity Loops or Reason, actually Reason is a really awesome program for generating synths and beats, however, the cost can come a lil pricey. When I started DJ'ing, I had bought 2 cheap raggedy turntables, and an old scratch mixer, with no equalizer... lol

All i'm getting at is, work with what you have now, and learn every aspect of it, so when you have the funds to move onto bigger better equipment/software, then you'll be glad that you already have a heads-up of what does what, and you'll be able to throw something really smashing, yet sweet together in no time. :)
Psalms 33:3 - "Sing unto him a new song; play skillfully with a loud noise."

"A DJ who doesn't Dance, is like a writer who doesn't read." ~Ecliptik

djecliptik

Return to Jam Session