Memory Music

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Memory Music

Postby GeneD » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:44 am

Music can be a serious trigger for certain memories in my life. I often associate specific CD’s with events and those memories come flooding back every time I listen to the relevant disc. So I was wondering if you have songs, bands or CD’s that hold specific memories for you?

Some of mine are…

The “10 Things I Hate About Youâ€
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby LadyRushia » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:16 pm

I was actually going through my old mixed CDs the other day and experiencing the same sort of memory jog, XD. Hearing songs that I used to be obsessed with once upon a time is very fun and interesting. Let's see. . .

My CD of assorted DDR songs reminds me of sophomore year.
My CD of Japanese songs takes me back to middle school (especially the Sailor Moon tracks, XD).

Yeah, it's interesting how memories can be tied to songs. At least for the most part that can be a good thing.
Fanfiction (updated 1/1/11)-- Lucky Star--Ginsaki ch. 4
[color="Magenta"]Sometimes I post things.[/color]
Image Image Image
LadyRushia

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:21 pm

I have several albums like this. xD

Anberlin's entire album, Cities, always reminds me of my senior year.

Several self-made J-Pop albums remind me of various years in highschool, and one of them specifically reminds me of my time spent at an art program for two weeks.

This one song by the band Allister and music by any of the older Drive Thru bands remind me of 8th/9th grade.

Pretty much all of the songs in Chrono Cross are extremely reminiscent for me. XD

There are a lot more--I listen to a lot of music and have a lot of songs linked to different times in my life, but these are the most prominent/the first ones that came to mind. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby meboeck » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:31 pm

DDR Music makes me think of Otakon. MSP gave me all the DDR music I have, and one time when we were going to Otakon together, we played that CD.

Much Afraid by Jars of Clay reminds me of playing Donkey Kong Country with my brother.

A lot of songs or albums make me feel very nostalgic if I'm in the right mood.
*insert poem, quote, or witty comment here*

"If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! -- [color=#cc3322]MOES."
[/color]
meboeck

Postby Tommy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Underoath-The Changing of Times
an album by Underoath reminds me of my first relationship.
I got the CD when I broke up with my first girlfriend and first applied for my first job at Stop and Shop. It was quite awhile and I didn't understand the concept of love at all, but I thought I did. I got attached to someone that randomly decided to stop talking to me because she wanted to end it without hurting my feelings and saying it to my face.

This was the album I listened to when I went to a stage of depression and change in my life. Sure, when I look back now it was stupid and my feelings were some immature teenage fantasy, but I was depressed then regardless.

The song "Alone in December" always remind me of how I was basically dumped in December of that year and how much I thought I grew to love this individual.

Overall, while music-wise it was just a good album, the memories I associate and the maturing and changing I went through with this album.

Blindside [Self-Titled]
This was actually the last Blindside album I got into.
I associate with my Freshman year High School because that's when I got it.

Norma Jean-Bless The Martyr, Kiss the Child
I associate with my first band because I was into this CD then and this is what I wanted to sound like.

Underoath-Cries of the Past
First "Real" Metal album I ever heard. Amazing.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Righteousss » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:30 am

wow same, I used to be a Linkin Park finatic or should I say addict. They really never get old and just over the summer I found Meteora! Stashed away in a box in my attic. I listened to it for a long time and these memories started to flood back into me of my elementary life when all I used to listen to was Linkin Park.

Goshh now I feel somewhat old :\
Righteousss

Postby Tommy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Linkin Park isn't that old of a band.

Have you heard their demos when they were under the name Xero?
They're actually pretty good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzbEvJ6YyDA
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Return to Jam Session