The most haunting movie scores EVER!!!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

The most haunting movie scores EVER!!!

Postby Danderson » Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:31 pm

Are there any movie scores that have such a haunting effect on you, you're like "wow...This is amazing!" Or maybe even scores that are so haunting they make u feel closer to God?

Recently, I've been listening to the World Trade Center score by Craig Armstrong and there's been times where I almost broke down a cried becuase of the beuty of the piano and string work.....Haven't even seen the movie yet...but I plan to....

Also, just about any score by James Newton Howard has this effect on me.....
Danderson

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:48 pm

Some that come to mind are:

A Clockwork Orange - In this film score Wendy Carlos plays famous Classical music on analogue synthesizers, which disturbs the ear and makes them sound incredibly dark and eerie.
Blade Runner - Remarkably atmospheric electronics from a dark future, a mixture of high tech Asian and Film Noir soundscapes.
Ghost In The Shell/Ghost In The Shell 2: Innocence: Moody and minimalistic traditional japanese music mixed with atmospheric synths with a very introspective feeling.
Spirited Away: Immaculately beautiful piano work.
GhostontheNet

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:12 am

Silent Hill's music was haunting enough to send chills down my neck. Also 28 days later's wasn't so much haunting as just well done and thrilling.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:36 am

Kudos for the mention of A Clockwork Orange, Ghost.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Crazy Kitty » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:37 am

A Beautiful Mind hands down (: It has a way of being beautiful and creepy at the same time. Listening to it always seems to give me chills.
Crazy Kitty

Return to Jam Session