Violin

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Violin

Postby Jaltus-bot » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:43 pm

Does anyone here play the violin? Or if not that, the viola, cello, or bass?
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:53 pm

CELLO!!! *raises hand*
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Puguni » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:35 pm

If anyone plays the bass, you are mad cool. Seriously.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby Jaltus-bot » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:31 pm

Puguni wrote:If anyone plays the bass, you are mad cool. Seriously.

Even if it's not bass guitar? I'd be delighted to hear such perspectives.
When I feel blue, I start breathing again.

Asdvadz hedut ullah! (W. Armenian, "May God bless you!")

It's cosplay, get used to it.

"A hero need not speak. For when he is gone, the world will speak for him."

"One of the nice things about diseases of the brain is they tend to slip your mind." Colbert
Jaltus-bot

Postby Puguni » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:27 am

Jaltus-bot wrote:Even if it's not bass guitar? I'd be delighted to hear such perspectives.

I always thought playing an instrument bigger than most people was cool. Also, you get this really cool image of a jazz band with a bass player strumming in the background.
Puguni

Location: In a place where I can wonder why good grammar doesn't apply on the internet.

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:07 pm

i play violin. unfortunately, i'm not very fond of the instrument...nonetheless, i play violin.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:21 pm

Cellos are wicked-awesome! So are songs that have cellos in them.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Amzi Live » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:41 am

Yeah cellos are awesome.I love how the violin sound too.My favorite cellist is Yo_Yo Ma.With the Violin I would have to say Joshua Bell.:thumb:
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
Proud lurker? Join MOES,and help us stay cool.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:47 am

Violin and Piano (and have played other stuff in past.)

My older son plays Bass, Piano, and Bass Guitar (and got into Texas All-State Orchestra this year!!! Had to brag, sorry.)

My younger son plays Violin and Cello.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Amzi Live » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:58 am

EricTheFred (post: 1194210) wrote:Violin and Piano (and have played other stuff in past.)

My older son plays Bass, Piano, and Bass Guitar (and got into Texas All-State Orchestra this year!!! Had to brag, sorry.)

My younger son plays Violin and Cello.

Wow!That is something.Bravo for him*clapping*.Did he study music before that?
[font="Arial Narrow"] Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. Psalm86:11[/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby EricTheFred » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:42 am

Number one son started Piano in second grade, String Bass in fourth. He taught himself Bass Guitar, leveraging off the similarity to String Bass. (He plays a fretless Peavy TL5.) On String Bass he's been taking lessons from a professional symphony bassist for five years now.

He's a High School Junior, now, and looking at different music schools for college, so it looks like he plans on doing this for a living. Since he can already play rings around me on Piano (he did Debussey's "Clair de Lune" for recital last spring) I believe he has the talent to pull it off.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May He lift up His countenance and grant you peace.

Maokun: Ninjas or Pirates? (Vikings are not a valid answer, sorry)

EricTheFred: Vikings are always a valid answer.

Feel free to visit My Writing.com Portfolio

Largo: "Well Ed, good to see ya. Guess I gotta beat the crap out of you now."

Jamie Hyneman: "It's just another lovely day at the bomb range. Birds are singing, rabbits are hopping about, and soon there's going to be a big explosion."
EricTheFred

Postby Amzi Live » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:00 pm

EricTheFred (post: 1194222) wrote:Number one son started Piano in second grade, String Bass in fourth. He taught himself Bass Guitar, leveraging off the similarity to String Bass. (He plays a fretless Peavy TL5.) On String Bass he's been taking lessons from a professional symphony bassist for five years now.

He's a High School Junior, now, and looking at different music schools for college, so it looks like he plans on doing this for a living. Since he can already play rings around me on Piano (he did Debussey's "Clair de Lune" for recital last spring) I believe he has the talent to pull it off.

Wow!Wow!That's like awesome!!!!Oh well let me go practice my guitar.I'm really inspired.Sometimes the hardest part is spending the hours practicing,but I think I have new hope of becoming a better guitarist now.Thanks!Someday when your son goes pro I might just thank him.:thumb: Tell him to keep it up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amzi Live

Postby Righteousss » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:35 am

I play viola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Righteousss

Return to Jam Session