favorite christian artists/bands

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

favorite christian artists/bands

Postby jon_jinn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:02 pm

i'm trying to find new Christian artists/bands to listen to so i'm starting this thread to see who you guys like. just make a list of some of your favorite Christian artists or bands. thanks.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Callisto » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:17 pm

The W's is my favourite band evar, kthanksbai.

Oh and I also like tobyMac.
[SIGPIC]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9122/keybi4.png[/SIGPIC]
Callisto

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Some of what I'll be listing, you may already be familiar with, so bear with me if I mention something you already know. XD Additionally, I'll be listing not only Christian bands, but bands with Christian members (bands that don't consider themselves "Christian bands", that is) that have clean lyrics. Basically, you can find most of these in your Christian bookstore.

Anberlin
Five Iron Frenzy (I couldn't find a link to their music, look them up on YouTube for examples)
Watashi Wa
Leeland (I couldn't find a link to their music, look them up on YouTube for samples)
Mae
Future of Forestry
House of Heroes
Fair
MxPx
Sufjan Stevens
This Day and Age
Copeland

Hope you find something you like! :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Danderson » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:25 pm

Ok, here's my list coming right at ye!!!!:
Skillet
Red
Falling Up
The Wedding
Mainstay
Demon Hunter
Everyday Sunday
Wavorly
12 Stones
....Then there are various singles by various artists, but that would be way too long of a list...
Danderson

Postby blkmage » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:46 pm

I do enjoy listening to David Crowder Band, Future of Forestry, Mae, and Andy Hunter.
blkmage

Postby jon_jinn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:22 pm

thanks for the suggestions. Radical Dreamer, the links you posted were very helpful in helping me find a place to get music.
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:41 pm

The devil wears prada
Skillet
As I Lay Dying
Demon Hunter
Living Sacrifice
Soul Embraced
Andy Hunter
Beanbag
Disciple
Becoming the Archtype
David Crowder Band
Bless the Fall
Virgin Black
Nodes of Ranvier
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Ichigo_89 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:04 am

Some that I really enjoy:

MewithoutYou
As Cities Burn
Oh Sleeper
August Burns Red
Common Yet Forbidden
As I Lay Dying
Norma Jean
The Chariot
ZAO
Once Nothing
A Plea For Purging
Edison Glass
Becoming The Archetype
Life In Your Way
Dead Poetic
MUTEMATH
Ichigo_89

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:07 am

PFR and The Waiting are good Christian bands that don't seem to get a lot of love these days
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

great songs with great meanings

Postby 12praiseGOD » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:04 pm

well i really like the songs of MercyMe(the band) such as
were you lead me
everything impossible
a million miles away
and keep singing
i also like the songs from FFH
and Casting Crowsn such as
what if His people prayed
If we are the Body
Voice of Truth
Who am I
Your love is extravagant
and finally songs from sonich flood
Open the Eyes of my heart
The heart of Worship
hope to have been of some help.

:thumb: GOD bless you!!!
remember that GOD is not sitting far away somewhere with a big magnigying glass, but He is an ever present GOD who knows everything about us and still loves us-unknown
[color="Red"]If GOD brings you to it, He will bring you through it.- unknown.[SIZE="3"][color="Magenta"][color="Red"][/color][/color][/SIZE]:angel:[/color]

[color="Lime"][color="Lime"]"GOD isn't sitting far away with a magnifying glass, but HE is an ever present GOD" -unknown :thumb:

-meaning he is with us all the time.[/color][/color]

[color="Magenta"]"If you don't trust your wings, you'll be caught in the mountain."-myself:angel:

meaning- "If you don't trust GOD, you'll be caught in the problem."- myself[/color]

[color="Red"]@)}[/color][color="YellowGreen"]-'-,[/color]

[color="Red"]"The farthest distance between a problem and a solution, is the distance between your knees and the floor."- unknown.[/color]
12praiseGOD

Postby greyscale42 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:09 pm

August Burns Red
Norma Jean
The Chariot
mewithoutYou
Zwan
Nickle Creek
As Cities Burn
Underoath
The Devil Wears Prada
greyscale42

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:31 pm

My own favorites come mostly from the Gothic, Industrial, Post-Punk, and Electropop genres, and are:

Saviour Machine,
The Awakening,
Leper,
Beauty For Ashes,
Simple Shelter,
The Echoing Green,
Batzz in the Belfry,
Audio Paradox,
Eva O,
Dead Artist Syndrome,
Frolic,
ThouShaltNot,
Red Lipstick Death,
Paradoxx,
mewithoutYou,
Wedding Party,
I-Dragon-I,
Headnoise
GhostontheNet

Postby Knives » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:57 pm

Sympathy
Haste the Day
August Burns Red
Bedeiah
Knives

Postby ilikegir33 » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:18 am

I can't get enough of MxPx, Skillet, and Relient K. But I also like Thoushaltnot and Mewithoutyou.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Popsicle » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:11 pm

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]There are bunch of cool Christian bands and artists. I'll just name a few...

Thousand Foot Krutch
Skillet
Relient K
MuteMath
Sanctus Real
Family Force 5
Emery
Falling Up
Hawk Nelson
David Crowder Band...[/color]
Popsicle

Postby SolidÃ…rmor » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:00 pm

Jars of Clay
Bebo Norman
Steven Curtis Chapman
Switchfoot
Susan Ashton
Mercy Me
Audio Adrenaline
Casting Crowns
David Crowder Band
DC Talk / Toby Mac
Chris Rice
Scott Krippayne
News Boys
Burlap to Cashmere
Bless me indeed
Open wide my horizons to share your name
Bless me indeed
Let your hand keep me
from harm and pain
Bless me
Bless me
SolidÃ…rmor

Postby Okami » Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:06 pm

I have to second Emery :D
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby hxckid » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:47 pm

haste the day
norma jean
the chariot
maylene and the sons of disaster
underoath (old)
August Burns Red
me without you
demon hunter
Oh Sleeper
The Devil Wears Prada

Thats just a few that i love
hxckid

Postby Tommy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:10 pm

Ryan's (hxckid) plus

Blindside
Becoming the Archetype
P.O.D.
As Cities Burn
LIFE IN YOUR WAY
Blessed by a Broken Heart

MEH...too many.
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Sheenar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:56 pm

Sanctus Real
12 Stones
Thousand Foot Krutch
Third Day
Jars of Clay
Plumb
Jennifer Knapp
Rich Mullins
Red
Skillet
David Crowder Band
Derek Webb
Mary Mary

And so on...
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby SnoringFrog » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:19 am

My word...so many. I'll just name a few that come to mind.

Horsemen of the Apocalypse
Impending Doom
Northern Ash
Demon Hunter
Underoath
Haste the Day
As I Lay Dying
The Devil Wears Prada
Disciple
Thousand Foot Krutch
Since October - http://www.myspace.com/sinceoctober
The Separate - http://www.myspace.com/theseparate ((Unsigned as of yet, but I saw them in concert and loved them))
12 Stones
Anberlin
Falling Up
Red
Relient K

that's just who comes to mind offhand, there's plenty more I love that I can't think of ATM.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Postby AsianBlossom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:59 pm

Well, if I would have suggested anything, it's already been said. Except for Jump5; I loooove their music, but not many other people do. They split up back after they released their last CD in October. So sad...

Yeah, I'm such a kid. :P
RESPECT THE UNBORN AND CHOOSE LIFE...your mother did.

"Do not underestimate the power of the muffin! The muffin will smite all those who question it! The muffin will crush all nay-sayers! He who controls the muffin shall control the entire world!" -Taishi, Comic Party English Dub
AsianBlossom

Return to Jam Session