Heavy Metal

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Heavy Metal

Postby 4m3r1c4 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:15 pm

:rock: Would there be here anyone who does know of foreign :rock:

groups and of christian influence as SevenAngels of brazil or SeventhAvenue of Germany or Jeremy of South Korea?

I have recently become aware of Gackt and of the Black Mages making music for nice Playstation games. More notably known as the Final Fantasy Anthology. Neither of these groups and many other groups and bands of Japan are of the christian faith making it rather sad for me since I love the music as much as the music from the Christian groups listed above.

So I ask for your assistance concerning Rock Music from Japan or Brazil or Spain or Europe consisting of Classis Metal or SpeedMetal as IronMaiden-Queensryche-AliceCooper made known to the world. Now let Christ be known to the world through this music!

IV
..::||X++AXENIK++X||::..
4m3r1c4

Postby That Dude » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:36 am

Are you asking about christian rock in those countries or just rock in general?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby 4m3r1c4 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:17 am

mostly of the christian rock, but general positive groups would do ok too...as gackt and black mages...
4m3r1c4

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:32 am

Then why is the thread called "Heavy Metal"?
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:54 pm

Well you can check out Enomine They are a christian German industrial band. Also check out Blindside if you haven't already, they sing in english but they are from Norway.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:58 pm

I thought Blindside was from Sweden.
Tommy

Postby That Dude » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:17 pm

I think that you are correct other TD. I know that they are from Stockholm but for some stupid reason I was thinking that it was in Norway and not Sweden.
That Dude

Postby 4m3r1c4 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:13 am

blindside is not heavy metal...i need heavy metal like double guitars, double bass but not black or death metal, high pitched voices flying guitar riffs and possibly some synth and other intsrutments like flute, violin, bagpipes, and other types of drums as groups like Mago de Oz of Spain or Divine Fire of the UK do...
4m3r1c4

Postby That Dude » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:39 am

I don't really know as much foreign heavy metal as much as I do foreign hardcore, metalcore, and other genres such as that. If you want some names of those bands I could help you.
That Dude

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:38 pm

Sonata Arctica
Vanden Plas
Communic
Cloudscape
Rob Rock
Mercenary (mostly singing with some death metal vocals)
Zero Hour
Pain of Salvation (do NOT get BE or Scarsick; all the other ones are great, though)
Eric

Postby 4m3r1c4 » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:40 am

thx!
4m3r1c4

Postby Tommy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:16 am

They're good.
Christian?
Tommy

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:33 pm

Saviour Machine and Virgin Black. You are however getting into the goth rock genre with them.
Hitokiri

Postby 4m3r1c4 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:23 am

been a while but hey awesome music found along the way!
actually the term i was trying to refer to was power metal or white metal (classic metal - speed metal) all being basically the same style of music with band such as these listed below...
enjoi!

ZION (Christian - USA)
Stratovarius (Secular - Finland)
Galneryus (Secular - Japan)
Concerto Moon (Secular - Japan)
Jeremy (Christian - South Korea)
X Japan (Secular - Japan - just got back together for a reunion tour after more than 10 years of splitting up)
Avantasia (Secular - USA)
Narnia (Christian - USA)
Seventh Avenue (Christian - Germany)
Seven Angels (Christian - Brazil)
Boanerges (Christian - Argentina)
Barni (Christian - Argentina)
Double Dealer (Secular - Japan)
Dragonforce (Secular - England)
ETERNA (Christian - USA)
KAMELOT (Secular - USA)
Europe (Secular - England)
Mago de Oz (Secular - Spain)
STRYPER (Christian - USA - of course knew all along!)
Tierra Santa (Secular - Spain)
The Thunderlords (Secular - USA)
and of course all the great bands of the early 70's and 80's who influence and started and promoted the heavy metal movement (genre)

AC/DC, Iron maiden, meatloaf, pantera, manowar, led zeppelin, hammerfall, blind guardian, symphony x, angra, rata blanca, queensryche, dream theater, helloween,
4m3r1c4

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:55 am

Hitokiri (post: 1138848) wrote:Saviour Machine and Virgin Black. You are however getting into the goth rock genre with them.

brilliant stuff there.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby jaems-kun » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:26 am

no one's mentioned extol yet? how bout Still Remains.
jaems-kun

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:04 pm

extol i agree on and Still remains is good
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:50 pm

That Dude (post: 1136895) wrote:Well you can check out Enomine They are a christian German industrial band. Also check out Blindside if you haven't already, they sing in english but they are from Norway.
I think E Nomine would be better classified as Electro-Goth, especially with their Gothic lyrical poetry and and dabling into musical ideas inspired by the traditional mass. The big theme of Industrial music is the technology of violence and oppression, and is usually intended to make social and/or political commentary. As such, Industrial music tends to evoke the feeling in the listener of being trapped in macabre death factories, wasted battlefields, or brutal concrete jungles.

Hitokiri wrote:Saviour Machine and Virgin Black. You are however getting into the goth rock genre with them.
GrubbTheFragger wrote:brilliant stuff there.
As one of the more vocal enthusiasts for Gothic music around the forums, I third this suggestion. Saviour Machine and Virgin Black are two major Gothic Metal (i.e. Gothic Rock + Progressive/Symphonic Metal) bands with a distict outlook on their Christian worldview and incredible passion. Their style of Metal isn't so much for those looking for speed and grit, but rather beauty and elegance. Their vocalists have this remarkably beautiful operatic style that just stirs the soul. I'm going to post a few videos of Saviour Machine and Virgin Black, which I hope some of you will enjoy.

Saviour Machine - Carnival Of Souls
Saviour Machine - Love Never Dies/Saviour Machine II
Virgin Black - Our Wings Are Burning
Virgin Black - Lamenting Kiss
GhostontheNet

Postby Scarecrow » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:43 pm

GhostontheNet (post: 1213271) wrote: As one of the more vocal enthusiasts for Gothic music around the forums, I third this suggestion. Saviour Machine and Virgin Black are two major Gothic Metal (i.e. Gothic Rock + Progressive/Symphonic Metal) bands with a distict outlook on their Christian worldview and incredible passion. Their style of Metal isn't so much for those looking for speed and grit, but rather beauty and elegance. Their vocalists have this remarkably beautiful operatic style that just stirs the soul. I'm going to post a few videos of Saviour Machine and Virgin Black, which I hope some of you will enjoy.

OK... this is just because now you're stepping on MY territory :evilgrin: But this is purely subjective. While I like a little of Virgin Black, I could never sit and listen to a whole album and Savior Machine I just couldn't get into at all. If you want beauty and elegance in metal, there's Blind Guardian, Sirenia, Nightwish, Epica, Tristania, Sonata Arctica, Demons and Wizards, Slechtvalk, Eluveitie... Ah I could go on. Blind Guardians melodies and lyrics are excellent and even when they're pounding away you feel lost in a bittersweet well of emotions. Their lyrics are so poetic, the music is so powerful, and their ballads are fantastic.

There are just too many metal bands to brag about here. Sure to some, a lot may just sound like speed and grit (and there are some bands out there that even I just go O.O) but clearly they just do not understand or appreciate the beauty and power of such music xD.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:13 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1213309) wrote:OK... this is just because now you're stepping on MY territory :evilgrin: But this is purely subjective. While I like a little of Virgin Black, I could never sit and listen to a whole album and Savior Machine I just couldn't get into at all. If you want beauty and elegance in metal, there's Blind Guardian, Sirenia, Nightwish, Epica, Tristania, Sonata Arctica, Demons and Wizards, Slechtvalk, Eluveitie... Ah I could go on. Blind Guardians melodies and lyrics are excellent and even when they're pounding away you feel lost in a bittersweet well of emotions. Their lyrics are so poetic, the music is so powerful, and their ballads are fantastic.

There are just too many metal bands to brag about here. Sure to some, a lot may just sound like speed and grit (and there are some bands out there that even I just go O.O) but clearly they just do not understand or appreciate the beauty and power of such music xD.
I mentioned speed and grit because genres like Thrash Metal (mentioned in the opening post) were started as a fusion of Metal and Punk to make music that was louder, faster, and had more urban grittiness. The fact that you cannot sit through Saviour Machine or other Metal acts inspired by Progressive Rock simply means that you lack the patience to appreciate Progressive music. Saviour Machine makes music that is like an apocalyptic Wagnerian Opera set in the social turbulence of the late 20th and early 21st century whereby God's purposes for mankind's redemption are revealed.
GhostontheNet

Postby Scarecrow » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:03 am

GhostontheNet (post: 1213320) wrote:I mentioned speed and grit because genres like Thrash Metal (mentioned in the opening post) were started as a fusion of Metal and Punk to make music that was louder, faster, and had more urban grittiness. The fact that you cannot sit through Saviour Machine or other Metal acts inspired by Progressive Rock simply means that you lack the patience to appreciate Progressive music. Saviour Machine makes music that is like an apocalyptic Wagnerian Opera set in the social turbulence of the late 20th and early 21st century whereby God's purposes for mankind's redemption are revealed.

My point was people looking for beauty and elegance can find it in speed and grit too... ya made it sound that people looking that won't find it in thrash or whatever. I certainly wasn't looking for speed when I got into metal. It was actually an acquired taste. Anyway, I was just saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or the ear in this case).
Scarecrow

Postby ich1990 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:15 pm

4m3r1c4 (post: 1213148) wrote:been a while but hey awesome music found along the way!
actually the term i was trying to refer to was power metal or white metal (classic metal - speed metal) all being basically the same style of music with band such as these listed below...
enjoi!

Try Impellitteri]http://www.myspace.com/impellitterirocks[/URL]

Also, try Bride, they constantly change their sound, but their latest album "Skin for Skin" is Heavy Metal/Classic Metal. The first song in the link below is from "Skin for Skin".

http://www.myspace.com/bridemusic

Finally, you might like Stereo Motion. They have a lighter pop sound, but their album is filled with high energy classic rock. The majority of the cd is like "The Revolution Times", not the other three songs that are listed.

http://www.myspace.com/stereomotionrock

All three are Christian. Hope you enjoy them!

Scarecrow wrote:If you want beauty and elegance in metal, there's Blind Guardian, Sirenia, Nightwish, Epica, Tristania, Sonata Arctica, Demons and Wizards, Slechtvalk, Eluveitie... Ah I could go on.

Any Christian equivalents? I like harder music and softer vocals.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Well Slechtvalk's first album was Christian I believe but now they just consider themselves a "neutral" band. However they have pretty harsh vocals. But its like... melodic/folkish type black metal so after a few listens I was hooked.

I did have a list of Christian equivalents posted on here before, I'll have to find the thread again. It was only about 10 bands and it was extremely hard finding that many that I liked (I know people have posted hundreds of Christian metal bands but nothing in the style I like... hard melodic music, softer vocals, etc. Or they were just bad, ie Narnia... I tried to like them but the singer just can't sing >.<)

Off the top of my head I can think of Rob Rock who would be similar to Blind Guardian though hes more heavy metal not power metal. Helloween is a great power metal band and while they weren't ever considered Christian, alot of their old albums have Christian inspired lyrics as a couple of the band members were Christians. Also, Random Eyes for female fronted power metal band from finland. There was actually a female fronted band I liked better than them, also from finland but I'll have to find them. Anyway, Ill browse through my old messages and pull up the names. I had links to all of their sites or samples.

----EDIT-----

Ok I found my list...

Magnitude Nine
Vision Divine
Labyrinth
Rob Rock
Venia
7 Days
Random Eyes
Seventh Avenue
Veni Domine
Jacobs Dream

Haven't listened to any of these guys in ages but these were my favorites of all the hundreds of bands I've gone through. If you like Blind Guardian and Sonata Arctica, you may like a lot of these. If you like Nightwish or Within Temptation, well... Venia and Random Eyes are about all I ever found remotely similar.

Edit again... well it seems Random Eyes lost its female singer and now its just the guy singing (the guy and girl would sing together with the girl singing the majority). Oh well... still not bad stuff but I liked the female singer.
Scarecrow

Postby ich1990 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:14 am

Thanks for the links! 7 days, Vision Devine, Venia, and Slechtvalk are my favorites. I will have to keep an eye on these bands in the future.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:41 pm

No problem. Good choices :D Those were my top favorites as well....
Scarecrow

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:46 pm

[font="palatino Linotype"]Whoo, gravedig! :D

Hows about.......((If you also like Screamcore/HevyMetal, and not JUST HM))

MAXIMUM THE HORMONE {Secular/Japanese. Look up the lyrics for the songs, though. Some are hit-and-miss..>_>;;}
Dir en grey {Secular/Japanese. Gah, I LOVE this band. Love, love, love, love. Some songs can get bad, but only if you get certain CDs/MP3s.}
Malice Mizer {Secular/Japanese. They can get weird on their songs, but Gackt used to front them.}
Nightwish {Secular/Finnish. *A* I love Tarja's voice. Most of their songs are clean, I think...}
Moi Dix Mois {Secular/Japanese. Formed by the famous MANA of Malice Mizer fame. Very pretty music.}
HIZAKI Grace Project {Secular/Japanese. Very beautiful vocals. Reminiscent of Dragonforce...}
Rhapsody of Fire {Secular/Norwegian. Headed by Luca Turilli.}
Luca Turilli {Secular/Norwegian. Good guitar chords and very good vibratto.}
Stratovarius {Secular/Finnish. Good instruments. Good vocals.}

....Most of these are Symphonic Metal, one of my favorite subgenres.
Hope these helped!![/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Postby Ingemar » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:57 pm

One correction: Nightwish is Finnish.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:16 pm

But the new singer is Swedish :D
Scarecrow

Postby Hana Ryuuzaki » Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:44 am

[font="palatino Linotype"]Yeah, stupid me.

I was thinking about Anette when I typed that.
Corrected![/font]
[SIGPIC]http://christiananime.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9906&dateline=1214542817[/SIGPIC]
[SIZE="1"][color="Plum"]WHY GOD MADE J-ROCK: Kamijo[/color][/SIZE]
[color="LightBlue"][SIZE="3"][font="Century Gothic"]Crucify My Love, If My Love Is Blind...[/SIZE][/color][/font]
Hana Ryuuzaki

Next

Return to Jam Session