Minutes Till Midnight

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Minutes Till Midnight

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:29 pm

Anyone else as hyped as I am for this? I can't wait for May 15. This is going to be an AWESOME CD. For those who don't know, it's Linkin Park's new album, their first since Meteora, if I remember correctly.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Tommy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:10 pm

Nope, not any near near as hyped.
Looks like a solid album, but I don't plan on buying them.

And don't think I just came in here to bash them.
I just bought The Hybrid Theory and Meteora over the weekend and they are nice CDs.

I'm just not that excited.
I'm too stoked for BTA's "The Physics of Fire."
Now THAT's gonna be an AWESOME CD.
Tommy

Postby Destroyer2000 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:30 pm

I've never even heard of BTA.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Zilch » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:21 pm

I'm interested, but not really stoked. Linkin Park has been kind of a passing interest to me over the years, so I'm wondering how this is going to come together.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Kkun » Tue May 01, 2007 6:18 am

I'm gonna buy it. I might not like it, but I'm gonna buy it.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Ichigo_89 » Tue May 01, 2007 6:50 am

Tom Dincht wrote:Nope, not any near near as hyped.
Looks like a solid album, but I don't plan on buying them.

And don't think I just came in here to bash them.
I just bought The Hybrid Theory and Meteora over the weekend and they are nice CDs.

I'm just not that excited.
I'm too stoked for BTA's "The Physics of Fire."
Now THAT's gonna be an AWESOME CD.

One more week, bro! JUST ONE MORE WEEEEEEEEK!!! *Kkun glares at us*

There's 2 new songs this week on BTA's purevolume & myspace

http://www.myspace.com/becomingthearchetype

*caugh* ahem. Now trying to be on topic...uhh, I'm not sure what to make of this new cd. It doesn't have the unique super fusion of genres anymore...now it just seems like, well plain ol' mainstream rock. I'll have to hear more though before judging
Ichigo_89

Postby Kkun » Tue May 01, 2007 7:05 am

Ichigo_89 wrote:One more week, bro! JUST ONE MORE WEEEEEEEEK!!! *Kkun glares at us*

There's 2 new songs this week on BTA's purevolume & myspace

http://www.myspace.com/becomingthearchetype

*caugh* ahem. Now trying to be on topic...uhh, I'm not sure what to make of this new cd. It doesn't have the unique super fusion of genres anymore...now it just seems like, well plain ol' mainstream rock. I'll have to hear more though before judging

o.o Why would I glare at you? You guys think I'm some kind of mean, old fuddy duddy or something. I LIKE BTA. I just don't think they're particularly amazing.
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Tue May 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Not amazing, but far superior to Linkin Park, if you ask me.
Linkin Park is still good though.
Tommy

Postby Nate » Tue May 01, 2007 2:11 pm

I actually heard two of the songs the other day, Given Up and What I've Done. And I have to say as a Linkin Park fan, I am absolutely appalled. What I've Done wasn't HORRIBLE, it was just bland and well, sounded like every other mainstream rock band in existence. That's not why I liked Linkin Park, it was because they had a different sound, not the same sound.

Given Up was just...well, terrible. It was like an assault on my eardrums. At least the clip I heard was only a minute long because I probably would have ripped my ears off if I'd been forced to listen to more of it.

I'm saying this as a Linkin Park fan, not someone who thinks they suck. Their first two albums were absolutely fantastic. I guess I'll just keep listening to those two, since they've lost their touch apparently.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Tommy » Tue May 01, 2007 2:28 pm

Nate wrote:It was like an assault on my eardrums.

You'd love The Chariot.
:thumb:
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Nate » Tue May 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:You'd love The Chariot.
:thumb:

I've actually gotten a bit into the screaming type music, thanks to Jamie. :p Doesn't change the fact that Given Up was freaking horrendous.

Nate

Postby ilikegir33 » Tue May 01, 2007 3:50 pm

I am PSYCHED for this. I do not want any album this May except for MTM. I too have Hybrid Theory and Meteora as well as Reanimation and Collision Course: Linkin Park+Jay-Z. You know, Mike Shionoda (the rapper) did a solo effort called Fort Minor with Hollie Blackheart and Styles Of Beyond. They released a CD called The Rising Tied. I have that too. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! XD
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Tommy » Wed May 02, 2007 3:41 pm

Nate wrote:I've actually gotten a bit into the screaming type music, thanks to Jamie. :p Doesn't change the fact that Given Up was freaking horrendous.

It's more because of the choice of words.
"Assault to the Eardrum" is a phrase they use to describe their own music.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby That Dude » Mon May 14, 2007 12:11 pm

So I have a question. Why is there the explicit content sticker on the new CD?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Ichigo_89 » Mon May 14, 2007 3:06 pm

That Dude wrote:So I have a question. Why is there the explicit content sticker on the new CD?

Because they've stooped to using F-words in some songs now. (and as far as I know, F-combos too), There's a clean version U can get at Wal-Mart tho.
Ichigo_89

Postby Tommy » Mon May 14, 2007 3:10 pm

That's retarded.

Linkin Park have sold out almost as much as In Flames and Children of Bodom.
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Mon May 14, 2007 9:46 pm

If you think Linkin Park have sold out, because they use an F-bomb on the new CD...you obviously know nothing about Linkin Park.

I plan on getting the new CD, I liked What I've Done.
Stephen

Postby Kkun » Mon May 14, 2007 10:00 pm

Yeah, seriously, if selling out means using profanity, then they sold out on the Hybrid Theory EP waaaaaay back in the day.

And Tom...buddy...pal........Children of Bodom has ALWAYS been profane.
Kkun

Postby Tommy » Tue May 15, 2007 1:23 pm

No, I didn't mean profanity.

I know plenty about Linkin Park.
I've even heard their stuff as their old and "Xero" and I know their Hybrid Theory EP is full of profanity.

I was joking around.
I personally don't thikn they sold out at all.
Their new CD barely sounds different than the other.
Sure, there's not as much rap vocals, and it isn't as heavy but it's still good nonetheless.

Dude, I'm aware that Children of Bodom was always profane...
They were actulaly a lot worse previously conentwise, but not musically.

Watch the music video for "Everytime I Die" and then watch the video for "Are you Dead Yet?"
You will see my point.
CoB are sellouts.

((Plus, considering LP mixed their stuff with Jay-Z....))
Tommy

Postby Kkun » Tue May 15, 2007 8:32 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:No, I didn't mean profanity.

I know plenty about Linkin Park.
I've even heard their stuff as their old and "Xero" and I know their Hybrid Theory EP is full of profanity.

I was joking around.
I personally don't thikn they sold out at all.
Their new CD barely sounds different than the other.
Sure, there's not as much rap vocals, and it isn't as heavy but it's still good nonetheless.

Dude, I'm aware that Children of Bodom was always profane...
They were actulaly a lot worse previously conentwise, but not musically.

Watch the music video for "Everytime I Die" and then watch the video for "Are you Dead Yet?"
You will see my point.
CoB are sellouts.

((Plus, considering LP mixed their stuff with Jay-Z....))

Mixing with Jay-Z means they are business savvy, not sell-outs. ; )
Kkun

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed May 16, 2007 2:18 pm

-EDIT- Wrong thread
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Stephen » Wed May 16, 2007 7:45 pm

Just got the CD today. It is ok. I am liking it more with each listen, but I don't like it as much as Hybrid or Meteora. Fav song is #8 No More Sorrow.
Stephen

Postby Danderson » Wed May 16, 2007 8:34 pm

I didn't get the CD, but I'm rather disappointed that they had to get a parental advisory label. Like Evanescence they originially had a very good alternative sound that really tried to be unique....but I believe the fame is now getting to them.....

I still like both Evanescences and Linkin Parks first albums. It's sad though to see how people waste the gifts God has given them.....
Danderson

Postby Stephen » Wed May 16, 2007 8:57 pm

If a band is doing the music for a job, then we have no right to judge what they do with there talents. I work at a grocery store, should people tell me I should be working at a Christian grocery store? Ministry bands I hold in a different light.
Stephen

Postby That Dude » Thu May 17, 2007 10:48 am

I agree with you to a point ShatterSteve...But I think that you can judge what they do with their talents. If they aren't living up to what you know they can do doesn't that mean that they are doing a poor job and people should let them know to get their act together and live up to what they know their capable of? Anyway I haven't heard the new CD yet so I'm not talking about LP exclusivly.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Nate » Thu May 17, 2007 11:02 am

That Dude wrote:I agree with you to a point ShatterSteve...But I think that you can judge what they do with their talents. If they aren't living up to what you know they can do doesn't that mean that they are doing a poor job and people should let them know to get their act together and live up to what they know their capable of?

How can we judge what they do with their talents? I'm not so arrogant as to say "You're wasting your talents" when I know I'm not using my talents to their fullest extent. Unless you're sure you're using 100% of your God-given talents to their fullest to serve God, how can you judge someone else? Didn't Jesus say "Remove the plank from your own eye before removing the speck from someone else's"?

And what does that mean let them know to get their act together and do what they're capable of? How do you know they're NOT already giving 100%?

I think Thousand Foot Krutch is one of the worst bands I've ever heard. But I'm not going to sit there and go, "They're doing a lousy job so they must not love God enough." No, I'm sure they're fully devoted to the Lord, it's just that their music isn't the kind of music I enjoy. To judge someone's devotion to God based on the quality of their work isn't the best idea, in my book. Besides, quality is usually subjective, and a lot of people love TFK and think they're the best band ever. They think TFK is high quality; I think they're terrible quality. It all comes down to taste.

We're supposed to do all we do for God, but that doesn't mean to always say "God and Jesus and the Bible" in everything you do. If you're a Christian who runs a company that makes blue jeans, how do you do that for God? Do you print a Bible verse inside the jeans? Do you say "Jesus would wear these jeans"? No, that would be lame. You just make jeans. You make the best jeans you can make. You don't put crosses or books of the Bible on it, you just make regular jeans. You take the profits and you use the profits to support Christian ministries, to support needy families in third world countries. THAT is how you serve God with your ability to make awesome jeans.

I'm sick of people saying just because a band doesn't say God every other line that they're not "Christian enough."

Not to mention the fact that I don't think Linkin Park ever claimed to be a Christian band in the FIRST PLACE. Nor did Evanescence.

I think Minutes to Midnight is a horrible album. That doesn't mean they're wasting their talents, it doesn't mean they're doing a poor job. It simply means the music on the CD isn't what I like.

Nate

Postby Stephen » Thu May 17, 2007 11:50 am

[quote="Nate"]How can we judge what they do with their talents? I'm not so arrogant as to say "You're wasting your talents" when I know I'm not using my talents to their fullest extent. Unless you're sure you're using 100% of your God-given talents to their fullest to serve God, how can you judge someone else? Didn't Jesus say "Remove the plank from your own eye before removing the speck from someone else's"?

And what does that mean let them know to get their act together and do what they're capable of? How do you know they're NOT already giving 100%?

I think Thousand Foot Krutch is one of the worst bands I've ever heard. But I'm not going to sit there and go, "They're doing a lousy job so they must not love God enough." No, I'm sure they're fully devoted to the Lord, it's just that their music isn't the kind of music I enjoy. To judge someone's devotion to God based on the quality of their work isn't the best idea, in my book. Besides, quality is usually subjective, and a lot of people love TFK and think they're the best band ever. They think TFK is high quality]

QFT. Now this saves me from typing out a long post. ^^
Stephen

Postby everdred12a » Thu May 17, 2007 12:14 pm

Did anyone ever consider that LP might be making the music THEY want to make now? Just throwing it out there.

everdred12a

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri May 18, 2007 7:40 pm

I picked it up today and like it quite a bit. excellent IMO
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Tommy » Fri May 18, 2007 10:43 pm

Nate wrote:How can we judge what they do with their talents? I'm not so arrogant as to say "You're wasting your talents" when I know I'm not using my talents to their fullest extent. Unless you're sure you're using 100% of your God-given talents to their fullest to serve God, how can you judge someone else? Didn't Jesus say "Remove the plank from your own eye before removing the speck from someone else's"?

I think Thousand Foot Krutch is one of the worst bands I've ever heard. But I'm not going to sit there and go, "They're doing a lousy job so they must not love God enough." No, I'm sure they're fully devoted to the Lord, it's just that their music isn't the kind of music I enjoy. To judge someone's devotion to God based on the quality of their work isn't the best idea, in my book. Besides, quality is usually subjective, and a lot of people love TFK and think they're the best band ever. They think TFK is high quality]

I agreed with
I think Thousand Foot Krutch is one of the worst bands I've ever heard.

and

I think Minutes to Midnight is a horrible album.

and

I'm sick of people saying just because a band doesn't say God every other line that they're not "Christian enough."

Our views on this should be opinion-driven and there's no right or wrong answer.

I think all talents are God-given and they should be used to glorify Him.

Praising premarital-sex, drugs, Satan, ect. is not neccesarily wasting a God-goven talent but using your talent for the wrong thing. (I'm NOT saying LP falls under any of those categories.)

That doesn't mean I won't listen to it.

I take it back.
MTM isn't horrible, but after hearing its true form, I now think they're sellouts and they're only concerned with dropping a Nu Metal image. I think their cursing is irrelevant to them being sellouts.

I still love "What I've Done."

You guys can like it and I'll enjoy Meteroa and The Hybrid Theory.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Next

Return to Jam Session