your inspiration music

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

your inspiration music

Postby SageRock » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:52 pm

What kinds of music really get you into "the right mood" for your favorite stories?
SageRock

Postby Bunny » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:17 pm

Kutless! Sometimes Audio Adrenaline's first CD, too.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

2 Samuel 6: 21&22

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:10 pm

I listen to instrumental a lot for reading - movie sdtk and classical stuff. Nearly anything music wise can get me into some kind of mood. Audioslave gets me rockin', Counting Crow's 'Hard Candy' can wake me up in the am, etc. One song always reminds me of the Grey Havens in LOTR, because I had it on when I was finishing the book series. That would be 'Dante's Prayer' by Loreena McKennitt. Anyway, later.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby cbwing0 » Fri Dec 26, 2003 7:47 am

I often like to listen to music while I read/watch my favorite stories. If I want to get "pumped up," then I listen to the appropriate music, that I have already listed here:

http://www.christiananime.net/forums/showthread.php?p=66381#post66381

If I am reading the bible, I prefer Christian music, such as the Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, Avalon, DC Talk, Sonicflood, Superchic[k], and Third Day.

When I am actually reading, I usually choose softer music, so that my attention is not as divided. The Lord of the Rings music by Howard Shore is good for this. :thumb:
cbwing0

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:18 am

usually just my one Jars of clay cd...my first got broken hough (GAAHHH!!)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Bunny » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:19 am

Aww, I love JOC! I was just listening to them and they're very calming when I'm searching for inspiration.
"So David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the LORD, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the LORD. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor."

"I am going to take this bucket of water and pour it on the flames of hell, and then I am going to use this torch to burn down the gates of paradise so that people will not love God for want of heaven or fear of hell, but because He is God."

Bunny

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Dec 26, 2003 10:53 am

ooh cool! i only have further more and their latest cd. my further more stage cd is the one that cracked! *cries*
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Bunny » Fri Dec 26, 2003 11:09 am

I don't have that one anyways. I have The Day I Left the Zoo and The Eleventh Hour. My favorite song of theirs is The Valley Song. ^_^

Bunny

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:32 pm

i think worlds apart might be my fave, or maybe flood
Shao Feng-Li

Joc

Postby SageRock » Mon Dec 29, 2003 4:28 pm

I love the entire first and second JOC CDs! I think actually one of my favorite parts of their music is the background vocalists, who give kind of a smooth feel. If you like JOC's sound (noise type sound), I would recommend Six Pence None the Richer, at least their older stuff. It's got the same totally-awesome-and-cool-acoustic sound, with violins and the works.
SageRock

Return to Jam Session