Flatfoot 56

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Flatfoot 56

Postby Tommy » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:02 pm

I suppose you could somehow say this 7-year-old group with almost no popularity could be considered the Christian Alternative to The DropKick Murphys, but they lack one major quality to truly be a Celtic Punk band:

They aren't from Boston.

Eh, they're still good.

http://www.purevolume.com/flatfoot56
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Stephen » Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:20 pm

I could make a joke about Boston but I will be nice. These Chicago boys know how to rock. I saw them at Soulfest last year. One of the best concerts i've ever seen. That, and the Bagpipe player was a hoot to talk to.
Stephen

Postby beau99 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:05 am

Not bad...

But I'll take the real deal, thx.
beau99

Postby Stephen » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:23 am

Why is it, when a band does somthing...everyone acts like they are a replica or somthing?

"I'll take the real deal"

That comment would be about as smart as me saying, geez Beau, you like Evanescence...they are nice...But I will listen to another chick lead rock band and call Ev a ripoff. Get over yourself dude.
Stephen

Postby beau99 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:24 pm

ShatterheartArk wrote:Why is it, when a band does somthing...everyone acts like they are a replica or somthing?

"I'll take the real deal"

That comment would be about as smart as me saying, geez Beau, you like Evanescence...they are nice...But I will listen to another chick lead rock band and call Ev a ripoff. Get over yourself dude.

Calm down...

My comment wasn't meant to be negative.
beau99

Postby Danyasaur » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:16 pm

I saw this thread, and I had to drop in and say. . . Flatfoot56 ROCKS! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who knows about them. And it doesn't matter that they aren't from Boston; I'm Irish and I'm from Louisiana.
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Tommy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:13 pm

ShatterheartArk wrote:That comment would be about as smart as me saying, geez Beau, you like Evanescence...they are nice...But I will listen to another chick lead rock band and call Ev a ripoff. Get over yourself dude.

Ever heard the slower Barlow Girl Songs?
;)

No, Steve.
That Boston joke.
Do tell. :brow:
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Felix » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:04 pm

I love me some Flatfoot56 *grin* I've liked them for a long time, but never got a chance to get one of their CDs until their recent release. It's some good music, and the bagpipe player rocks.
Felix

Postby Zilch » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:40 pm

All I'm gonna say is Flatfoot 56 playing Battle of Bones + Wall of Doom + Ark getting pulled of the pit by a scrawny white guy half his size = yeah, I like Flatfoot. I mean, I liked 'em before that show, but that really cemented it.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Stephen » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:07 am

That little Irish guy was lucky I am not the crazy/man-beating/monster/bonebreaker people often think I am. All I can figure, is he saw my amazing braided goatee. He saw my kilt, and he was like...I am not worthy. I need to touch that great man and maybe his greatness will leap on me. Sadly, all he got was a glare, and a loud "What?!?"

Btw. Shall we wall of death once more Zilch? Perhaps in August? I think so. I should do the William Wallace face paint thing again...
Stephen

Postby Zilch » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:44 am

What's a Flatfoot show without a wall of death? I liked the battering ram idea you had. If you and someone else grabbed me and pointed me at the other side, I would die a happy man.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby Stephen » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:44 am

*laughs*

"Oh Gruuuuuub"
Stephen

Postby Tommy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:20 am

You and Grubthefragger are the ones that did it and I collided into you.
That was amazing guys.

Anyways, i just got an autographed version of their first CD and I can't wait to pop in it.

Either way, it's been a good six months since you guys have planned and never in a million years did I think I would be there for it.

That was an awesome show Flatfoot put on this year and I can't wait to see them again.
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Kuro-Mizu » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:17 pm

Their music isn't my favourite! (a little obnoxious for my tastes... and the bagpipes aren't my favourite instrument) But I would still like to see them in concert... seems like they would have a fun concert! And I really like the song City On a Hill!
CAA does the FACE!
ImageImageImage
Formerly Known As Vernhal
//My Devart\\//My Sheezyart\\
Kuro-Mizu

Postby Wave » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:02 pm

OPG. I LOVE FF56. They have a knew cd out to. KOOOOOL. I saw them Live at C-stone. That was probebly the best show there. And it was packed! WOOT FF56 ROOKs My SOCKs.

wave.
••• ––– •••

You have heard that the law of Moses says "Do not commit adultry." But I say, anyone who even looks at a women with lust in his eys has already committed adultery with her in his heart
Mathew 5:27-29
Wave

Postby Tommy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:31 am

Vernhal wrote:Their music isn't my favourite! (a little obnoxious for my tastes... and the bagpipes aren't my favourite instrument)

BLASPEHMY!

How are they obnoxious?
FKA Tom Dincht

Tommy

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:14 pm

All I gotta say is moshing to Amazing Grace with Flatfoot 56 is incredible. Love em to death
Ichigo_89

Postby David » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:31 am

Ah I went to a Flatfoot concert it was amazing!!!
David

Postby SnoringFrog » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:28 am

Love these guys. Haven't gotten the opportunity to ehar too much of their music, but I really like what little I have heard.
UC Pseudonym wrote:For a while I wasn't sure how to answer this, and then I thought "What would Batman do?" Excuse me while I find a warehouse with a skylight...
[SIZE="7"][color="MediumTurquoise"]Cobalt Figure 8[/color][/SIZE]
DeviantArt || Myspace || Facebook || Greasemonkey Scripts || Stylish Userstyles
SnoringFrog

Return to Jam Session