U2!

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

U2!

Postby Android raptor » Sat Nov 26, 2005 7:06 pm

I don't know if this has been done, so if it has, ya'll know what to do, mods.

Anyway, last week I saw U2 at the Phillips Arena, and it was amazing! Even though I was kinnda' in the nosebleed section, it still rocked! And I think Bono is an amazing person, too. I mean, the quote in my sig is amazing (and very true)! Anyway, comments?
"Our prayer is that we do not become a monster, in order to defeat the monster." -Bono

"When a being suffers, there can be no moral justification for refusing to take that suffering into consideration." -Joaquin Phoenix
Android raptor

Postby PlankEye » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:30 am

I like the old songs. But there is one new weeellll sort of new song i like by U2 "Beautiful day"
PlankEye

Postby beau99 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:58 pm

I'm their biggest fan.
beau99

Postby Hohenheim » Sat May 15, 2010 9:47 pm

I am a huge U2 fan.

My favorite song by them is 'City of Blinding Lights', though others include 'I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For', 'In God's Country', 'Desire', and 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'.

The later work hasn't gotten as much publicity, and that is understandable. I do happen to enjoy their earlier work more than the later stuff, but as a whole they're a great band that tries to be sincere in both their music and in their spiritual journeys, which is not something many rock bands can honestly say. I respect these guys immensely.
[font="Arial Black"]"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness." - excerpt from the novel Brave New World[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Is all this striving after ultimate meaning a massive delusion, a gigantic wish-fulfillment?...Could our symbol-rich world be of interest only to a pitiless nihilist? I do not think so." - Simon Conway Morris[/font]

[font="Century Gothic"]"Faith seeks understanding. I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe in order to understand." - St. Anselm of Canterbury[/font]
Hohenheim

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat May 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Whoa, extreme gravedigging! I think I'll leave this one open, since it's so short and since there's no other U2 thread at the moment. Anyways, carry on!

[SIZE="1"]Also I am sad because this was originally going to be a WELCOME BACK ANDROID RAPTOR post, but now it is not. XD[/SIZE]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Return to Jam Session