Flawless Albums

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Flawless Albums

Postby Kenchii » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:56 am

List the three perfectly recored albums (that are IYO) with every track sounds like a hit.

Papa Roach - Infest
Linkin Park - Hybrid THeory
Korn - Issues
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:51 am

I've got to disagrre with you completly my friend. Although I like two of those cds, none of them are flawless and every track sounds like a hit.

Papa Roach_ Infest. Great cd, but not every track could be a hit.
KoRn_ Issues. Even though KoRn is my favorite band, Issues is certainly not their best cd by any means.
Linkin Park_ Hybrid Theory. I'm not even going to comment.

I personally don't think any cd is flawless. But if I were to say a cd was flawless, were every track could be a hit, I would probably say these cd's.

Tool_Undertow. Well, all but the last track could be a hit. The last track wasn't really a song though.
Rage Against the Machine_ Evil Empire. Every track could have easily been a hit when it was released.
ACDC_Back in Black. It's ACDC. Enough said.

Once again, I am stating that I think no cd is flawless, but I think that these could be.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Kkun » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:35 am

These are three CDs I can listen to all the way through without changing tracks.

Five Iron Frenzy - Electric Boogaloo
mewithoutYou - Catch For Us The Foxes(freaking amazing album)
Blindside - A Thought Crushed My Mind
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Yamato145 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:19 pm

I would say that my 3 votes are
Linkin Park: Hybrid Theory
Linkin Park: Meteora
Papa Roach: uhhhh the second one ... don't remember the name!
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:21 pm

Five Iron Frenzy - The End is Near
Blindside - Silence
Linkin Park - Meteora
Veggie Tales - Veggie Rocks
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Kkun » Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:14 pm

Psycho Ann, you have good musical taste. Between The End Is Near and Silence, you've got a whole lot of awesomeness on your list. Just thought I'd say that.
Kkun

Postby AngelSakura » Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:52 pm

the pillows - GOOD DREAMS
Except for maybe the track called "BAD DREAMS" but that was instrumental, they wouldn't play it on the radio or anything. If they played the pillows on the radio, which would be awesome, I might add.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 6:21 pm

Oh, let's see...

Revolver-The Beatles (VH1 decided it was the best album of all time, so there! :P )
Jesus Freak- DC Talk (well, ok, it does have some not-really-song tracks, but so does Dark Side of the Moon, and THAT still gets played all the time)
Dark Side of the Moon- Pink Floyd ( :sweat: )
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Psycho Ann » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:04 pm

Psycho Ann, you have good musical taste. Between The End Is Near and Silence, you've got a whole lot of awesomeness on your list. Just thought I'd say that.

Wouldn't that make two of us? ;)

Thinking about it, I had really liked Gorillaz's first album as well--even though some of the tracks were... weird. XD
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Kkun » Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:16 pm

[quote="Psycho Ann"]Wouldn't that make two of us? ]

Yes, yes it would. :thumb:

And I dug Clint Eastwood and 19-2000. I haven't heard anything else.

Another flawless album for me that I'm starting to realize is Showbread's "No Sir, Nihilism Is Not Practical". Now, I've listened to this CD since I got it probably every day but it had a couple of songs that I'd skip("The Missing Wife" and "If You Like Me Check Yes, If Not I'll Die") and then a couple that I just realized were awesome ("The Dissonance of Discontent" and "And the Smokers and the Children Shall Be Cast Down"). It's like even the tracks that I used to skip are starting to grow on me.
Kkun

Postby inkjet1987 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:42 pm

aku_soku_zan wrote:Another flawless album for me that I'm starting to realize is Showbread's "No Sir, Nihilism Is Not Practical". Now, I've listened to this CD since I got it probably every day but it had a couple of songs that I'd skip("The Missing Wife" and "If You Like Me Check Yes, If Not I'll Die") and then a couple that I just realized were awesome ("The Dissonance of Discontent" and "And the Smokers and the Children Shall Be Cast Down"). It's like even the tracks that I used to skip are starting to grow on me.

I'd definatle put this under the category of flawless album, it truly is an awsome CD. I listen to it all the way through every time cause it's so good. When I heard Reese Roper on a couple of the songs it thought, "This couldn't get any better." So yes, great CD.

P.S. And the Smokers is my favorite song.
inkjet1987

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:55 am

Thinking about it, I had really liked Gorillaz's first album as well--even though some of the tracks were... weird. XD

I really like the first half for the album ("Re-Hash" and "Tomorrow Comes Today" especially), but the second half just seems like filler to me. Too bad.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Kkun » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:09 pm

inkjet1987 wrote:I'd definatle put this under the category of flawless album, it truly is an awsome CD. I listen to it all the way through every time cause it's so good. When I heard Reese Roper on a couple of the songs it thought, "This couldn't get any better." So yes, great CD.

P.S. And the Smokers is my favorite song.

Reese guesting on the album was sweet, sweet icing.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:37 pm

Colds 2nd major cd Year of the Spider. It was so much better then there other cds it was amazing. Nearly any song could be a hit. It is one of the only cds I can think of....(and no im not a blind Cold fan...there first major cd 13 ways to bleed on stage was a mix of ok stuff and good stuff) I suppose Rammsteins new cd Reise Reise seems like hit worthy...however, the A typical American rock fan could care less....

Whiney teen voice>Its not in English? THIS SUX0RS!!!1111

I told Lightbringer today while we were going to play some basketball....Rammstein is so unique....nobody sounds like them. Anywho...Reise Reise and Year of the Spider...two nearly flawless cds.
Stephen

Postby Zane » Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:27 am

Blitzkriegs right.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.
and I think
Daft Punk - Discovery is also pretty good.
Coldplay - Parachutes.

(Offside- Kenichii, didn't you just have a 'I hate linkin park' banner like a week ago and have a huge spiel about it like a week ago? and now you're all this their best album? And Pumkin, :) alot of ppls music taste in this thread would shock you to horror. )
Zane

Postby Technomancer » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:01 am

My own picks are probably further afield than most:

Loreena McKennit- The Mask and The Mirror
Cecilia Bartoli- The Salieri Album
Various (Putumayo)- Gypsy Caravan

Hedningarna's 'Karelia Visa' is also top-notch.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:57 pm

Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon
The Doors- L.A. Woman
The Beatles- The White Album
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:40 am

Shatterheart wrote:Colds 2nd major cd Year of the Spider. It was so much better then there other cds it was amazing. Nearly any song could be a hit. It is one of the only cds I can think of....(and no im not a blind Cold fan...there first major cd 13 ways to bleed on stage was a mix of ok stuff and good stuff) I suppose Rammsteins new cd Reise Reise seems like hit worthy...however, the A typical American rock fan could care less....

Whiney teen voice>Its not in English? THIS SUX0RS!!!1111

I told Lightbringer today while we were going to play some basketball....Rammstein is so unique....nobody sounds like them. Anywho...Reise Reise and Year of the Spider...two nearly flawless cds.

Year of the spider was awesome. And Rammesein is awesome. PERIOD. I got the cd with Du Hass on it. Can't remember what it's called though. I want to get Reise Reise but I can't find it anywhere.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Stephen » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:33 am

Ah Ha! Someone else who appreciates Rammsteins greatness. I got my copy of Reise Reise at horrible old walmart and it was the last copy they had...yet again Rammstein gets treated crappy..I bet most stores bought very few copies...gotta have plenty of The Strokes or whatever...Anyway I am betting a mall would have it. FYE or a place like that. Du Hast was on Sehnsucht. I managed to hunt down all of Rammsteins cds. And of all of them...I would recomend Reise Reise the most. Really good cd.
Stephen

Postby Ashley » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:53 pm

What? No one has mentioned Michael W. Smith's Live the Life yet? Oh look, I guess I just did. ^^ Seriously, this is my favorite album of his and one of the best ones ever in my opinion. Simply flawless.
Ashley

Postby Shinja » Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:01 am

the joshua tree- U2
Rubber soul- The Beatles
aqualung- jethro tull
take me to your leader-newsboys
darkside of the moon-pink floyd
Small town poets-STP
Relient K- Relient k
Shot of love- Bob dylan
thrid day- third day
Supernatural- DC talk
Some kind of zombie- audio adrenalin
open all night- big tent revival
the light of things hoped for- brave saint saturn

im sure there are more but right now thats all i got
;)
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby That Dude » Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:49 am

Dead Poetic - Four Wall Blackmail
Dead Poetic - New Medicines (this is hard to admit but it is even better than FWB)
Project 86 - Songs To Burn Bridges By (their best one yet)
MxPx - Let It Happen (an essential if your a punk fan)
MxPx - Slowly Going The Way Of The Buffalo (also an essential)
Staple - Staple
Norma Jean - Bless The Martyr,Kiss The Child (one of the best hardcore CD's ever)
Beloved - Failure On
Skillet - Collide
Relient K - MMHMM
Mortal - Nu-En-Jin (very awesome)
Stavesacre - Speakeasy (one of the best rock albums ever)
Embodyment - Hold Your Breath
Starflyer 59 - Leave Here A Stranger
Blindside - Blindside
Blindside - Silence
Apt Core - Rythms Of Remembrence
Andy Hunter - Exedus
Trust Company - Stuck In The Lonely Position Of Neutral
Living Sacrifice - Conceived in Fire
Both Demon Hunter CD's

And that is about it. Not all are my favorites (though I really like all of them.) But the albums are all done great. There is almost no filler songs on any of them. New Medicines is probably the best out of all of them though. But they are all awesome. And as far as punk wise I'd say Let It Happen is one of the best punk CD's ever made.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to Jam Session