The SWITCHFOOT thread

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

The SWITCHFOOT thread

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:07 pm

Okay, I am insanely obsessed with switchfoot... anyone else out their a fan of them? My favorite songs by them are "Only Hope", "Chem6a", "The Loser", and "The Beautiful Letdown". Fun stuff. ^^
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby ZiP » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:54 pm

I too enjoy Switchfoot's music,
I have to say I like "I dare you to move" and "Meant to live" most, bu they have others a like, I just can't recall them.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Mr. Rogers » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:57 pm

i love switchfoot! the loser, dare you to move, love is a movement!!! *pops in switchfoot cd*
Mr. Rogers

Postby CobaltAngel » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:04 pm

Oooh! I love those songs~! Love is a Movement is lovely... and the original recoring of Dare You to Move is awesome! :3 And I love the guitars in Meant to Live.

Oooh... and here's a switchfoot concert for all of you X3:

Today I went on a walk with my family and we stopped by the library to rent a movie to watch tonight. The one we picked was "A Walk to Remember" with Mandy Moore (even though I strongly dislike her) because we'de read it featured Switchfoot songs. On the way back to our house I was looking at the back of the video and noticed it said "Only Hope" was by Mandy Moore. But Jon Foreman wrote it!! I mentioned this unjustice to my dad and he said its probably just meant that she was the one that sung it on the video. I replied, "But it's misleading!"
He then said, "Welcome to the real world... welcome to the... *breaks into song* plaaaanet..."
And then we all started singing Dare You to More... it was very random. u.u

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby sunet » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:30 pm

switchfoot's great!! ^_^
sunet

Postby Kkun » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:03 pm

I dig Switchfoot. The Legend of Chin is my favorite album of theirs by far. They were great when I saw them live this year.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Locke » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:48 pm

yeah and now that all three of their old albums are available ^_^ its sweet to be a fan

oh yeah they are goin to be playin at my church real soon xD
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:09 pm

They were good until my brothers played the cds endlessly. Now I'm sick to death of Switchfoot.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby SManBeyond » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:37 am

Aww, I'm sorry, Warrior 4 Jesus. My little brother does the same thing...

I am a BIG fan of Switchfoot. I think they're actually doing something different in the field of Christian music in terms of their style and lyrics. I also like the fact that they keep their testimony even though they are popular in the secular realm as well.

Favorite songs: Chem 6A, Company Car, New Way to be Human, Dare You to Move, Ammunition, Gone, Adding to the Noise, and (of course) Meant to Live.
"Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all." G. K. Chesterton

Founder of S.T.R.A.W.B.E.R.R.Y. R.H.U.B.A.R.B. P.I.E.

[url=smanbeyond.blogspot.com]My Blog[/url]
SManBeyond

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:38 pm

I like thier singles, but they got played to death. I was going to buy the Beuatiful letdown, but my brother did and it just sucked. I'm not saying this to rain on ya'lls parade, but I can't stand them.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby CobaltAngel » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:16 am

What's everyone's favortie Switchfoot CD? ^^ /

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby Ssjjvash » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:28 am

Switchfoot is awesome! I like, New Way to be Human, Meant to Live, Dare You to Move, and Gone.

I haven't heard all their stuff though.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby CobaltAngel » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:34 am

This is kinda OT but your name is rockin! I was watching Trigun today and I was like "Green eyes... blonde hair that sticks straigth up... I know his secret!!!"

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby PrincessZelda » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:37 am

I like Switchfoot! :P
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Mave » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:11 pm

Heh I don't know whether I'm a full-fledged Switchfoot fan but I definitely love love love their Beautiful LetDown album. >3
Mave

Postby The_Marauding_Maniac » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:20 pm

I usuallly HATE bands that are o'er played, but my sister o'er plays it, and I stilll LOVE it
Luke was here.
There are 10 types of people in the world, people who can read bianary, and people who can't.
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII XXVIII XXIX XXX XXXI XXXII....
TTA: [B]T
he TTA Acronym
[/b]
The_Marauding_Maniac

Postby oro! » Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:36 pm

I love the songs that come on the radio and are on JCTV. I just haven't got a CD yet. Maybe Christmas.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Kisa » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:12 am

WOOT! they came to my school last year and did a free concert! ^_^ i LOVE their stuff!
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby c.t.,girl » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:31 am

gasp!! i just noticed i haven't posted here!!! i love switchfoot!!! they are great!!!! i don't have a fav cd or song; i love them all!!!
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby blkmage » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:11 pm

I liked them, until I heard "Meant to Live" and "Dare You to Move" 7581659321541580943175842165789564 times.

On my Short Term Missions trip to Nashville, right after we arrived and were driving from the airport (I'm from Canada):
<Meant to Live starts playing on the radio in the car>
Leaders: "Hey, you guys like Switchfoot?"
Us: "Yeah."
Leaders: "Good, because they play this song like once every hour."
blkmage

Postby CreatureArt » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:25 pm

*Laughs at blkmage's quote*

My favourite songs are Amy's Song, Chem6A, Concrete Girl, Meant to Live and On Fire.

I listened to the CD song and figured out how to play 'On Fire' on the keyboard/Piano (both Melody on the right hand and harmony/chords in the left hand). If anybody's interested, I can share :grin: Obviously it's not perfect but it's a pretty good representation.. though I think I need to put it up a key... :)

Switchfoot and Lifehouse are the bands that originally got me into Christian music :) .

I wish they'd come to NZ some time (they came once, I've been told, but before I knew about them) so that I could see them live. You lucky Americans ;) .
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby CobaltAngel » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:28 pm

blkmage, rotfl. I think I DO over play them... ahahaha... :sweat: But I lvoe them to pieces! I can't help myself because their just so awesome!

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Return to Jam Session