what's your favorite movie/show score?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

what's your favorite movie/show score?

Postby Crossdive » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:54 pm

the orchistration from a show or movie in other words. my favorite is probably Spider-Man 2 by Danny Elfman, heck, about all the superhero scores that come to mind, all of the Lord of the Rings scores (Howard Shore), and that's about what I can think of for movies...
Cartoon/show related, i'd say most superhero shows (such as X-Men Evolution), that's about all that SPRINGS to mind... oh yeah, and Trigun, that was cool too... :D post your's in this thread.
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby oro! » Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:57 am

I think maybe The Gladiator, LOTR, Rurouni Kenshin, and Crouching Tige Hidden Dragon.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Jeikobu » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:45 pm

Man, hard to choose one or even a few... ^^;

Movies
Pokemon 4-6 (can't wait to hear the scores from the first 3)
Batman 1 & 2
The Last Samurai
LOTR Trilogy
Jurassic Park
Spider-Man 1 & 2
Star Wars IV, V and VI

Shows
Pocket Monsters
Ai Yori Aoshi
Samurai X
Rurouni Kenshin
Trigun
"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders; and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." - Isaiah 9:6

[SIZE="3"]Please give and help Japan during this awful time![/SIZE]

Please visit my Photobucket and tell me what you think!
Jeikobu

Postby Crossdive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:25 pm

yeah, cool choices all. Gladiator... a movie I have never really seen, but heard was good, maybe I should see it... I agree with alot of what you guys said, but as for Jurassic Park 1 and 2, I know John Williams is a great composer, I just need to hear more of the CDs...
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby sunet » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:41 pm

Lotr & Potc
sunet

Postby Crossdive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:53 pm

is POTC the Passion of the Christ? that did have a very good score, I just had some problems with the movie not following Scripture totally...
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Postby sunet » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:56 pm

uh, pirates of the caribbean. i've never seen passion of the christ. my parents won't let me.... they say it's too violent.
sunet

Postby jazz » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 pm

off the top of my head... LOTR, braveheart, troy, the last samurai, .... um.... oh! star trek VI. how could i forget that. yeah, and i agree that the music from the Passion was good, though i haven't decided what i think of the actual movie yet. ;)
jazz

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:35 pm

Anything by Danny Elfman, and LOTR's score. Most other movies are rip-offs from composers off the past. Such as everything John Williams does. Star Wars and Indiana Jones were ripped-off from Gustav Holst's The Planets and Brahms 5th symphony. Most movie music is so predictable and stereotypical. When the two lovers are about to kiss you hear the high strings of the violin being played, and when the bad guy comes in you hear a minor key, etc.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Crossdive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:40 pm

oh... ok, well, I was BAWLING at the Crucifixtion scene, but they inserted ALOT of stuff scripture doesn't say. So unless you are Catholic or don't mind, than you should not expect alot, but I do think that it is still very important to see it because it really gives an accurate potrayal of his suffering for us and when you get a visual, it really kinda gets you focused and thinking, "if he died for me, and suffered for me, why should I be undermining that by doing -insert sin here-". I do advise STRONG caution on age and how much you can handle. It gets bloody and painful, I had trouble watching it, because I didn't want to see all of it, it got so horrible, but don't let anyone under 14 in most cases see it, my sister and I are alot more "mature" (or so I'm told) then our ages, so... I am expecting to right a review of the movie soon, and because my forum has a movie critic section, I will post it there. Feel free to drop by, I am guessing I will have it ready by the end of the day. Then you can get the full picture of what I think on the film. ;)
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Postby sunet » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:49 pm

I am expecting to right a review of the movie soon, and because my forum has a movie critic section, I will post it there. Feel free to drop by, I am guessing I will have it ready by the end of the day. Then you can get the full picture of what I think on the film.

cool. ^_^
sunet

Postby Crossdive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:55 pm

yeah, I have been lazy about reviews lately, but I have a document on my MAC called movie ratings, and I right down every movie i can think of, i've EVER seen, keep it frequently updated, and I do stars rating from 1 to 5, put down year of release, mpaa rating, and my personal review on it. I hope to you guys read it and most of all get some useful help/info from it. :)
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Postby plutogrl03 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:22 pm

My favorite music score is the soundtrack for Sakura Wars: The Movie. I try to sing along to the two songs with lyrics but it's hard since almost all the characters are sopranos. I have a decent range, but I'm an alto. Oh well...
plutogrl03

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:13 pm

I really liked the scores to Metropolis, Princess Mononoke, and Spirited Away... Oh, and Star Wars
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Return to Jam Session