Any [LP] Fans Here?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Any [LP] Fans Here?

Postby Ichigo_89 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:35 am

Who here likes Linkin Park? I think they're AWESOME! Even if the animation pretty much sucked on that "breaking the habit" video.
Ichigo_89

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:15 am

One, wrong board for music talk....we have an entire area of CAA dedicated for music discussion...and two...if you had any clue how much work it takes to do stuff like the breaking the habbit video...you would not say that.
Stephen

Postby Kkun » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:22 pm

The Breaking the Habit video was really cool, though. I'd watch a cartoon with animation like that. It was all....artsy and stuff. Overall, I like Linkin Park, but now that I've grown out of my brooding teenage angst phase, I don't listen to them much anymore..
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:30 pm

I like LP, Hybrid Theory more than Meteora. I haven't seen the Breaking the Habit video :\
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:16 pm

I hate linkin Park with a bloody, fiery passion. There lyrics are just whiny, generic, monotonous, vauge, teenage angst. If I wanted to hear some person scream on and on about how he wants to feel differently from the vague things that plauge him, while he sounds like he's been sucking on an ashtray, I would hire a hobo to sing for me. The band thinks they are so good, but they are absoulutely untalented in comparison to, pretty much everything but rap, pop, and pop'punk. The DJ makes up for every lack of talent the band possesses, and there are a lot of them. So the DJ is the only talent in the band. They suck in concert, I know from painful experience, and I mean they suck. Even die hard fans there said it was horrible. If you like Linkin Park cause they have cool music videos, you should not have an opinion in this music section.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Stephen » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:47 pm

And yet again...you show immaturity in not allowing others to enjoy things you do not. Let me make a point...you call LP whiny? How bout the band whos name adorns your name. Korn. Big single Got the Life.
"God hates me"

Now...what was whiney again? Don't get me wrong...I happen to love both the bands in question...but do try to be a bit more understanding of others taste.
Stephen

Postby Jasdero » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:44 pm

Yay for Linkin Park!! ^^
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 5:50 am

Yes, Korn can be whiny, but they aren't vauge and monotonous. They also sound good when they sing. I now am starting to get out of almost all mainstream music, and into bands with lots of talent, such as King Crimson, Morty Montgomery, Yes, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, a lot of Jazz and blues and Big Band, and a lot of classic rock. I want the times when bands were actually talented, and the bands that sucked didn't get famous. I want the times before DJ's were around to replace miscomings in talent, like hitting the right notes, or conveying emotion.
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Stephen » Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:12 am

Eh....Hendrix and Floyd with both ulta mainstream...don't confuse classic rock with indy rock. In there day they were just as much mainstream rock as Linkin Park or Korn...or Papa Roach....you get my point. The funny thing is...Hendrix was one of the greatest guitarists ever...nobody would argue that...but his singing? Have you ever heard him before? You would list him over Chester of LP? At least Chester read somewhere what melody was....Jimmy could not carry a tune in a suitcase.... Anyway....I hope at some point you grow able to be tolerate of others music taste...otherwise....your gonna be stuck hooting about bands that 30 years ago....people like you were calling monotonous and vauge......
Stephen

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:39 am

You say Chester has melody??? He sounds like he's been breathing through an exhaust pipe. I know Hendix and Floyd were mainstream in there time, but they are still awesomely good. As with some mainstream bands from the nineties, like Rage Against The Machine. I have always hated the rapping in Rage, but the band was incredible. And some mainstream bands now, like chevelle. Pete is an awesome singer, and extremely talented by the fact that he can play awesome riffs and stuff on his guitar while he's singing. I didn't say I hated all mainstream bands, just most fo them. I just hate it when people think that mainstream bands areawesome and great when the bands are completely untalented and cannot play anything other than the same three chords in every song.

These views of mine may seem a little extreme, but I listen to everything as a musician. Most people here are not musicians, and can find it hard to see my views. I don't listen to anything without first analyzing the musical quality of it, such as the difficulty to play, the actual notes, what the songs about, and so on.
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Kkun » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:03 pm

Chester can too sing. O_o What band are you listening to? And true, Linkin Park isn't complex music as far as playability...but they certainly aren't bad, just simple.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:04 pm

I won't bother arguing with you anymore Pumpkinkorn...I see your a pompous musician. I have dealt with people like that before. "Your opinions not as good as mine cause I play music!" Guess what, we both have ears. And despite anything you say, record sales are what makes bands or breaks bands. But anyway, I am done trying to reason with you...you really could give a crap what anyone thinks...and its that stubborn nature that will only drive people away. Cheers.
Stephen

Postby Yamato145 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:06 pm

yeah ... uhhh linkin park is my 2nd favorite music group ... so there ...
farewell!!!
HAIL ILLPALLAZZO!!!
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby redkorn » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:58 pm

yeah linkin park is cool, i liked their 1st cd, but I didnt like their 2nd cd cause it was mainly rap, 3rd cd i thought was the best!
redkorn

Postby Spencer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:13 pm

Hee hee, I like the Jam Session board. It's my new home. :)

Linkin Park is pretty cool. They aren't awful. There are definately worse bands out there. Granted, I usually only listen to them when I'm mad or frustrated, but still. They're cool. I liked Hybrid Theory a whole bunch, Reanimation not so much, and Meteora had a couple of good ones.
:)
Spencer

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:34 am

If you like whiny, teenage angst lyrics about how you have to "Feel", accompanied by crappy rapping, below standard guitar riffs, and a drummer who can't play without the DJ backing him up, go for Linkin Park.
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Raiden no Kishi » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:24 am

Look. You've made your point. Rather rudely, I might add. I'm going to kindly ask you to state your opinions kindly or not at all. Fair enough?

Rai

P.S. I love Linkin Park.
[raiden's liveJournal]

[color="Indigo"]"I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you . . . stranger."[/color]

Strollin' in at dawn, wakin' up at noon's gonna catch up to me soon
'Just sleep when you're dead' is what I said 'cause I'm jumpin' off the moon
Raiden no Kishi

Location: Ticking away/The hours that make up the dull day . . .

Postby Psycho Ann » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:38 am

For someone who critizes whining so much, you whine just as much PumpkinkoRn. Maybe even more, seeing how many posts whining about the whiners you made in 2 pages. We all know you hate LP (considering how much you harped on this ever since you joined), no need to bash it over our heads and insult the fans. Now may you kindly leave this thread in peace? At least save a bit of dignity by being reasonable and understand that in good forum etiquette your first post in this thread shouldn't be there in the first place.

That aside, yeah, I like Linkin Park. I personally think their glory days were back when Hybrid Theory came out, but I had enjoyed Meteroa immensely. It's a combination between me liking the whole sound and theme of Meteroa and that Joseph and Mike (if I remember correctly, it's been a while) have experience in the art field. Did I mention I love hoarse screaming vocals like Chester's? One of the reasons I love Christian of Blindside so much as well XD

The 'BtH' anime video is good, but I personally expected something more in the DVD XD And about the amount of angst in their music (minus swearing, which is good) I don't hold it to them. Chester had a REALLY crappy childhood (sexually abused and hooked on cocaine) and it shows in his music where artists tend to let out their frustrations.
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:51 pm

Ok then, the viewers have spoken. I will finnally leave this thread never to post on it again. Are you happy now?!? Of course you are. You no longer will be bothered with my rantings on how much I hate this band, which I really, really hate. You can listen to your crappy band and discuss it without me bothering you. Enjoy!

(Note: This does not stop me from hating Linkin Park. It merely stops me from hating them in this thread.)
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Stephen » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:08 pm

That post totaly crapped on the entire point. Please....be mature Pumpkinkorn...we know you hate LP. If you post again like this I will edit your post. Someday...realise that not everyone likes the same music. Either that...or don't post on music threads were your only going to start fights.
Stephen

Return to Jam Session