Bands that USED to be good.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Bands that USED to be good.

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:45 am

There are a lot of these bands that release one awesome cd then go absolutely horrible. One of these such bands is Hoobastank. There first cd was awesome, and there new cd is horrid. How could they ever create that song, "The Reason?" How? Another band is AFI. They used to be good but they sold out. Same with Good Charlotte's first cd. It was alright, and there second cd was disgusting. How can bands go so horribly bad? If you know any more bands like that, post them here.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Staci » Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:56 am

*cough* I thoroughly enjoyed Hoobastank's song "The Reason". It's thoughtful, heartfelt, and it has an excellent beat with cords that blend well. It shows the band has matured from being angst-ridden to people who have learned, lived, and loved. Therefore, it's a welcome change (maturity, that is).

It's all about opinions. If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to listen to it so either change the track or the station. :thumb: You'll be good from then on.

I find it refreshing that musicians can show more than one side -- e.g. tender caring love as opposed to whining about how their dog ate their homework. ;)
Staci

Postby Kkun » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:52 am

What I didn't like about the album, The Reason wasn't the title track but it was the song Same Direction. The moral relativism in that song made me want to stab myself with a fork. The rest of the CD is very good, though. Have you heard Out Of Control, PumpkinKorn? It's a lot like some of the faster songs on their first CD. I don't think Hoobastank has gotten bad at all. I just didn't like Same Direction.

As for bands that used to be good, I'd have to cast my vote for P.O.D. Their first three or so CDs all rocked(Snuff The Punk, Brown, Fundamental Elements of Southtown), and then around Satellite, it kind of went downhill for me. Sonny needs to go back to rapping/screaming instead of trying to sing......
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Rachel » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:28 pm

I actually really like Hoobastank's song "The Reason." I also really like Good Charlotte and AFI, but that is just my opinion.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Nate » Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:37 pm

Actually, to be perfectly honest, I loved "The Leaving Song, Part II." But I don't really remember any other tracks on Sing the Sorrow, so I can't speak for the rest of it.

Another band that went downhill quickly is Metallica. Their first stuff, especially the black album was good (my favorite), but man, Saint Anger was HORRENDOUS.

By the way, I hate the song "The Reason" too.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:25 pm

Green Day. Dookie was their last good album, which is a shame because it was only their second. After that, they just went for that irritating pop-punk style. Although I hear they're coming out with a new one, "American Idiot." I hope it's good.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Stephen » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:57 pm

Korn.
Stephen

Postby Twilly Spree » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:20 pm

I've heard American Idiot was good.

Hmm....Dave Matthews Band and MxPx
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:21 pm

P.O.D. has defanitely gone down. Metallica has gown down, but there still good. They just crossed over into Nu-Metal. Grenn day has gone down, but their new cd is good. I hate the Reason because it is just a generic one chord song about a generic love topic. The band's other songs are good, but that one is horrible. I would also say linkin park has gone down, but they were never good to start with. And finally, I am forced to say, KoRn has gone down too. They were so good once. I still like their stuff, it's just not as good.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Mave » Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:01 am

hmm....I used to like DC Talk but didn't really like their latest albums. My fav. album is still Jesus Freak.
Mave

Postby Kenchii » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:23 am

Aside from responding to "The Reason" (Which looks like this thread is turning out to be...) I have to say Korn as well (as Shatterheart). Besides that, Papa Roach.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Return to Jam Session