Jrock - punk? girls? non-visual kei?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Jrock - punk? girls? non-visual kei?

Postby DrNic » Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:07 pm

Yeah, you guessed it. Time to help lil' Drnic out with his music troubles.

Ok, the question this time is: I always like to find new music to listen to and lately I've been getting into rock bands with female musicians (E.g Distillers, Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Horror Pops). I've been searching the net for Jrock to listen to but lately I've come to find that there is a lack of good, fast music associated with female artists (just fast music associated with men that look like female artists). Can anyone recommend any good Jrock bands with female musicians/vocalists in them? (not Bleach though, I already listen to them)

Also, seeing as visual kei seems to be the favourite Jrock style I'm finding hard to find non-visual kei bands. Any good Jrock bands that aren't visual kei? (preferably punk or rock)

Thanx again fer any help guys :thumb:
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby panegryst » Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:15 pm

you gotta try out Melocure. not really rock, but it's great stuff nonetheless. they did two songs for Vampire Princess Valkyrie, and another for Stratos 4. their first CD, 'Melodic Hard Cure', just came out a while ago. I would buy it if I could stomach paying all that money for import CDs... maybe I'll just get it from iTunes. but I digress. Melocure is "good, fast music associated with female artists", so check it out.
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby DrNic » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:18 am

kool. Thx dude!!

Anymore?
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby EvilSporkofDoom » Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:01 pm

Try Inugami Circus-dan.. they're visual kei-ish with a female vocalist. Their music is kinda creepy but pretty interesting.
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
-Hebrews 11:6

EvilSporkofDoom

Return to Jam Session