THe Strokes

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

THe Strokes

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:04 pm

Any Strokes fans out there?? Ever since i got my xanga and looked at there pictures and listened to more of there songs, i have fallen madly in love with them... and i havnt done that to a band since the Backstreet boys were popular! :O so this is kind of like.. my obsession now..:wow!: Ilove there garage sound.. they sound different then any other bands...(im talking about linkin park, lostprohpets, godsmack, red hot chili peppers, etc) there music is plan and simple and that is so cool. so if you like the strokes, tell me what you think about them,..

http://www.thestrokes.com

or to listen to them ... http://cdzlimited.org/rock/S_Z/strokes.html
Dominique

Revelation 22:12- Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

Paper cranes are my friend... so is pastel stars

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Postby fayefaye » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:50 pm

I like the strokes too!!My brother likes them and has just about all their cds.Julian casablancas is a cutie.I really like that song that goes "i wanna be forgotten..."I can't remember the title right now.I usually don't really like garage music but I like that group. :rock:
fayefaye

Postby Zedian » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:27 pm

I like the Strokes...although I like their first album a lot better than "Room on Fire", I still find them cool every now and then to play. But I guess I've been so caught up in Franz Ferdinand and that darn catchy single "Take me Out" they have floating around out there.
Zedian

Postby fayefaye » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:25 am

I love that franz ferdinand song!!! I know I'm off the subject. :P
fayefaye

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:45 pm

yeah, the 1st album is sooo much better.. (even though i dont have the cd) but... i have heard some songs like.. When it Started and Hard to Explain... but room on fire is as good... and i cant wait till ther 3rd album and Fab is getting married!! :(:(:(:(
Dominique

Revelation 22:12- Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Postby fayefaye » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:38 pm

Is he getting married to drew barrymore?Did julian just get married to?
fayefaye

Postby ally-san » Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:06 pm

i love the strokes! his voice is so cool. did u really like the backstreet boys? the strokes and them dont mix. neway cool cool keep rockin out to ur new obsession THE STROKES!!! :rock:
"The only consolation I find in your immediate presence is your ultimate absence."

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Lord I give you my heart
I give you my soul
I live for you alone
Every breathe that I take
Every moment I'm awake
Lord have your way in me..
ally-san

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:06 am

lol i know the backstreet boys and the strokes dont mix.. im just saying that i have never had an obsession with this band ever since i liked backstreet boys back then...
Dominique

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Return to Jam Session