Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Yamato145 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:38 pm

Knives wrote:S.O.A.D. eh? They have got some pretty weirdly cool stuff. The way they sing is soo...ummn odd. The song Hypnotize is a good song, that is the only one I have heard from that album. How is the content morally? It is explicit, isn't it?

Not as bad as Mezmerize, but I mean it does have it's parts.
The worst song on the album I would say is "shes like heroin"
which contains the line
"I need someone to sell some [insert A word here] for heroin"
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby Kkun » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:59 am

Favorite Metal Band: Since this thread seems limited not to strictly "metal", I will say that my favorite hard band is Showbread.

Favorite type of metal: Thrash/death/speed metal/anything with wicked guitar work. However, since I'm not much of metal fan, my favorite kind of headbanging music is hardcore punk. This means Showbread, The Blood Brothers, Blindside, Refused, etc.

Favorite metal album: Not strictly metal, but a brutal listening experience is either "Life, Kisses, and Other Wasted Efforts" by Showbread, or "March On, Electric Children" by The Blood Brothers.

Top 3 favorite metal songs of all time: "A Monument Encased In Ash" by The Showdown, "Cecilia and the Silhouette Saloon" by The Blood Brothers, and "Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste" by Norma Jean.

Favorite music website: HM Magazine (http://www.hmmagazine.com)
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Steeltemplar » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:56 am

Alright, I have a Q for everyone. What are your favorite *classic* metal bands? In other words pre-1980.

For me, I'd have to list:

Judas Priest
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Thin Lizzy
Van Halen
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:29 pm

the only sorta classic metal i can think of is Torniquet
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:53 pm

My favorite metal band is Pavor.

My three favorite metal songs are "Inconsistent ClayBlood Totemist" by Pavor, "Lost to Apathy" by Dark Tranquillity, and "Torn Into Enthrallment" by Suffocation.

My favorite style of metal is technical death metal. I enjoy all styles of metal except nu-metal, hair metal, and most metalcore.
Eric

Postby Arnobius » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:10 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:Alright, I have a Q for everyone. What are your favorite *classic* metal bands? In other words pre-1980.

Judas Priest
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Thin Lizzy
Van Halen

Say pre-1984 and I'll go with it because we have some formative bands in the earliest 80's too.

Sabbath of course, Rush, the Blue Öyster Cult would be my favorite pre 1980 bands. However, I think Accept and Yngwie J Malmsteen do play a role in the formation of power metal of today
Arnobius

Postby Arnobius » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:13 pm

That Dude wrote:I've never heard of them...I'm ordering a Japanese metal CD though...Vulger by Dir En Grey...I hope it's good.

I got Macabre by them at a Japanese store... it's OK. It is metal in style, but I think the Japanese have a ways to go in learning heavy metal
Arnobius

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:14 pm

Malmsteen is awesome! You should check out Necrophagist. They are like the Yngwie Malmsteen of technical death metal. lol
Eric

Postby Steeltemplar » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:05 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Say pre-1984 and I'll go with it because we have some formative bands in the earliest 80's too.

Sabbath of course, Rush, the Blue Öyster Cult would be my favorite pre 1980 bands. However, I think Accept and Yngwie J Malmsteen do play a role in the formation of power metal of today

All good bands.

Yeah, I can see where Malmsteen influenced power metal. Though not quite as much, I think, as artists like Iron Maiden, Saxon, and Judas Priest.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:19 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:All good bands.

Yeah, I can see where Malmsteen influenced power metal. Though not quite as much, I think, as artists like Iron Maiden, Saxon, and Judas Priest.

Hmm, I didn't realize Maiden and Saxon started in the 70's. Of course Maiden didn't actually get an album out until 1980, so there is that to consider
Arnobius

Postby xCAFx » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:10 pm

Did anyone hear about BTAs guitarist leaving?
From Wisemen Promotions:

Guitarist leaves Becoming the Archetype
January 8, 2006

"Guitarist Jon Star will be parting ways with BTA to pursue his career in recording and life at home with his new wife. He will, however, be playing shows with us around the southeast during the spring. So make sure to come out and tell him how much you appreciate him. Jon has been a part of the group for nearly 6 years now and we are sad to see him go. Nevertheless, we are pleased to announce that his shoes will be filled by Alex Kenis of Aletheian. Alex brings a lot to the table and his addition to the group will take BTA above and beyond anywhere we have been to date. We will begin writing for the new album this spring. Expect the new material to be more metal, more progressive, and more mature all around. You can also anticipate the second installment from BTA to feature clean singing vocals amongst all of the grinding brutality that you have come to expect from the band. Be on the lookout for the new record sometime late in ’06! We are also working on big plans for touring this year. So save this website in your favorites and check back regularly for updates on new songs, new merch, new tours, and more from Becoming the Archetype in the New Year! ::It is important to note that Alex is not leaving Aletheian. They too will be writing for a new record and have touring plans for ’06. Visit their site http://www.aletheian.com for more info:: '

Courtesy of Becomingthearchetype.com

Kinda sad i guess, but thats awesome that they are starting stuff for a new record. And by the way Aletheian is an amazingly awesome Progressive Death Metal band(like Opeth I guess).
xCAFx

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:01 pm

Aletheian is much more similar to Death and Cynic.
Eric

Postby Hitokiri » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:01 pm

I heard that.

I made a thread about this on the Demon Hunter forums that I mod at but I have decided to take a break from metal for a undisclosed amount of time. I have gon 3 weeks of it already and I am opening up more to different musical genres. Metal was getting really bland for me. I was getting bored off it and not appreciating it but I love metal and I didn't want it to go by the wayside.

I must admit that this has been a great experience thus far.
Hitokiri

Postby inkjet1987 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:13 pm

Hitokiri wrote:I heard that.

I made a thread about this on the Demon Hunter forums that I mod at but I have decided to take a break from metal for a undisclosed amount of time. I have gon 3 weeks of it already and I am opening up more to different musical genres. Metal was getting really bland for me. I was getting bored off it and not appreciating it but I love metal and I didn't want it to go by the wayside.

I must admit that this has been a great experience thus far.

The same thing happens to me sometimes. I really started listening to bands that were far from anything resembling any sort of metal. Bands like Veda, Explosions in the Sky, Dredg, and Sigur Ros are just a few that I discovered. It's nice to take a break from it every once in awhile.
inkjet1987

Postby Eric » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:55 pm

I don't need to take breaks from metal to discover new bands. I find new ones all the time. :dizzy:
Eric

Postby That Dude » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:51 pm

I like metal but I always try listen to a veriety of styles to keep one particular one from getting boring. Gotta do something like listen to Norma Jean, then MxPx then maybe Andy Hunter and finally something like Saviour Machine. It's always good to have a nice mix.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Knives » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:33 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:Alright, I have a Q for everyone. What are your favorite *classic* metal bands? In other words pre-1980.

Judas Priest
Deep Purple
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Thin Lizzy
Van Halen

I dont know of that many bands pre 1980s...:(.
Here is my list (pretty much a copy off of steeltemplars)
AC/DC
Led Zeppelin
Van Halen
Yah, thats it...

It stinks that BTA's guitarist is leaving. BTA is a great band!

Anyway, on the subject of taking breaks from metal. I do it all the time...sort of. I mean, I like so many different kinds of music (punk, hardcore, rock, modern rock, classic rock, old school punk, emo, some techno etc) that I sometimes go a day or two or more without listening to metal because I like a lot of other musical styles!
Knives

Postby RoyTheSwordGuy » Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:53 am

Favorite Metal Band: (Oooh, this was hard) Def Leppard
Favorite Type of metal: Hair metal
Favorite metal album: (Another hard one) "Pyromania"
Top 3 favorite metal songs: "Rock You Like A Hurricane", "Foolin'", "Thunderstruck"
Fav music website: I haven't really been to any... 'cept for Rush's site, occasionally

I've got the same thing as Knives going; there's just so many other genres of music that I like, I can go a few days with no metal unintentionally. I'm a major Progressive Rock fan (Rush, Styx, Pink Floyd), I can't get enough of my Synthpop and New Wave (Depeche Mode, Duran Duran, New Order, et al), I'm into electronic music (Darude, Daft Punk, Aphex Twin), I like "softer" rock (Boston, Journey), and I'm getting more into foreign music.
i are teh h4xx0r.

"Tonight! Wooh-mon! We'll be drivin' down Sepulveda with the t-top down!" --Larry Palaroncini, from Limozeen

"They tell me not to, but I still drinks it!" --The King of Town

Philippians 4:13, yo.
RoyTheSwordGuy

Postby kaiser » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:46 am

Favorite Metal Band: Saviour Machine, no doubt.

Favorite metal style: hmmm..... Power and Gothic (opera-like)

Favorite metal album: "Desert Land" by Narnia (awesome to listen to from the beggining to the end)

Favorite Metal Songs: "The Lost Son" - Narnia ; "Te Necesito" - Exousia (this is in spanish) ; "Glorification of the Master of Light" - Crimson Moonlight and "Carnival of Souls" - Saviour Machine

Fav music website: Blastbeats.com for buying metal cd's

Listening to: "Love Never Dies" - Saviour Machine
kaiser

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:20 pm

[quote="kaiser"]Favorite Metal Band: Saviour Machine, no doubt.

Favorite metal style: hmmm..... Power and Gothic (opera-like)

Favorite metal album: "Desert Land" by Narnia (awesome to listen to from the beggining to the end)

Favorite Metal Songs: "The Lost Son" - Narnia ]

I like your musical tastes!
Hitokiri

Postby That Dude » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:31 pm

Saviour Machine is such an awesome band. Do you know if they've already came out with "Legend III:II?"
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby kaiser » Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:35 pm

Already came out??? i'm gonna look for it!!!

All that have heard the legend series say that ut sounds like the unofficial soundtrack for the end of this world....
kaiser

Postby That Dude » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:45 pm

I'm not sure if it's out yet but I believe that it might be. But yes it is known as the unnoficial soundtrack to the endtimes. I'd definately recommend checking it out sometime.
That Dude

Postby Knives » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:18 am

[quote="RoyTheSwordGuy"]Favorite Metal Band: (Oooh, this was hard) Def Leppard
Favorite Type of metal: Hair metal
Favorite metal album: (Another hard one) "Pyromania"
Top 3 favorite metal songs: "Rock You Like A Hurricane", "Foolin'", "Thunderstruck"
Fav music website: I haven't really been to any... 'cept for Rush's site, occasionally

I've got the same thing as Knives going]
Cool bands dude. Do you like Dream Theater?
Knives

Postby Arnobius » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:23 am

What would you consider the top 10 albums in your collection?

Mine is
  1. Symphony of Enchanted Lands-- Rhapsody
  2. A Night at the Opera-- Blind Guardian
  3. Piece of Mind-- Iron Maiden
  4. Jeanne d'Arc-- Thy Majestie
  5. Mother Earth-- Within Temptation
  6. Gettysburg 1863-- Iced Earth (Technically part of "Glorious Burden" but I only liked this disc)
  7. Once-- Nightwish
  8. Space Metal-- Arjen Anthony Lucassen
  9. Battle Tested-- Gun Barrel
  10. Crusader-- Saxon
Arnobius

Postby Steeltemplar » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:22 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:What would you consider the top 10 albums in your collection?

Mine is
  1. Symphony of Enchanted Lands-- Rhapsody
  2. A Night at the Opera-- Blind Guardian
  3. Piece of Mind-- Iron Maiden
  4. Jeanne d'Arc-- Thy Majestie
  5. Mother Earth-- Within Temptation
  6. Gettysburg 1863-- Iced Earth (Technically part of "Glorious Burden" but I only liked this disc)
  7. Once-- Nightwish
  8. Space Metal-- Arjen Anthony Lucassen
  9. Battle Tested-- Gun Barrel
  10. Crusader-- Saxon

Wow.....I am not sure I can really answer this. LOL. I will try, though. This is JUST my top metal albums and in no particular order:

Among The Living by Anthrax
1919 Eternal by Black Label Society
A Night at the Opera by Blind Guardian
Follow The Reaper by Children of Bodom
Horror Show by Iced Earth
Piece of Mind by Iron Maiden
Painkiller by Judas Priest
Ride The Lightning by Metallica
Once by Nightwish
Rust In Peace by Megadeth

BTW, awesome selection there AH.
Headbangers United

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Knives » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:19 am

Steeltemplar wrote:Wow.....I am not sure I can really answer this. LOL. I will try, though. This is JUST my top metal albums and in no particular order:

Among The Living by Anthrax
1919 Eternal by Black Label Society
A Night at the Opera by Blind Guardian
Follow The Reaper by Children of Bodom
Horror Show by Iced Earth
Piece of Mind by Iron Maiden
Painkiller by Judas Priest
Ride The Lightning by Metallica
Once by Nightwish
Rust In Peace by Megadeth

BTW, awesome selection there AH.

Im not sure how easy this will be for me to answer either.
Here is my somewhat lame top 10 metal album list:

1. A Chours of Obliteration - The Showdown
2. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence - Dream Theater
3. Ride the Lightning - Metallica
4. The System Has Failed - Megadeth
5. Cries of the Past - UnderOath
6. Burning Bridges - Haste the Day
7. Alter Bridge - One Day Remains
8. Make Yourself - Incubus (I dont have all the songs from this album...)
9. The Triptych - Demon Hunter
10. Silence - Blindside
Knives

Postby That Dude » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:10 pm

I really don't have a list but ten of the best are...

Four Wall Blackmail - Poetic
New Medicines - Poetic
Bless The Martyr, Kiss The Child - Norma Jean
I Am Hollywood - He Is Legend
Failure On - Beloved (us)
Shadows Are Security - As I Lay Dying
Frail Words Collapse - As I Lay Dying
No Sir, Nihilism Is Not Practical - Showbread
Thrill Seeker - August Burns Red
Nu En Jin - Mortal

Those are definately up there for best hard CD's.
That Dude

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:54 pm

hmm top ten ...

sunrise over a sea of blood :mortal treason
burning bridges and everything falls: haste the day
Failure on :Beloved [us]
free to conquer : subseven (not metal but basically like blindside)
oh god the aftermath:norma jean
silence :blindside
new medicines:dead poetic
call to the martyrs:mortal treason
funeral of God:Zao

there u have it and well they are in no order.

BTW That dude glad to see fellow beloved and august burns red fan
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby That Dude » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:00 pm

Also a somewhat bigger fan of .
That Dude

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session