Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby indyrocker » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:44 pm

Favorite Metal Band: Demon Hunter
Favorite Type of metal: Nu Metal
Favorite metal album: eather Trapinch or Matalica (the black album)
Top 3 favorite metal songs: "Snap your fingers, snap your neck", "Highway to Hell", and " Last Meal"
fav music website: godcore.com and Purevolume.com
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:25 am

inkjet1987 wrote:Easily one of, if not the best thrash/grind/noise metal bands around.

I liked it. I am not a big fan of that type of genre (save for Norma Jea) but I liked it overall.
Hitokiri

Postby inkjet1987 » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:42 am

Hitokiri wrote:I liked it. I am not a big fan of that type of genre (save for Norma Jea) but I liked it overall.

You should definately check out The Silent Circus if you havn't already. Its a bit more solid than Alaska IMO.
inkjet1987

Postby xCAFx » Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:28 pm

Thanks That Dude! Yeah i stumbled across the site after seing something about it in HM. After i started listening to the internet radio station on thier i started to get into electronic stuff. Thanks Knives, too. Uneroath, they are great. The worst thing though is that i cant seem to get Cries of The Past or Act of Deppression and i want to hear them! Anyway...
xCAFx

Postby That Dude » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:38 pm

You're welcome xCAFx. Hey AgentSmith is the song "Last Meal" the Project 86 one of that name that you were talking about?
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Smython » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:31 pm

Smython

Postby indyrocker » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:34 pm

That Dude wrote:You're welcome xCAFx. Hey AgentSmith is the song "Last Meal" the Project 86 one of that name that you were talking about?
ya bro it is!
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby Ninja Rob » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:15 pm

Favorite Metal Band: Is He Is Legend considered metal? They are on Solid State records. If not, then either Becoming the Archetype or Living Sacrifice.
Favorite Type of Metal: Real metal. Metal metal. Not heavy metal, not nu-metal, just metal.
Favorite Metal Album: "The Hammering Process" -Living Sacrifice, and if He Is Legend is metal, then "I Am Hollywood" also.
Top 3 Metal Songs: "Reject", "Elegy", "The Seduction".
"That Man, born in That Day and also known by the alias This Guy or That Person, is well-known among ninja of the world for developing That Jutsu and his key role in That Incident. However, he should not be confused with That Man who is That Man but is not really That Man." -Uncylopedia.org, on the Naruto character That Man
Ninja Rob

Postby Arnobius » Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:55 pm

Knives wrote:hmmn, whats your opinion on their self titled (black album), my friends say it is their best one.

Hmm, missed this post. Sorry for the delay. It was OK, better than Justice, but still not as good as the older ones.

I used to be into Thrash. Nowadays, it's Power Metal. Found a couple of cool songs today by a band called Reverend Bizarre (who I don't recommend over all, due to some graphic content, but these two songs were cool): "Doom Over The World" and "Cromwell"
Arnobius

Postby That Dude » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:28 am

Last meal is an awesome song...And "I Am Hollywood" is definately one of my most favoritest CD's ever. It's stinkin awesome!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Steeltemplar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:55 am

I agree with AH, "Cromwell" is a great song.

Anyone here a fan of melodic death metal? Ie. In Flames, Children of Bodom, Soilwork.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:49 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:I agree with AH, "Cromwell" is a great song.

Anyone here a fan of melodic death metal? Ie. In Flames, Children of Bodom, Soilwork.

Yes! I love that.
Hitokiri

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:51 pm

band: Haste the day and Demon hunter and as cities burn if they are concidered metal
style: metalcore and nu-metal
fav albums: burning bridges and when everything falls
top 3 songs: not I (demon hunter) when everything falls (HTD) and game of love (subseven it is like nu-metal screamo) if that doesn't count then Bloodsucker part 2 (as cities burn)
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Steeltemplar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:09 pm

Hitokiri wrote:Yes! I love that.

I got to see Children of Bodom awhile back in concert with Fear Factory and Lamb of God (I'm a fan of the former, but not the latter). They were incredible live.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Knives » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:04 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Hmm, missed this post. Sorry for the delay. It was OK, better than Justice, but still not as good as the older ones.

Ok eh, It is my favorite album of theirs that I have heard.
Knives

Postby Steeltemplar » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:42 pm

Knives wrote:Ok eh, It is my favorite album of theirs that I have heard.

TBA (The Black Album, of course ;) ) had some great cuts on it. In particular, "Enter Sandman" and "Wherever I May Roam". Good, mid-tempo, chugging metal with some great instrumental skills on display. TBA was one of my first metal albums and it, along with the Galactic Cowboys eponymous release, was one of the major reasons I listen to metal today.

As well, TBA has production values we all wish the earlier Metallica albums had. Especially, ...And Justice For All which was sort of famed for its screwed up production.

That being said, I think that it is 1) Not representative of what makes Metallica famous. and 2) Not as good as their best days.

While I love something like "Wherever I May Roam", I do not think that it stacks up when placed head to head with a song like "Ride The Lightning", "For Whom The Bell Tolls", "Jump In The Fire", "The Four Horsemen", "Battery", or "Disposable Heroes".

So, in short, I would sum it up this way: TBA is good metal. It's just not good Metallica.
Headbangers United

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby xCAFx » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:22 pm

Speeking of(someone said something about it a few posts back)Thrash, I love it! I just started really getting into it. By the way has anyone ever heard of Believer? They have got to be one of the best Thrash bands ever(and one of the best bands ever!)! I just recently got the re-issue of Sanity Obscure; its got to be the best album I own. Please tell me someone has heard of them...
xCAFx

Postby Arnobius » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:42 pm

I hadn't heard of them. When I was into it (back then Metallica and Anthrax were consdered Thrash back then), I liked bands like Exodus. Nowadays, I find it seems to have evolved past me and the Power/Fantasy Metal seems to be where I fit in
Arnobius

Postby That Dude » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:52 am

I've never heard of them...I'm ordering a Japanese metal CD though...Vulger by Dir En Grey...I hope it's good.
That Dude

Postby Arnobius » Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:58 am

That Dude wrote:I've never heard of them...I'm ordering a Japanese metal CD though...Vulger by Dir En Grey...I hope it's good.

Let me know if it's any good. I remember Loudness and EZO for metal bands
Arnobius

Postby Steeltemplar » Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:18 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:I hadn't heard of them. When I was into it (back then Metallica and Anthrax were consdered Thrash back then), I liked bands like Exodus. Nowadays, I find it seems to have evolved past me and the Power/Fantasy Metal seems to be where I fit in

Anthrax! :rock:

Among The Living remains one of my favorite all-time albums. ("Among the living! Follow me or die!")
Headbangers United

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby xCAFx » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:32 am

Well Believer are really good thoe; I suggest tracking down (or buying a Re-issue of) one of their albums. I have Sanity obscure and its one of the most incredible(or is the most incredible) albums i own. Awsome crazy super technical Thrash! Anyway i heard a clip of the Blind Gurdian song "Mirror Mirror" and i thought it was great. I also got to hear Nightwish at Borders and they sound really good. Not sure about thier lyrics yet though. And speeking of Fantasy/Power Metal, does anyone know of any other bands like that, that have decent lyrics?
xCAFx

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:42 am

are there any fans of the band mortal treason her cuz i thought they were awesome till they broke up
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby xCAFx » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:32 pm

I have an Mp3 of thiers and i like it. Its called "war Within" from War within(the album).
xCAFx

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:42 pm

GrubbTheFragger wrote:are there any fans of the band mortal treason her cuz i thought they were awesome till they broke up

They are indeed awesome. One of the more brutal and hard Christian metal bands out there. I highly suggest there new "Sunrise Over a Sea of Blood". That c.d. seriously owned some serious face.

And it sucks they broke up. With a bit more fine tuning; they would of seriously been of so much more.
Hitokiri

Postby Arnobius » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:26 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:Anthrax! :rock:

Among The Living remains one of my favorite all-time albums. ("Among the living! Follow me or die!")

AtL was a great album and the title track was great too.
DANH DA DANH DANH
chunk chunk chunk chunk
chunk chunk chunk chunk
DANH DA DANH DANH
chunk chunk chunk chunk
chunk chunk chunk chunk
DANH DA DANH DANH
chunk chunk chunk chunk
chunk chunk chunk chunk
DANH DA DANH DANH

That one could seriously grind
Arnobius

Postby Steeltemplar » Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:26 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:AtL was a great album and the title track was great too.
DANH DA DANH DANH
chunk chunk chunk chunk
chunk chunk chunk chunk
DANH DA DANH DANH
chunk chunk chunk chunk
chunk chunk chunk chunk
DANH DA DANH DANH
chunk chunk chunk chunk
chunk chunk chunk chunk
DANH DA DANH DANH

That one could seriously grind

Ha! I just now caught this.

Yeah, I LOVE it. Nasty, nasty guitar work.

On another note, anyone else here like Gravedigger?
Headbangers United

CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Yamato145 » Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:54 am

Has anyone listened to Hypnotize by System of a Down yet?
I got it for Christmas, it is (not surprisingly) a masterpiece!
gah, I love System so much ... I am gonna go jam to Sugar now
LOVE & PEACE!!!
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby Knives » Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:20 am

Yamato145 wrote:Has anyone listened to Hypnotize by System of a Down yet?
I got it for Christmas, it is (not surprisingly) a masterpiece!
gah, I love System so much ... I am gonna go jam to Sugar now
LOVE & PEACE!!!

S.O.A.D. eh? They have got some pretty weirdly cool stuff. The way they sing is soo...ummn odd. The song Hypnotize is a good song, that is the only one I have heard from that album. How is the content morally? It is explicit, isn't it?
Knives

Postby That Dude » Sat Dec 31, 2005 12:16 pm

From what I've heard it is pretty explicet. I know that one song that they play has quite a few f words in it.
That Dude

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session