The Malignant Tumor of the Music Industry

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Riku777 » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:37 pm

sorry :red: didn't mean to blow my top. after all he IS only 12... so i guess it's ok. but u hve to agree there's no room on this site for blasting Christianity....................................

but stepping OFF this toppic... i think if you don't like something... stay away from it. if u don't like tap, stay away from rap. that's what i've been doing all my life and i've been good. but i agree with loch... u can't really tell other ppl what to like and dislike, though it would be nice... :evil:
Adopted by Sammy-chu ^-^ *Wishes Sam*ron would come and visit sometimes*

Proud Owner of a limited edition Kaemmerite (AKA Nate) Plushi!!!

Mary had a little lamb.... AND THEN I ATE IT >:D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
Locke wrote:When life gives you lemons, make it into a blog and get comments. =/

Nate wrote:[color=black]Screw TNT: CAA Knows Drama.
[/color]
[color=#ffa500]"Thank you for killing this thread...
dragging it's poor comatose body into
the freeway....and allowing the trucks
of rabbits trails of offtopicness drive it
into the pavement. Please, feel free to
spit on it's skid mark remains.
You monster."
-Ark

[/color]
(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
[color=lime](> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination... [/color]Or I'll eat you, all up. Mwahahahahaha
@_@All my base are belong to bunny@_@
[color=mediumturquoise]猿]
Riku777

Location: Where we live in Igloos, it's below freezing ALL the time and where we talk about the Hockey Lockout

The Streets

Postby Zane » Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:14 am

Nice guys,

Back to the origin of this thread. Im semi with the Pumkin guy :)
Obviously rap has many faces, and u guys in the US usually only hear the Us ghetto rap and 50 cent and whatever, that stuff.
I don't like their stuff but I dont mind 'people talking and rhyming words' (ie rap, just not the black cultural context, underground, sex, drugs everything that Pumpkin metioned)

Have you guys heard of "The Streets" a UK dude?
see he has looping pianos in the background and a jazzy feel to his rap, so pretty differnet to the popular US stuff atm, so is similar but these songs here are the nice ones I mean.

[INDENT]Turn the Page
Has it come to this
Weak become Heros (this is the jazzy one)
Its too Late[/INDENT]
And for those (see 4 songs) i can't say I 'hate' rap.
And I'll ignore Zip's notions so that this thread stays open,.... but different people praise God in different ways, and I think he loves that, thats why theres so many variations in nature, skin colour, animals, taste, and music God is an artist.
Hopefully you guys can have a listen to one of those tunes (go the weak become heros first, its my fav out of the lot) Cheers guys.
    Zane

Postby shooraijin » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:54 am

didn't mean to blow my top. after all he IS only 12...

No need to point out other people's ages, either. Drop the issue entirely and get on with it.
    "you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
    "Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
    shooraijin

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:15 pm

One thing that I hate about rap is how it changes people.

I got to a college where every single person listens to rap and thus acts ghetto. Even th epeople who i know are stinkin rich and gets rather annoying. I'm not trying to get the racism argument going but it's like if you're not ghetto, you're not cool or whatever. If you listen to rap, you have to be ghetto. That's waht my view is when looking at school.

Plus I hate and I repeat HATE it when your driving and all you can hear in the car behidn you is "bum-bum-bum..". When they have thier stero so loud and playing rap. Erks me alot.

I dont have athing wrong with Christian Rap. I mean, they're prasing God so it's cool with me but I still can't stand rap.

--------------
    I know you guys stopped this debate and I dont want to make it so this topic gets locked up. It's not about rap but about worship in general.

Worship can be anything and if it's praise worthy, God delights in hearing it.

So you can worship while rapping, screaming, humming, dancing, read the bible, praying, talking to God. Whatever that you do that is directed towards God and his Majesty is considered worship. That's my piece. I just felt like I needed to say that.
    Hitokiri

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:18 pm

I just got back on this site after one day, and this has gotten huge. All I'm going to say is this: Anything can be used to praise God, but that doesn't mean the Bible is the only way too. I don't think I said anything wrong there, so please don't lock this thread. Anyways, Riku, I can't stay away from rap. That's what bugs me. And Kae, I wasn't raised well. My parents hate everything I listen too, because they only like christian stuff or lite rock.
    "Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
    "Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
    "Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
    "Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
    "All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
    The downfall of society will be society itself.
    Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
    I HATE LINKIN PARK
    PumpkinKoRn52

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:20 pm

I completely agree with you Hitokiri.
    "Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
    "Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
    "Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
    "Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
    "All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
    The downfall of society will be society itself.
    Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
    I HATE LINKIN PARK
    PumpkinKoRn52

Postby ZiP » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:19 pm

I just want to say one thing,
    I don't object to people trying to praise God through other methods, I just don't think rap is a good one.

adn also to the person you says I "thrash God",
    I don't think the holy spirit is inactive.
    --To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
    ZiP

Postby panegryst » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:30 pm

I think that it is important to remember decorum and honor whenever you are praising God. We do not get drunk in church; we do not wear overly casual clothes in church (i.e., nothing that might be considered shameful: nothing dirty, smelly or immodest). In the same way, while we can praise God with many different styles of music (rap included, I think), it's important not to say that 'anything that praises God is acceptable'. The line between 'acceptable worship' and 'unacceptable worship' is not drawn at Scripture, it is drawn at the combined limits of decorum and intent. Rap can be an acceptable form of worship; please don't forget that traditional forms and the Psalms are still the best kinds of worship (due to their being rooted directly in Scripture, as well as their long and excellent history and deep meaning).
    "Reason is the Devil's harlot."
    -Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
    Or never stand again
    -Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
    panegryst

Postby Riku777 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:42 pm

well... i sort of disagree and agree with u panegryst (however that's possible) yes some forms of worship may be unacceptable, but if u were to do the same form of worship, type i mean, same type of worship, but truly submit urself to god then it would be ok. i think it's how u go about worship and how much of u is TRULY worshiping god that's important.
    Adopted by Sammy-chu ^-^ *Wishes Sam*ron would come and visit sometimes*

Proud Owner of a limited edition Kaemmerite (AKA Nate) Plushi!!!

Mary had a little lamb.... AND THEN I ATE IT >:D BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:
    Locke wrote:When life gives you lemons, make it into a blog and get comments. =/

Nate wrote:[color=black]Screw TNT: CAA Knows Drama.
    [/color]
    [color=#ffa500]"Thank you for killing this thread...
    dragging it's poor comatose body into
    the freeway....and allowing the trucks
    of rabbits trails of offtopicness drive it
    into the pavement. Please, feel free to
    spit on it's skid mark remains.
    You monster."
    -Ark

[/color]
    (\_/)
    (O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
    [color=lime](> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination... [/color]Or I'll eat you, all up. Mwahahahahaha
    @_@All my base are belong to bunny@_@
    [color=mediumturquoise]猿]
    Riku777

Location: Where we live in Igloos, it's below freezing ALL the time and where we talk about the Hockey Lockout

Postby ZiP » Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:51 pm

Since the arguement appears to be over, i'm going to post,

I think it is Good if you are trying to praise God fully and wholey, and I'm not saying christian rap is evil, but I just don't prefer it, seeing as rap in and of itself stems from
    the black race expressing the trials they suffered, and seeing as what rap is generaly about these days, btu I am nto here to make the claim it's hell-spawn.
    --To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
    ZiP

Previous

Return to Jam Session