Beware, kazaa users, of the RIAA

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby LorentzForce » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:06 pm

to djnoz = my school was just told by MTV for an audition. they seemd to want few of our seniors to dance in the next... who was she... Missy Elliot... i think... for her next music video or something. of course, knowing her songs and seeing her music videos on the tele, i know exactly what the boys will have to do. and guess what, they are probably practising it right now at home. i bet i know exactly what would be in the music video...

to Turbocat = music and anime is quite different. music artists get most money through fame and doing concerts. anime gets through selling their videos or DVDs. so while the music singers and whatnot can get past by of copyright problems, anime can't, at all. so unless the fansub isn't available at all except in Japan (which even then is a bit no-no), i don't think you should talk about fansubbed anime.

but then again, look at gaming industry... it's bigger than the Hollywood industry, but many people don't even consider copying games pirating. and each new game is around AUS$80. that's a lot of money, and it's also a lot of money being lost by game producers who just spent more than it costed to do two LoTR movie.
LorentzForce

Postby LorentzForce » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:09 pm

and Ashley, you just posted the Kazza link.
LorentzForce

Postby Ashley » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:10 pm

It was an example.
Ashley

Postby Turbocat » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:14 pm

Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification, Ash...and Lorenzo you have a good point I guess there is a difference. I just look forward to the day when pay a flat monthly fee and I can download all the entertainment my computer can handle.
In Christ,

Turbo =^.^=
Turbocat

Postby Turbocat » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:17 pm

Oops I mean Lorentz!! :red:
In Christ,

Turbo =^.^=
Turbocat

Postby LorentzForce » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:40 pm

Ashley : ok.

Turbocat : well, better than being called Lawrence :)
LorentzForce

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat May 08, 2004 8:07 pm

Ya know the companies wouldnt have money problems IF THEY HAD GOOD BANDS
Solid Ronin

Previous

Return to Jam Session