Fave Rock n Roll Decade

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Reba » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:22 pm

80's and the New Era, Both are awesome.

[SIZE="1"]A blue, black shade of love.

Sent from above.

[align=center]My hands are tied to worlds
alone,
And this I know.
Your breath's like wine,
And just like clouds, my skin crawls.
It's so divine, the sky it glows with fields of light.
Did you know that I love you?
Come and lay with me.
I love you.
And all this day, I will love you.
You make me feel alive,
and I'll love you
Until the end of time.[/SIZE][/align]
Reba

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:18 pm

The 80's is my favorite because it saw the rise of Goth, Industrial, Post-Punk, New Wave, and Synthpop music, while other styles like Punk and Hip-Hop saw some of the best entries in the genre at this time.
GhostontheNet

Postby Righteousss » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:01 am

60s

The DOORS \m/
Righteousss

Postby Angel Tifa » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:38 am

I would say the 90's are my favorite because grunge is my favorite genre of music with Alice In Chains (Layne Staley I <3 you!), Mad Season, Nirvana, and Soundgarden. I was a kid and teen in the 90s.

Some of my other favorite 90s bands are Tool and Nine Inch Nails. I also did love some 80s stuff like Guns n' Roses and Metallica.
Angel Tifa

Postby termyt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:56 am

I grew up in the 80's and I still listen to a lot of New Wave. I never did get into the metal bands and I, of course, hate the hair bands.

For me, the late 50's and mid to late 60's are what rock is all about. The early 60's regressed a bit due in some part to the Day the Music Died until the surfers and the brits got us back on track.

I'll take the Hollies, the Beach Boys, the Crickets, the Ventures, heck, I even had a crush on Leslie Gore for a bit, even though she's old enough to be my mother.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:44 am

termyt (post: 1201138) wrote:I grew up in the 80's and I still listen to a lot of New Wave. I never did get into the metal bands and I, of course, hate the hair bands.

For me, the late 50's and mid to late 60's are what rock is all about. The early 60's regressed a bit due in some part to the Day the Music Died until the surfers and the brits got us back on track.

I'll take the Hollies, the Beach Boys, the Crickets, the Ventures, heck, I even had a crush on Leslie Gore for a bit, even though she's old enough to be my mother.

You're into New Wave music too? Its the funny thing about the 80's, while it was producing extremely nauseating mainstream music, the underground was producing absolutely brilliant music. The 50's and 60's produced some pretty good Rock music too, but those eras had a certain dark underbelly of decadence, decay, and self-ruin that would prove to be fertile symbolism for the Gothic rock movement (especially in the wake of David Bowie's self-deconstructing Glam Rock). Since I play a lot of New Wave music and since Gothic rock has a definite flair of Rock roots revivalism, I think you would probably enjoy tuning in to my internet radio station.
GhostontheNet

Previous

Return to Jam Session