Headbangers United.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby Yamato145 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:19 am

Favorite Metal Band: Metallica
Favorite type of metal: Old School
favorite metal album: Ride The Lighting
top 3 favorite metal songs of all time: Master of Puppets - Metallica, Dig - Mudvayne, Right Now - Korn
favorite music website: Lpunderground.com
The loving, caring, and slightly bad-influencing father of 1balloonpopper and khakibluesocks!!!
Also I'm not sure how -_-' but somehow I am the Master and Father of Spectro-King according to his signature ... but hey I'm up for having a minion ... so jump stupid ... I'll have him keeeeel you
:evil: Evil child of Fantasy Dreamer and Dark Disturbed Grandchild of Cephas VII
On a quest to adopt Cephas
:dance: WACKY BANANA!!! :rock: ROCKER!!! :hug: glomp of DOOM!!!
Ive noticed something interesting, when a place is really amazing people say it must be seen to believed ... but the most amazing place ever must be believed to be seen.
kenshin: W_^Vx
Yamato145

Postby Knives » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:20 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Ah I remember them. "To Hell With the Devil" and all that. The early Christian metal days along with Bloodgood etc.

lol, I bet some of that stuff caused quite a stir in the christian community though.
Knives

Postby Arnobius » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:33 pm

Knives wrote:lol, I bet some of that stuff caused quite a stir in the christian community though.

From what I recall, most of the people I knew (around 1987) thought they looked very effeminite, took some issue with using the word hell, but when they learned it was a Christian band, were just glad I wasn't listening to the satanic stuff.

An aside: Believe it or not... in the 1980's, Motley Crue and Iron Maiden were considered satanic bands, and a lot of people thought Twisted Sister somehow must be...

This was back before the truly awful bands like Slayer came out.

... and nowadays... :eh:
Arnobius

Postby Knives » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:34 pm

Motley Crue was considered satanic? Whoa, I did kinda think that Iron Maiden was satanic but then, I have never listened to them.
Knives

Postby Steeltemplar » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:43 pm

I think that people thought Maiden was satanic because of the song "The Number of the Beast". Quite honestly, though, the charge is baseless and they are a great band. I highly recommend them. Especially the albums Powerslave and Piece of Mind.

Seriously, though, just about every secular metal band in history has been accused of satanism, probably. lol.

As for nowadays, AH is right. In this era, we get bands like Dimmu Borgir who make no secret of their hatred for Christianity (DB has at least one song about causing physical harm to Christians).
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:17 pm

Steeltemplar wrote:As for nowadays, AH is right. In this era, we get bands like Dimmu Borgir who make no secret of their hatred for Christianity (DB has at least one song about causing physical harm to Christians).

This one right? I dislike DU highly - basically cause of that song.

[spoiler]I could drag you to my chambers
and strip you naked in darkness
I could pull your fingernails out one by one
and rape you till you find no hope

I could rip your guts out
and let you watch me sacrifice your unborn child
I could leave you to starve
and even bring you to total silence

Come on!

For I find no pleasure in your physical pain
I want your Christian soul to crumble

When I have seen your church go up in flames
and you are weeping I will laugh
When you mourn over loved ones
I will feel bliss when your mortal soul is in ruins

Come on!

I will grin in the shadows
for that gives me pleasure

Tormenting a Christian soul[/spoiler]

I hate those type of lyrics.
Hitokiri

Postby That Dude » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:24 pm

Lets see...

Favorite metal band - I'd have to say Dead Poetic
Favorite type of metal - that's really hard...I guess I'll have to go with "emo-core"
Favorite metal album - another really difficult one....I'll just say it's a tie between both of Dead Poetic's CD's and "Bless The Martyr, Kiss The Child" by Norma Jean.
Favorite three metal songs - Another one to which I don't have a definate answer...Anyways... Glass In The Trees - Dead Poetic, The Shotgun Message - Norma Jean, Suspension Suspend - Zao....Are three one's I really dig.
As for favorite website - Flamingfish.com (christian industrial, goth, darkwave and such.)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Hitokiri » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:27 am

A member on a forum posted this band, Stream of Passion, and they are crazy. fans of Evanescence, Nightiwsh, Plumb, etc and of Prog and Goth Metal will love this c.d. It's crazy, dark, soothing, beutiful, etc. Take a listen to "Deciever" and download thier music video "Passion". One crazy thing that this band was formed and produced(?) through the internet.

their website wrote:The band's creative juices are flowing to and fro between computers stationed in all corners of the world - recording, writing and matching up musical ideas to form songs. The end result is as diverse and driven as each individual band member.
Hitokiri

Postby Arnobius » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:12 am

Knives wrote:Motley Crue was considered satanic? Whoa, I did kinda think that Iron Maiden was satanic but then, I have never listened to them.

Probably because of "SHout at the Devil" Back then if a band was heavy metal, and they mentioned the devil or hell, they were presumed satanic. Even Twisted Sister's "Burn in Hell" was considered Satanic... :eyeroll:
Arnobius

Postby Steeltemplar » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:07 am

Hitokiri wrote:This one right? I dislike DU highly - basically cause of that song.

[spoiler]I could drag you to my chambers
and strip you naked in darkness
I could pull your fingernails out one by one
and rape you till you find no hope

I could rip your guts out
and let you watch me sacrifice your unborn child
I could leave you to starve
and even bring you to total silence

Come on!

For I find no pleasure in your physical pain
I want your Christian soul to crumble

When I have seen your church go up in flames
and you are weeping I will laugh
When you mourn over loved ones
I will feel bliss when your mortal soul is in ruins

Come on!

I will grin in the shadows
for that gives me pleasure

Tormenting a Christian soul[/spoiler]

I hate those type of lyrics.

Yeah, that sounds like it. In general, they are all into that sort of "Christians are weak" sort of thing. Disgusting. And really too bad. Musically, they are a good band. It is a pity their talents are wasted.
Headbangers United

"There is no surer sign of decay in a country than to see the rites of religion held in contempt." - Niccolo Machiavelli

"But even as Josue and Caleb declared that the Land of Promise was good and fair, and that the possession of it would be easy and pleasant; so the Holy Spirit, speaking by all the Saints, and our Blessed Lord Himself assure us that a devout life is a lovely, a pleasant, and a happy life." - from An Introduction to the Devout Life, by St. Francis de Sales

Loyal subject of Sakura-hime, the RP Princess.
CR-chan's faithful PNC.
FF-chan's NiichanB.
Steeltemplar

Postby Knives » Thu Nov 10, 2005 1:57 pm

To That Dude: Welcome to the club "That Dude". Dead Poetic is a great band.
To Hitokiri: Pretty cool song, the video has some cool effects as well. Im not really a big fan of that kind of music though..
To AnimeHeretic: Wow, nowadays loads of bands have songs like that and arent considered satanic...
To SteelTemplar: There are a lot of musically good bands that waste their talent on that kind of trash.
Knives

Postby xCAFx » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:26 pm

Yeah alot of talent is wasted on trash lyrics or themes.
Anyway:

Favorite Metal Band: Believer
Favorite Type of metal: Thrash Metal
Favorite metal album: "SanityObscure"-Believer

Top 3 favorite metal songs: "Wisdoms Call"-Believer
"Shadow Of Death"-Believer
"Giving Up Hurts The Most"-Underoath
Fav music website: http://www.firestream.net
xCAFx

Postby That Dude » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:13 pm

As I Lay Dying is a great band. The members are pretty nice also. I've seen them live twice...And I'm friends with their guitarist Nick Hipa.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby xCAFx » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:24 pm

Your freinds with him?! Wow thats pretty awesome! :thumb:
xCAFx

Postby xCAFx » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:15 pm

Speaking of Metal, all of you go download this great(at least i think its good) song(for free for the mp3 of the month) from here:Jesus Metal. Just go to downloads and then to mp3 of the month.(Im interested to hear what you think of it Hitokiri)
xCAFx

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:03 pm

xCAFx wrote:Speaking of Metal, all of you go download this great(at least i think its good) song(for free for the mp3 of the month) from here:Jesus Metal. Just go to downloads and then to mp3 of the month.(Im interested to hear what you think of it Hitokiri)

The Sacrificium - White Throne mp3 right? I havn't listened to these guys yet but I have indeed heard of them.

I am borrowing my friends Lengsel "Solace" c.d. I will listen to it sometime soon. I got to hear a bit of it and I loved it.

Check these guys out. I love em.

http://www.myspace.com/thehorsemenoftheapocalypse - Gore/Doom/Death metal.
http://www.myspace.com/umos Not exactly metal per say but does retain some metal influences. Space/Ambient Metal.
Hitokiri

Postby ~SoulxFood~ » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:41 pm

Hehe -- headbanging is fun. I went to a concert a few weeks ago with Into the Moat, Cephalic Carnage, Between the Buried and Me, and the Black Dahlia Murder, and my neck ached for days. Anyway...

Favorite Metal Band: I guess if I had to narrow it down to one it’d be Demon Hunter – Cephalic Carnage plays a pretty awesome show, though…
Favorite Type of metal: um… hair metal? Hahaha… industrial is pretty spiffy in my opinion.
Favorite metal album: “Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kissesâ€
~SoulxFood~

Postby Knives » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:52 am

Hey ~SoulxFood~ and xCAFx, welcome to the club. Soo, what is everyone heres favorite metallica cd? Mine is Ride the Lightning!
Knives

Postby xCAFx » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:10 pm

Oh yeah about the mp3 i would doenload it cause it isn't coming out on Cd and it won't be on their site. Its exclusively for the mp3 of the month on Jesusmetal.com. And im sur people are going to go absolutely CRAZY about this but i don't own a Metallica Cd. (waits for the uproar..)
xCAFx

Postby Arnobius » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:23 pm

Well, I don't either. I quit listening to them when And Justice For All came out and they sold out. I wouldn't mind re-acquiring Kill em All again... but the CD version omits the songs "Am I Evil?" and "Blitzkrieg" which were on the tape version I had in the 80's.
Arnobius

Postby xCAFx » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:57 pm

I see.
xCAFx

Postby Knives » Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:23 pm

The Only CD I have by them is Ride the Lightning, and I didnt buy that one...I still think they're an awesome band even if they sold out.
Btw, xCAFx I like your icon, I love UnderOath.
Knives

Postby That Dude » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:34 pm

xCAFx wrote:Your freinds with him?! Wow thats pretty awesome! :thumb:

Yeah I know his aunt and uncle really well and they introduced me to him. I haven't seen him in over a year now but when he comes to here or Denver I'll probably go up to see him/them.
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:35 pm

Hey I just noticed the link on your sig...That's a great site xCAFx!
That Dude

Postby Arnobius » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:47 pm

Knives wrote:The Only CD I have by them is Ride the Lightning, and I didnt buy that one...I still think they're an awesome band even if they sold out.
Btw, xCAFx I like your icon, I love UnderOath.

Well their earlier stuff was very good (up through $5.98 EP). I remeber when Justice came out, all of us fans were so excited and then we listened to it: Outside of Blackened, it was a disappointing album
Arnobius

Postby Knives » Sun Nov 27, 2005 11:23 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:Well their earlier stuff was very good (up through $5.98 EP). I remeber when Justice came out, all of us fans were so excited and then we listened to it: Outside of Blackened, it was a disappointing album

hmmn, whats your opinion on their self titled (black album), my friends say it is their best one.
Knives

Postby Michael » Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:22 pm

Soo, what is everyone heres favorite metallica cd? Mine is Ride the Lightning!

Symphony & Metallica is my favorite, (and all the Metallica I need; It's a Greatest Hits) That CD is absolutely amazing. The Orchestra fills in all the blank parts in their songs, my only gripe is that they don't do "Orion" but "Call of the Kthulu" kinda makes up for it.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:23 pm

I am downloading Between the Buried and Me "Alaska' from a friend of mine. I have heard nothing but greatness from this band.
Hitokiri

Postby inkjet1987 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:33 pm

Hitokiri wrote:I have heard nothing but greatness from this band.

Easily one of, if not the best thrash/grind/noise metal bands around.
inkjet1987

Postby ~SoulxFood~ » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:24 pm

Hitokiri wrote:I am downloading Between the Buried and Me "Alaska' from a friend of mine. I have heard nothing but greatness from this band.

Ah, yes. "Alaska" is a big crowd pleaser too, at least -- when they play it in concert everyone goes thrash crazy.
*~~I tried sniffing coke once... but the ice cubes got stuck up my nose~~*

"Bow down!
Bow down!
Before the power of Santa!
Or be crushed!
Be crushed, by--
HIS JOLLY BOOTS OF DOOM!"
~SoulxFood~

Previous Next

Return to Jam Session