Christian Artists avoiding romantic lyrics?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:05 am

God doesn't hate love songs. Christian radio hates love songs. And I watch south park sometimes.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 11, 2004 12:35 pm

oldphilosopher wrote:I'd say ignore people who are really closed minded about stuff like that whenever possible. Suffice to say:
1. I am a Christian.
2. I write songs.
3. Both worship and non-worship songs.
4. In fact, the night I proposed to my wife, I sang one of my songs.
5. I think God gave her to me.
6. Why else would song of songs be in the bible if God hates love songs?

Anyway, let's not discuss those points (at least not 6 :lol: )

Heh. You're right, let's not go there. It was interesting to see a fresh take on the topic of this thread, which has been slowly winding to different places.

Though I really want to argue with you about #4, because I know so much better than you...
uc pseudonym

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:07 pm

Hmm, wouldn't just about every song be a love song to God? That's what is most important, ne?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:13 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:Hmm, wouldn't just about every song be a love song to God? That's what is most important, ne?

Be that as it may, I think the author of the thread meant something quite different than what you refer to. Jesus said "those who love me obey my commandments." That definition of the love of God doesn't exactly fill a person with warm, fuzzy feelings.

So while you are completely correct, this thread is about a much narrower topic.
uc pseudonym

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:17 pm

maybe some of jaci velasquez's music? some of hers might pass as love songs ^_^
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby skynes » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:50 am

Demon Hunter- Heartstrings come undone.

That is song written by the lead singer about his wife and I believe it sorta fits as a 'love song'
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Postby AsterlonKnight » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:08 pm

I guess it would depend on your definition of what a "love song" actually is. And then take that and compare it to what most secular love songs are like. Some are more about lust than love, while others are purer. The biggest example I can think of is the Josh Groban song "You Raise Me Up." Taken one way, it could be a song about the person you love and how thankful you are for them and their presense; taken another way it's a song of praise to God. Or at least some Christian artists think so. I've heard covers of it on one Christian station here. It's all perspective.
Laughter is timeless
Imagination has no age
And Dreams are forever~Disney

Be true! Be true! Be true! Show freely to the world, if not your worst, yet some trait whereby the worst may be inferred!~Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
AsterlonKnight

Postby greyscale42 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:56 pm

I think most avoid it for the fear of being labeled secular or they simply dont care to write anything other than clear and honest worship songs.
Not to mention that most who write songs other than worship songs dont sell as many cds :sniffle:

And personally when listning to music I usually tend not to think if their christian or not but rather if listning to it interferes with my relationship with God or not. Thats just me personaly, and what some think interferes varies from others perspectives.
greyscale42

Previous

Return to Jam Session