Songs that the radio plays too much that suck.

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Songs that the radio plays too much that suck.

Postby ZiP » Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:40 pm

what songs do you think suck but the radio plays them anyways
mine are:

"Milkshake"
"Toxic"
"In da club"
And much much more!
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Spencer » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:34 pm

lessee...

Numb - Linkin Park
Faint - Linkin Park
In the End - Linkin Park

That's all i can think of right now...
:)
Spencer

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:36 pm

about any song by rachael lampa (or almost any female chrsitian artist)
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Danyasaur » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:02 pm

anything non-christian *not including oldies, oldies are cool ^_^*
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby kirakira » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:44 pm

hey ya by outkast :shake:
Love wins.
kirakira

Postby ZiP » Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:49 pm

this may seem sort of weird, but i dont likemost christian songs (with the exeption of "I can only imagine". I prefer the actual word of God: Psalms.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Stephen » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:10 pm

I hate the radio. They play garbage that they are paid to play. However...if I must pick bands...Limp Bizkit, Smile Empty Soul, new Creed, Manson....pretty much all of those bands...Smile Empty soul drives me nuts. I bet there next single will be called.

We really like to whine about life! or Life is so rough on this million dollar contract!
Stephen

Postby redkorn » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:12 pm

that chimpanze song, i hate that song! >:O
redkorn

Postby Technomancer » Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:29 pm

Mostly I listen to CBC Radio 2 which is pretty good, except for their late show "Brave New Waves", which is a lot of weird electric stuff (and not good, like say Vangelis)
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Debitt » Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:16 pm

Urgh..."The Voice From Within" by Christina Aguilera. Which is only one of MANY songs I could ramble about here.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby ShiroiHikari » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:20 pm

Eww...radio. Tooooo many songs for me to list here (I try to forget them because they all suck XD)
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby YesIExist » Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:28 pm

Cool thread topic :)

Can't think of anything off the top of my head.
Idle hands are indeed the devil's playground. -_- :bang:
YesIExist

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:44 am

Anything by 50 Cent
Hey Ya - Outkast
oh man, Kelly Clarkson
that "Perfect" song that is so whiny
I don't listen to the radio anymore because it's just not worth the trouble of maybe one good song in an hour.
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby DrNic » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:59 am

They overplay EVERYTHING on the radio therefore it all sucks (apart from the white stripes and linkin park) I liked the white stripes more when they were more underground thou. I heard them play Smells Like Teen Spirit on the radio ONCE. I was amazed!!!!
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:37 pm

About the only mainstream radio bands I like at all are Linkin Park and (some) System of a Down. I'm pretty sure the White Stripes is one of the ones I don't like...o_O
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Twilly Spree » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:24 am

I love Hey Ya....song makes me want to dance like a fool! I love Outkast in general.

Anyway my current area has terrible radio stations. I love WXRT up in Chicago though, that's an amazing station. I have my own radio shift too for my college radio. But I do dislike Creed, 3 Doors Down, Limp Bizkit, Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken (his Invisble song makes me and my friends laugh), um so many more....
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:16 am

Nearly every new snog on the raido
Solid Ronin

Postby Inferno » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:17 am

Why not by Hilary Duff, So yesterday by Hilary Duff. my sister is a huge Hilary Duff fan so my sisy listens to it day and night now i'm just sick of it!
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Twilly Spree » Sat Feb 07, 2004 12:05 pm

I don't like that girl. I don't know why, I just don't.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Debitt » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:55 pm

>>;; Hillary Duff thinks she can sing. That's what bugs me about her.

Debitt

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:44 pm

DONT say Hilary duff aroung me!!!! ARCH! shes so, so girly, bubbly! she thinks she can sing! she draives me crazy! Shes all about buys and fashion, and BFs!and that lizzie mcguier!
*is done ranting*
Shao Feng-Li

Postby DrNic » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:36 pm

About the only mainstream radio bands I like at all are Linkin Park and (some) System of a Down.

I find 'mainstream' an offensive word especially when used in the same sentence as a good band. System Of A Down are definatally, without a doubt NOT mainstream. (Linkin Park and the White Stripes are an exception but I still dont like the fact that they're mainstream)

Oh, and Creed are kool!

DONT say Hilary duff aroung me!!!! ARCH! shes so, so girly, bubbly! she thinks she can sing! she draives me crazy! Shes all about buys and fashion, and BFs!and that lizzie mcguier!
*is done ranting*

I dislike child actors/musicians in general. They are annoying and waaaaaaay to rich for my liking. 'Grabs rusty iron bar and runs off to beat S-club 8 to death...'
Take me

Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

DrNic

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Feb 07, 2004 4:59 pm

i thought it was s club 7
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:43 pm

DrNic wrote:I find 'mainstream' an offensive word especially when used in the same sentence as a good band. System Of A Down are definatally, without a doubt NOT mainstream. (Linkin Park and the White Stripes are an exception but I still dont like the fact that they're mainstream)

Sorry about that. I didn't mean 'mainstream' to be offensive. What I meant was, they're well-known and on the radio a lot. o_O
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Zilch » Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:44 am

Anything pop, rap, or bluegrass is of the devil! ARGH! These people can't ever headbang properly, or dance. Makes me twitch.
Uh-oh! Your sig have started to move! -- MOES.

I suppose you could find females attracted to you if you stop being bad at flirting. -MSP
Zilch

Postby DrNic » Sun Feb 08, 2004 6:16 am

Sorry about that. I didn't mean 'mainstream' to be offensive. What I meant was, they're well-known and on the radio a lot. o_O

Oh, sorry, I probably went a little over the top with the last post. I just meant that System Of A Down aren't mainstream. I've never heard anything played by them on the radio (which is good because as everybody knows, once your stuff starts appearing on the radio your a sellout and cast out of the community of underground music lovers like myself.) I didn't mean to sound so aggressive. Sorry about that, I just REALLY dislike pop, r&b,garage and most rap music.

Anything pop, rap, or bluegrass is of the devil! ARGH! These people can't ever headbang properly, or dance. Makes me twitch.

...and worse still is that most pop groups:
-dont write their own songs
-mime on stage
-use technology to make themselves sound better (basically they cant sing)
-dont play the instruments

oh, and guess who gets all the money for doing nothing... :shake:

:rant: (I REALLY need to calm down...)
Take me

Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

DrNic

Postby Debitt » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:34 am

That's why I really respect artists like John Mayer and Relient K, who do most of their own music and write their own lyrics AND they can sing, too!

Debitt

Postby Spencer » Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:44 am

Kokoro Daisuke wrote:That's why I really respect artists like John Mayer...

John Mayer is awesome! People say I look like him....uh...anyway...
:)
Spencer

Postby DoMiNiQuE » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:12 am

Ok yea.. There are a LOT of songs they play on the radio TOO much , it makes you sick to your stomach...

All Kelly Clarkson song
Stupid Girl by Cold - BLAHH TO MUCH OF IT
Behind Blue Eyes by Limp Bizkit or whateva
Faint by Linkin Park
that song by Jimmy Eat World.. "it just takes some nnaahaha a lil lalaldkfjdj." yea i dont know
some songs by Nirvana- they play this TOO much grr
Dominique

Revelation 22:12- Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Homestarrunner Rocks!!

Paper cranes are my friend... so is pastel stars

ImageAw.
DoMiNiQuE

Postby Stephen » Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:27 pm

DrNic wrote:Oh, sorry, I probably went a little over the top with the last post. I just meant that System Of A Down aren't mainstream. I've never heard anything played by them on the radio (which is good because as everybody knows, once your stuff starts appearing on the radio your a sellout and cast out of the community of underground music lovers like myself.) I didn't mean to sound so aggressive. Sorry about that, I just REALLY dislike pop, r&b,garage and most rap music.

...and worse still is that most pop groups:
-dont write their own songs
-mime on stage
-use technology to make themselves sound better (basically they cant sing)
-dont play the instruments

oh, and guess who gets all the money for doing nothing... :shake:

:rant: (I REALLY need to calm down...)

System of a down have sold out according to your way of thinking then. They are overplayed on everything. Heaven forbid they make a video because mtv, mtv2, and fuse will play it to death. They did it with Ariels or whatever, Chop Suey, and Toxicity. Your comment about appearing on the radio is totaly wrong. It means somthing is getting popular...you have no right to cling like a fanboy to a band when they get popular. The same crap happend when Green Day got popular. All the "hardcore" fans hated them because gasp, the band started making money! And did not have to play in smoke filled pubs and live in there van. Newsfash...the rest of the world has just as much rights to like a band as you do. Since my guess is that you are not a friend of the band....so some form of exposure got you to hear it. Remember that first song you heard? The first time you said, wow I love this stuff...would you be so greedy as to keep others from that feeling? As far as being an underground fan...*shrug* go ahead and hate all the music accept acts that cannot hack it in the mainstreme....I promise you. Every single band you listen to wishes they had the popularity of Linkin Park, or Metallica, or Staind. Why? Money. Music is about money. Anyone that says different with the exception of Ministry bands (ones that just do it for Christ and are not in it for a buck...which is about .000001% of Christian music) are liars. They start a band in hopes that they will make it big. In my opinion...there is no such thing as "selling out" persay. As far as populiarty. I feel a band like Creed has changed there sound for more buyers...is that wrong...maybe. You don't like it, don't buy the cd. But to sit back and say anything that gets radio time are sell-outs...is a joke. (whew...kicks soap box aside) Anyway..not trying to hurt any feelings...just dropping my line of thinking here. :poke:
Stephen

Next

Return to Jam Session