christian music

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

christian music

Postby The Shadow » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:08 pm

hay all u christian music lovers
please put your votes in the poll ^_^

how many of you like christian hardcore?
if u do pleasese state what bands u know

if u do not like christian hardcore please state y

hear from u soon ........ :hug:
....................you may laugh at my age but we'll see everytyhing at judgment ................
((((((((((((but the candle burns alone, it guides us saftely home.-ZAO)))))))))))))

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but i will leave my mark in this world<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------:angel: X FROM THE SHADOW X :angel:------------------------------
The Shadow

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:15 pm

this goes in the Jam Session forum.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Locke » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:18 pm

Mewithoutyou, Underoath, Ocean Daybreak , Showbread , and everything else from Tooth & Nail Records

Christian Rap artists are awsome too , John Reuben , 4th AVenue Jones ( i got their autograph!! ) Pigeon John, The Movement and countless others !

Christian Music rocks!
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby indyrocker » Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:23 pm

Y agreed most of the tooth and nail artest are hardcore but my faves would be Demon hunter and Project 86 not for some real hardcor fun go for some Zao and evry thing els on any onf the this is solid state cd's (i have this is solid state vol. 3 awsomeness)
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby Kkun » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:05 pm

Dear Locke, you said mewithoutYou and Showbread. You get +1000 Rad points.

As for Christian hardcore, what do you define as "hardcore"? I like all kinds of music but as for stuff that could be hardcore, I like The Chariot, Symphony In Peril, Nodes of Ranvier, Sinai Beach, and The Showdown...
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Psycho Ann » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:36 pm

Yeah, I saw/heard mewithoutYou live at a Blindside concert in SF a while back, they rock :D Tooth and Nail got a lot of great bands (heck, IS there an artist at T&N that I *don't* like?), I'm interested in Dead Poetic at the moment though. ^^
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Ichigo_89 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:36 pm

I always love Drum & Bass/techno stuff, but right now I'm really interested in Emo Core and Nu-Metal stuff. bands I'm into right now are: Emery, Showbread(gotta luv em), Dead Poetic, Skillet(new stuff is da r0x0rs), Ultrabeat, Virus, Genes Of Youth, Faith Massive, Further Seems Forever, Demon Hunter, and Mute Math. That's all. :thumb:
Ichigo_89

Postby Ren_sama » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:39 am

I said rock...though I like a lot of other genres as well...I said rock mostly b/c I'm in a Relient K mode...^^
Ren_sama

Postby Kkun » Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:25 am

Psycho Ann wrote:Yeah, I saw/heard mewithoutYou live at a Blindside concert in SF a while back, they rock :D Tooth and Nail got a lot of great bands (heck, IS there an artist at T&N that I *don't* like?), I'm interested in Dead Poetic at the moment though. ^^

YES! Every time you post, I like you more and more.

I really want to see mewithoutYou live but the closest they ever come to me is Atlanta, and that's three hours away. Tooth and Nail does have a lot of wonderful artists. I mean, they have mewithoutYou and Showbread. That'd be enough for me but then they've got Project 86, Further Seems Forever, Bleach, Anberlin, Underoath, and many more. So wonderful. And as for Dead Poetic, they really are great. I've seen them live once but they did a really good job. New Medicines is a rad album.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Ssjjvash » Fri Dec 17, 2004 7:04 am

I prefer rap before anything else, but I am also a big fan of rock and techno.

(off subject) Does anyone know about Project 86's book? I was thinking about buying it when I gets me some extra cash. ^_^
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby gungrave » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:17 am

hummm. Underoath, deamon hunter, and my personal fav. Blindside.
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby Hitokiri » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:21 pm

Metal/death metal/any metal wih some punk, screamo, and emo

As I Lay Dying, Zao, Extol, Blindside, East West, Five Iron Frenzy, Dead Poetic, 12 Stones, Mewithoutyou, Lucerin Blue, Haste the Day, Demon Hunter, Mortal Treason, Norma Jean, The Chariot, Still Breathing, Soul Embraced, Lengsei, and UnderOath (old and new).
Hitokiri

Postby The Shadow » Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:36 pm

Ssjjvash wrote:I prefer rap before anything else, but I am also a big fan of rock and techno.

(off subject) Does anyone know about Project 86's book? I was thinking about buying it when I gets me some extra cash. ^_^

actually ive heard of it and its meant to be really really good according to my brother so i guess that mean its recomended!!!!!
....................you may laugh at my age but we'll see everytyhing at judgment ................
((((((((((((but the candle burns alone, it guides us saftely home.-ZAO)))))))))))))

----------------------------:angel: X FROM THE SHADOW X :angel:------------------------------
The Shadow

Postby chimera189 » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:34 pm

metal/rock...
Zao, Training for Utopia, and Project 86
FIF
Defend the Bible? I would as soon defend a lion! Charles Spurgeon
I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts. The rest are details. Albert Einstien
Luke 23:39-43; "And it also makes me smile to think that there is a grinning ex-con walking the streets of gold that knows more about grace than a thousand theologans. No one else would have given him a prayer, but in the end that is all he had, and in the end that is all it took." -Max Lucado

[url=myspace.com/chimera189]myspace[/url]
chimera189

Postby Zedian » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:46 pm

I guess I'll say emo-core and metal stuff. Underoath, Norma Jean, As I Lay Dying, Blindside, Mewithoutou, Mae, and Dead Poetic.
Zedian

Postby Ichigo_89 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:27 am

Hitokiri wrote:Metal/death metal/any metal

As I Lay Dying, Zao, Extol, Haste the Day, Demon Hunter, Norma Jean, The Chariot, Still Breathing, Soul Embraced, Lengsei, and UnderOath (old and new).

Non-Christian would be The Agony Scene, Children of Bodom, Killswitch Engage, 36 Crazy Fists, ad Lamb of God.

Hmm, that's strange. I thought The Agony Scene was a christian band because they're on TVU. (christian music video channel) And I can't believe I forgot to mention Blindside, who are one of my top 10 fave bands!
Ichigo_89

Postby Kisa » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:27 pm

I like rock and punk.. also some heavy stuff, depends on the song.... ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Hitokiri » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:10 pm

ZIPO_MASTER* wrote:Hmm, that's strange. I thought The Agony Scene was a christian band because they're on TVU. (christian music video channel) And I can't believe I forgot to mention Blindside, who are one of my top 10 fave bands!

The Agony Scene came out they are not a Christian band even though they are linked with Solid State. Plus thier lyrics are not exactly Christian.
Hitokiri

Postby That Dude » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:55 pm

Christian Hardcore...Norma Jean ^_^ Living Sacrifice, Zao, Dead Poetic (my fav), Beloved (us), Staple...Those are a few good ones. Embodyment's first CD is hardcore. They sounded like Zao on it. Anyone a Rackets And Drapes fan here? How about Circle Of Dust? (Industrial should be added to the poll.)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby The Shadow » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:55 pm

That Dude wrote:Christian Hardcore...Norma Jean ^_^ Living Sacrifice, Zao, Dead Poetic (my fav), Beloved (us), Staple...Those are a few good ones. Embodyment's first CD is hardcore. They sounded like Zao on it. Anyone a Rackets And Drapes fan here? How about Circle Of Dust? (Industrial should be added to the poll.)

yea i could of added many more but circle of dust is under the gothic one well thats where i would put it ir any . i like them. do u know KLANK they good as.

ps we need to get more people to vote for the hard core tehehehe

The Shadow

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:15 am

You forgot blues and jazz.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby The Shadow » Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:15 pm

yea well im talking about modern music
they can vot other if they want that

The Shadow

Postby FadedOne » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:39 pm

The Shadow wrote:yea well im talking about modern music
they can vot other if they want that

hm..that's confusing. blues and jazz ARE modern in the sense that they are still popular. now if you mean modern as in newer...well that doesn't really work either, because obviously many genres of music have been around a while..including rock. lol....guess i'm being picky though eh?
Cast in the name of God, ye not guilty.
~~~~~~
At the heart of mature [color=DarkOrchid]femininity
is a freeing disposition to affirm, receive and nuture strength and leadership from worthy men in ways appropriate to a woman's differing relationships.

At the heart of mature masculinity is a sense of benevolent responsibility to lead, provide for and protect women in ways appropriate to a man's differing relationships.[/color]

~~~~
Disclaimer: The comments of Lara, both on forum and chat, are random, unusual, and often sarcastic. Read with a pillar of salt. Thanks. :thumb:
FadedOne

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:17 pm

I like a lot of those. A bit of:

- pop, (Delta Goodrem, Rebecca St. James and a few others)
- r & b (Out of Eden, can't think of any others by name)
- rock (P.O.D, Evanesecene and many others)
- punk (Seraph's Coal, Lessie Does)
- worship (Planet Shakers, Hillsong, United Live) most of their stuff
- rap (assorted Christian artists, none of who I own or know by name, just hear on the radio and enjoy)
- jazz (most early jazz, (swing and stuff) don't really like much of modern jazz)
- blues (again can't think of artists by name, other than James Morrison) but I love all the blues on the Blues Bros movie.

By the way what would you put P.O.D under? They do everything from rock to rap but no classical, country or pop.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby indyrocker » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:19 pm

P.O.D. is labold under alternitiv but they ar in a rap/metle groop of artist with the likes of LP and a few others.
Indyrocker aka the user fomaly known as Agentsmith700

my remixes --> http://www.purevolume.com/irishangel
my Xanga--> http://www.xanga.com/indyrocker
A member of the Society of Hatted Members

adopted by Rachel
Adopted Banana-chan, heero yuy 95

There are no more heroes any more they all died in the night that the world fell into darknes; and good men are trampled down into the dirt never to be seen again. This is the story of this world of ours the story of the corupt and those that would try to save it from them but become corupt themselfs from their own selfish greed and want for what they do not have.
indyrocker

Postby Hephzibah » Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:25 pm

Yay! You like Delta too W4J? She is cool :D I esp like the song 'Innocent Eyes'

anyway, music:

Bond - purely instrumental
Evanessence
Creed
Delta goodrem

that's pretty much it for non-Christian. Christian bands:

POD
Skillet
Thousand Foot Krutch
- all of those rock, I would say

- girly music :D
Rebecca st James
Crystal lewis
Nicole Nordeman <- She is totally awesome!!
Racheal Lampa
Stacie orrico
Superchick

- Misc
Relient K
Avalon
Switchfoot
Hephzibah

Postby Hitokiri » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:28 am

Talame wrote:Bond - purely instrumental

I looooveee Bond.

Other than any type of metal, I like Gothic, Instrumental, Techno, Rock, Alternative, Emo, Oldies, Jazz and Blues, Celtic, Soundtracks, and Orchestra,
Hitokiri

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:14 pm

Yay! Another Bond Fan!!!
:hug: :hug:
Hephzibah

Postby The Shadow » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:52 pm

oh im sorry i didnt add worship ~0~
but hay im not going to add every single genre of music thers at least
30 so just go for the ones in general

The Shadow

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:05 pm

What genre is the Lion King soundtrack? Got to love that CD!!!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Next

Return to Jam Session