What's the difference?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

What's the difference?

Postby plutogrl03 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:58 pm

I've been looking up japanese music on yesasia.com and I noticed the albums I'm interested in have an overseas version and a Japan version. So like the thread says, what's the difference? I've noticed that the overseas version is cheaper but is there anything else? Even though I'm looking at the English version of the site, there are still parts that are in Japanese (must...learn...Japanese...faster...grrr). Help me understand! :?:
Sometimes you just need to bang your head against a wall. :bang:

Member of the Official CAA DDR Song Club
plutogrl03

Postby shooraijin » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:25 am

Well, for one thing, I would imagine the overseas versions don't have (much) Japanese in the liner notes. ^_^
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby termyt » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:11 am

The overseas version is licensed for release overseas - generally meaning here in the US. Since it's licensed for release here, you need to pay neither import duties nor shipping costs to get it over here. That's why it's cheaper.

Besides the translated liner notes, two versions can also have content differences, but that's pretty much up to the artists and producers.
[color="Red"]Please visit Love146.org[/color]
A member of the Society of Hatted Members
If your pedantic about grammar, its unlikely that you'll copy and paste this into your sig, to.
termyt

Return to Jam Session