christian music

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Un-understandable Hardcore

Postby kryptech » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:43 pm

So far I've not bought any hardcore CDs. I *do* have some sample MP3s from Living Sacrifice, Blindside, Demon Hunter, Few Left Standing, .hopesfall, Underoath, and ZAO however. Sometimes a few tracks of hardcore is just what you need some days, if you know what I mean. The thing I don't like with hardcore is it is so blasted hard to understand the vocals. I can appreciate a good scream or growl here and there for emphasis but I like to be able to pick out most of the words without having to look them up. Would any of you recommend a hardcore band with clearer vocals and solid Christian lyrics? (Or perhaps the very definition of hardcore means the lyrics are un-understandable...?) I like rapcore because it melds clearer and cleverly rhymed lyrics with some rocking tunes.

Some of my fav bands are:
O.C. Supertones - ska
Relient K - punk
Pillar - rapcore / hard rock
Justifide, Kutless - hard rock
KJ-52, New Breed, John Reuben - hip hop

I was wondering - what's the diff between metal and metalcore?? :eyebrow:

P.S. Nice poem in your sig, Faded One. Kinda makes you go mmhmm... ß-)
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby ZiP » Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:01 pm

I'd say when it comes to christian music, rock (because switchfoot made it work so well, techno (just cause I love techno so much), and whatever type "I can only imagine" fits into.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby The Shadow » Thu Dec 23, 2004 3:00 pm

kryptech wrote:So far I've not bought any hardcore CDs. I *do* have some sample MP3s from Living Sacrifice, Blindside, Demon Hunter, Few Left Standing, .hopesfall, Underoath, and ZAO however. Sometimes a few tracks of hardcore is just what you need some days, if you know what I mean. The thing I don't like with hardcore is it is so blasted hard to understand the vocals. I can appreciate a good scream or growl here and there for emphasis but I like to be able to pick out most of the words without having to look them up. Would any of you recommend a hardcore band with clearer vocals and solid Christian lyrics? (Or perhaps the very definition of hardcore means the lyrics are un-understandable...?) I like rapcore because it melds clearer and cleverly rhymed lyrics with some rocking tunes.

Some of my fav bands are:
O.C. Supertones - ska
Relient K - punk
Pillar - rapcore / hard rock
Justifide, Kutless - hard rock
KJ-52, New Breed, John Reuben - hip hop

I was wondering - what's the diff between metal and metalcore?? :eyebrow:

P.S. Nice poem in your sig, Faded One. Kinda makes you go mmhmm... ß-)

some good bands u can here the lyrics are

project 86
face down (now know as " beuty lies bleeding")
Underoath (album "theyre only chasing saftey")
still breathing

the difference between metal and metal core is that metal has that "dark sound" to it without much screaming where as metal core has the same kind of effect but uses screaming ie Zao, underoath and still breathing.

thats the best way i can describe it
....................you may laugh at my age but we'll see everytyhing at judgment ................
((((((((((((but the candle burns alone, it guides us saftely home.-ZAO)))))))))))))

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but i will leave my mark in this world<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------:angel: X FROM THE SHADOW X :angel:------------------------------
The Shadow

Postby kryptech » Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:51 pm

Thanks for the band recommendations and genre definitions, Shadow. Looks like I've got some research and downloading ahead of me! ß-) I'm hoping I get some gift coins for the local Christian bookstore this Christmas. I luv hunting for new CDs!
"Everybody's weird in their own special way." - P.V.
"Never refuse a breath mint." - my dad
"The UAC is making safer worlds through superior firepower." - Doom 3
"This world is a great sculptor's shop. We are the statues and there is a rumour going round the shop that some of us are some day going to come to life." - C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

"I'm too cool to scroll. -- MOES."
kryptech

Postby Knives » Fri Dec 24, 2004 5:42 am

The Shadow wrote:hay all u christian music lovers
please put your votes in the poll ^_^

how many of you like christian hardcore?
if u do pleasese state what bands u know

if u do not like christian hardcore please state y

hear from u soon ........ :hug:

Im a bit confused with all the genres but if bands like Haste the Day, Zao, Blindside, still breathing, Underoath and norma jean are Hardcore then yes i like hardcore.
would a mod please delete those other two posts by me.
Knives

Im a bit confused with all the genres but if bands like Haste the Day, Zao, Blindside, still breathing, Underoath and norma jean are Hardcore then yes i like hardcore.
Knives

Knives

Postby LostChild » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:01 pm

I like just about anything as long as it has meaning, and the majority of it is comprehensive. :sweat: but my most favorite is Switchfoot, and The Swift.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby That Dude » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:17 pm

Yes Zao, Still Breathing and Norma Jean are hardcore. Not sure about Haste The Day. And I'd put Underoath in the screamo department...Blindside's second CD is hardcore but I'd say their other stuff is hard rock.

A good lesser known christian band is E-SO (rap-rock)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Kkun » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:18 pm

That Dude, you are just getting cooler and cooler every time you post. I dig E-SO. I thought I was the only person who knew about them.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby That Dude » Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:35 pm

Thanks for the compliment man. I'm surpised that you know of E-SO. I love songs 6 and 8. I haven't listened to them in a while though. You should PM me sometime. (I might when I have the time.)
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Previous

Return to Jam Session