Project 86?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Project 86?

Postby AnimeKing13 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:28 am

Does anybody here know if there Christian or not?:bang:
AnimeKing13

Postby Sephiroth » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:12 am

Yeah Project 86 are a christian band
Largo (Megatokyo): "Its this thing... and its like, cool... and it does things... cool things!"

Ph34r t3h Cu73 0n3z!
Sephiroth

Postby Kkun » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:26 am

Well, the thing about Project is that their members are Christians but their messages are kind of veiled sometimes. They are one of my favorite bands, I just wouldn't go buying a Project 86 album expecting anything explicitly Christian, but you will get an awesome CD.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby AnimeKing13 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:33 pm

aku_soku_zan wrote:Well, the thing about Project is that their members are Christians but their messages are kind of veiled sometimes. They are one of my favorite bands, I just wouldn't go buying a Project 86 album expecting anything explicitly Christian, but you will get an awesome CD.
I've had the Drawing Black Lines CD for a wile and I just started paying attention to the lyrics nd there been a fiew Godly ones. I was just wondering because I like the a lot.
AnimeKing13

Postby That Dude » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:34 pm

Yeah I'd say they are a christian band. They are a very dark one though. Like people have said already they christianity is veiled. But if you look for it you'll find it. They are a great band. If you don't have it you should pick up their new one. Songs To Burn Bridges By.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:25 pm

That Dude wrote:Yeah I'd say they are a christian band. They are a very dark one though. Like people have said already they christianity is veiled. But if you look for it you'll find it. They are a great band. If you don't have it you should pick up their new one. Songs To Burn Bridges By.

I just got it at Wal-Mart for about $13 :grin:. Is it good? Let me put it this way: Something's wrong with my CD player - I put in the new Project 86 album and it won't come out. :rock:
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Kkun » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:04 am

SpoonyBard wrote:I just got it at Wal-Mart for about $13 :grin:. Is it good? Let me put it this way: Something's wrong with my CD player - I put in the new Project 86 album and it won't come out. :rock:

Songs To Burn Your Bridges By is so amazing. Man, I love that CD. The songs on it are even better when heard live. :lol: This is easily one of my favorite CDs of 2004.

Oh, and as for the looking deeper in P86's lyrics for Christian meaning, that's very true with the exception of Truthless Heroes. In STBYBB there are tons of references to scripture.
Kkun

Postby BigZam » Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:48 pm

I love Project 86, but they're kinda confusing, because while proclaiming that they're Christian, they encourage their fans to wear black shirts with skulls on them at their concerts, and I was watching TVU once, and one of the VJ's said that he liked their video (and this is a Christian station) because they were "so angry" and the video was "so dark" so i dunno...
gone for good...
BigZam

Postby AnimeKing13 » Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:25 pm

I'm glad so man people like project 86
AnimeKing13

Postby Kkun » Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:53 am

BakemonoSensei wrote:I love Project 86, but they're kinda confusing, because while proclaiming that they're Christian, they encourage their fans to wear black shirts with skulls on them at their concerts, and I was watching TVU once, and one of the VJ's said that he liked their video (and this is a Christian station) because they were "so angry" and the video was "so dark" so i dunno...

The thing about Project is that they are certainly not in the mainstream of Christianity. Having a VJ say that about them or whether their fans wear shirts with skulls (which the band does make a Project 86 shirt with a skull...so does Blindside...) doesn't really mean much, though. The thing to examine more is the band's hearts and lyrics.
Kkun

Return to Jam Session