My Friend (so long)

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

My Friend (so long)

Postby oro! » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:16 pm

I love this song. I think it is by dc talk, b'cause I heard Michael Tait in there. Has anyone figured out what they say in the end. I can never understand it, and I've listened like 100 times. :?: Anyone just like this song?
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:42 pm

it's a great song. the video was cool too. and yeah, it's by dcTalk, from the Supernatural album. the whole album is good, I recommend it.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:35 am

If it's the one I'm thinking of, it might be about sell-outs.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:31 am

Yeah, it's about artists wholet their faith slide in the pursuit of mainstream fame.

I love the song too, so catchy!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby oro! » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:15 pm

Yeah, I heard it on one of those sampler albums. I live on those ( I have no money). My Dad used to do a course in college and he got me a graduation CD(just'cause). Anyway, I love that song. I can almost qoute it al. In fact, I am puttin' it on right now. It is so cool that someone has a song about Christian singers actually singing for God's glory and not fame or personal glory.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:20 pm

Yeah, that's DC Talk! I love that song. The music video is kinda funny too. There are a bunch of people dressed like nurses and doctors who, at the end, start dancing.

ah, good times...
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Return to Jam Session