...and the tumor spreads. (linkin park)

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

...and the tumor spreads. (linkin park)

Postby Kenchii » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:45 pm

Any [LP] fans out there? (Linkin Park) If so, this thread is for you! ;)

Before I get started, I want to open up with some quotes from my friend PuMpKinKoRn52.

Punpkinkorn52 wrote:Rap. Plain and simple. I hate rap with every fiber of my soul. Rap is the poorest excuse for music I could ever find. I'd rather listen to a disco-country-pop combination than rap. The following is the criteria for a rap every rap song(with the exception of christian rap, which only falls one category short.)

1. A repeated monotonous beat. It usually has an annoying techno voice or quote in the backgroung, followed by a simple drum beat that a mentally disabled child could beat out, followed by a loud burst of bass, to give the song meaning.
2. Lyrics that are soleley about having sex, drinking, getting high, and repeatedley stating how great they are.(all but christian rappers.) If the lyrics are not about this, they are usually about how they hate someone, how they talk trash with their buddys but are truly weak alone, and how they reapeatedley blast what they think isn't normal or hate. Example: Taken form a black eyed peas song, known as "where is the love." Black eyed peas says the following:
"Overseas, yeah, we try to stop terrorism
But we still got terrorists here livin'
In the USA, the big CIA
The Bloods and The Crips and the KKK"
The Black Eyed Peas, for some wierd reason, believe the CIA, KKK, Bloods and the Crips are terreorist orginazatons. This is entireley unfounded. I do not support the KKK, but they are not a terrorist orginazation. I also do not support either of them, but the bloods and the crips are gangs, not terrorist orginazatoins. And how could any body believe that the CIA, the Governments own Central Intelligence Agancy, is a terrorist orginazatoin?
3. Lyrics compiled of words created so they could finish a rhyme, or the same word reapeated over and over again so they can still fall under the illusion that they are creating rhymes. I can easily provide an example: From the same Black Eyed Peas song:
"What's wrong with the world, mama
People livin' like they ain't got no mamas"
Yeah, great job ryhming mama with mamas. Wonder how long it took them to figure that one up. There are plenty of other examples, but I don't want to hunt down lyrics for this reason:
4. Lyrics which contain extremeley vulgar language.(With the exception of christian rappers.)
5.(Optional) A guest appearance from another rapper who raps one verse or screams out "Yeah!!!" This is optional, but very often does happen.
6.(Optional) A music video that is just the rapper standing around rapping accompanied by half naked women moving in slow motion. There have been rare circumstances when a rapper's video does not include this, but it is extremely rare.

In closing, Rap is the worst form of music, if you could call it that, that exists.
I use to listen to rap, for about a week, with my brother who is a complete moronic conformist. That is the extent of the rap I've listened too, with the exception of when my brother drives. Remember kids, you can't spell crap, without rap.

That's my rant. Post opinions here. :rant:

it is all about money now. I am not watchin the show, and I don't listen to commercial radio when I can help it. I am forced to listen to a lot of commercial radio though, because I have to ride with other poeple from time to time, who listen to crap.

Linkin Park has just teamed up with rap artist known as Jay-Z. (http://www.linkinpark.com) Linkin park was known for their 'rap/rock' music, angst lyrics, and heavy riffs. Just about 2 weeks I found myself listening to them after I go to school. But of course, I had a doubt in my mind. How the music industry is changing, for the bad. I beleive we are going to fall in a great depression soon (music) due to rap music (another story). But my point is, if you were a linkin park fan, just got to tell you, Linkin park sold their souls.
私は愛する

<3

:: xanga ::

:: reviews::

:: amv's ::
Kenchii

Postby Jasdero » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:25 pm

.....Linkin Park... with rap? @_@ *hugs Hybrid Theory* T.T
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:05 pm

what the...they did an album with Jay-Z? I'm sad now...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Stephen » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:10 pm

Its just a dvd people...my word. You guys are as bad as the old fart Aerosmith fans who freaked about there Superbowl show...*sigh* Don't buy it if you don't like it. I hate rap...but would not run around shrieking about it either.
Stephen

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:20 pm

MORE HAVE JOINED ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have a greater reason to hate linkin park. You thought I was wrong, but now you know!!!

Oh, shatterheart, I kinda agree with you. People shouldn't freak out just right now. But this one little DVD with Jay-z isn't the first and isnt going to stop at that. Reanimation had rap in it. LP goes on tour with rap artists. They will probably do more of this transition into rap.

And one last note. The thread I started about rap, The Malignant Tumor of the Music Industry, was named so for a reason. A malignant tumor has to be cut off or it will completely take over and destroy it's host. The process has already begun.
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Zane » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:44 am

Hmm, this may not be the best place to show off my sign :eyebrow:
Zane

Postby CobaltAngel » Thu Nov 11, 2004 2:53 am

Love your sig, Zane, lol!! *highfives*

Are you referring to the rap style as a whole, or the type of rap songs that this particular rapper does? I know alot of people who love rap. And there's quiet alot of rap I don't mind. I mean... to mean, it sounds like you guys are having a nervous breakdown over a... DVD? Just because it has rap in it? Wow, that's really... extreme.
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:33 am

I don't think it was. either, Zane. As long as you don't love Linkin Park, I can stand that to a very slight degree. I hate them with a bloddy passion, as you all know, but as long as you don't consider them good musically, and just like them for the "catchy" things in their "music", I can somewhat understand. But if you think that Linkin Park is great, that, I can't stand.
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:38 am

Oh, by the way, why does it come as a surprise to people that Linkin Park is going into rap? Most of the time, when chester is dry-heaving lyrics, the other guy is raping. Crappily. So this kinda was meant to be, I guess.
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby CobaltAngel » Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:07 am

I just... no. I don't get it. You're trying to make Linkin Park fans not like this group using a genra of music you don't like. Differant people have differant tastes. Some people, believe it or not, like Linkin Park. Some people like rap. Heck... some people like Ashlee Simpson! And I heck her but you don't see me trying to get other people to hate her.

You can go on disliking Linkin Park and rap your heart's content, becaus eI can see you are passionitly upset about this. But really, man, don't hold anything against those who like differant things than you.
[align=right][align=center]
Invisible Children || Justice For Children

[/align]

[/align]
CobaltAngel

Postby The_Marauding_Maniac » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:49 pm

Kati, I couldn't agree with you more. There are some groups I dislike terribly, but I don't even mention it. The best way to dislike something is to ignore it, or simply say to someone who likes it "I don't like it". I've ne'er heard it, but if it has bad lyrics, why not create a thread that generally states that you dislike activly secular groups?
Luke was here.
There are 10 types of people in the world, people who can read bianary, and people who can't.
I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X XI XII XIII XIV XV XVI XVII XVIII XIX XX XXI XXII XXIII XXIV XXV XXVI XXVII XXVIII XXIX XXX XXXI XXXII....
TTA: [B]T
he TTA Acronym
[/b]
The_Marauding_Maniac

Postby Kkun » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:53 pm

PumpkinKoRn52 wrote:I don't think it was. either, Zane. As long as you don't love Linkin Park, I can stand that to a very slight degree. I hate them with a bloddy passion, as you all know, but as long as you don't consider them good musically, and just like them for the "catchy" things in their "music", I can somewhat understand. But if you think that Linkin Park is great, that, I can't stand.

Dude, you should REALLY chill out about what other people like for music. Good grief, the next time a pack of Linkin Park fangirls walks by you, you're going to give yourself a massive coronary. You really need to relax.

And as far as this amalgamation of Linkin Park and Jay-Z, I thought Numb/Encore wasn't bad but it as good as the original Numb. Which isn't saying much.
I'm a shoe-in for hater of the year.
Kkun

Postby Stephen » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:29 pm

A little part of me dies everytime I read a thread where someone feels the need to bash the snot out of a band. This is a warning. Any thread that is started with the sole purpose of bashing a band...will be deleted. There will be no kind PM sent...just a toilet bowl flushing sound. As for this thread, I am locking it. I will be taking a look through the other music threads and deciding there fate. This negativity is mind rotting. And the staff is tired of it. An old motherly proverb once said, if you have nothing nice to say...say nothing at all.
Stephen

Return to Jam Session