Christian Music Groups...

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

Christian Music Groups...

Postby Crossdive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:40 pm

which are your favorites/do you reccomend?

I would say:
DC Talk, Plus One, Mercy Me, and from what I remember of their music, Jars of Clay, Smalltown Poets, and Rebbecca Saint James... 4H1M and Michael W. Smith were okay but I wasn't nearly as impressed. but, hands down you NEED to try DC Talk, Plus One, and Mercy Me, especially DC Talk, they are INCREDIBLE. try DC Talk Greatest Hits: Intermission first IMO, that is such an amazing CD that I can't find the words... I'd also go with DC Talk in Concert: Welcome to the Freak Show, and DC Talk (DVD and CD set): Free At Last. As for Plus One, go for Plus One: Obvious, Plus One: the Promise, and Plus One: Christmas. Mercy Me, if nothing else, get Mercy Me: Reserved. Post your favorite Christian groups and CDs here. :thumb:
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:29 pm

Plus one is crappy pop. I hate all pop with a passion. DC talk is not one of my favorite bands. I use to like them when I was 11, but know, I can't stand them. Mercy Me is overplayed on every station.

Some good christian bands are:

Staple
Disciple
Gnashing of Teeth
As I Lay Dying
SkapegoaT (Local band)
Strangers to Society (Local band)
Creed's first cd.
Pillar
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby Crossdive » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:44 pm

I'll definately need to try some of those groups. ;)
Jesus is Lord.
Crossdive

Location: Where would you live if you were me? But seriously, Colorado. (Someday, I'll be in Nihon!)

Postby Stephen » Sun Nov 07, 2004 10:15 pm

Creed is not a Christian band. Stapp has said so on many many interviews. Desperate Christians who refuse to listen to anything but Christian music grasp at straws and call it Christian. Its not. Stapp is a Christian...Creed never was a Christian band. Hope that makes things clear. Second...we have way to many "fav band" threads. At the bottom of this post will be a link to another, please take further discussion to it.

Fav Christian band thread
Stephen

Return to Jam Session