What's better; An I-Pod or an MP3 Player?

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

What's better; An I-Pod or an MP3 Player?

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:06 pm

....or are they the same thing?
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Debitt » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:25 pm

All ipods are MP3 players, but not all MP3 players are ipods. I'd go with the ipod though, they have blasphemous amouts onf memory.

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:30 pm

They both are portable song players, right?
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

[color="Red"]Distance is to Love as Wind is to Fire...it extinguishes the small, and ignites the great. - Unknown[/color]

[color="RoyalBlue"]“Falling in love with someone isn't always going to be easy... Anger... tears... laughter.. It's when you want to be together despite it all. That's when you truly love another. I'm sure of it.â€
Destroyer2000

Postby Debitt » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:32 pm

correct. ^_^

[SIZE="5"](*゚∀゚)アハア八アッ八ッノヽ~☆[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]DEBS: Fan of that manga where the kid's head is on fire.[/SIZE]
Debitt

Postby Destroyer2000 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:35 pm

Thanks. I'm getting one, then, since the songs are played from memory, and not from a CD (I think they are played from memory). Besides, my stupid CD player skips too badly to be useful.
My Flickr
My Travel Blog

Destroyer2000

Postby Ashley » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:54 pm

Moved to the more appropriate music forum. Again, please try to put your threads in the proper forums when you post.
Ashley

Postby Yojimbo » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:38 am

Actually they're not really talking about music at all.
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby shooraijin » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:35 am

Yes, but I think even music -players- is better placed in Jam Session. General is supposed to be a forum for threads that really don't fit anywhere else, even partially.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby AnimeKing13 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:39 pm

The iPod is an MP3, but its not as good as other MP3's because the iPod can only use iTunes.

While other Mp3's can use (for example) Windows Media.:hits_self
AnimeKing13

Postby agasfas » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:16 pm

So I've head:
Ipod are good but the battery life is only about 15months. THat's if you use it all the time. After that you have to buy a new one because you can't replace the battery or order another. BUt i heard apple may have made another one that you can actually replace the battery. You may want to check into that if you are serious about getting one.
Personally, I would go w/ a regular mp3/cd player. It's cheaper. Though Ipods have menus and it's easier to navigate to certain songs. Plus the storage space is massive; 20-40 gigs. I guess it has to do with personal perferences.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby shooraijin » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:05 pm

In my particular case, I just use my Palm Zire 72, which can play MP3s from the expansion card slot. This means a $299 device can make movies, take pictures, play music *and* be a regular Palm Pilot. Many of the current line of Palms can play music, so that's something to consider if you're in the market for a PDA. On the other hand, they typically can only use solid state RAM and don't have the capacity of an iPod (even *spit* WinCE based devices with CF expansion slots don't have that capacity, if you were considering a PocketPC device instead of Palm).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby glitch1501 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:14 pm

AnimeKing13 wrote:
The iPod is an MP3, but its not as good as other MP3's because the iPod can only use iTunes.

While other Mp3's can use (for example) Windows Media.:hits_self

not exactly true, you can use musicmatch jukebox with an ipod

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb: