songs/bands/genres you can't be without

For all the music-lovers out there, this is your place to swap lyrics, talk about new bands and jazz about concerts. All things related to the audio world belong here.

songs/bands/genres you can't be without

Postby Nightshade X » Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:57 pm

Ok, I was inspired by the "songs/bands you can't stand" board, so I decided to make this one. It's so easy to think of the stuff you hate, so let's try to think of the stuff you like! I'll add my stuff later, so go for it people!
Nightshade X

Postby Raskle » Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:53 pm

band: Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
"...don't you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal."
-Zaphod

"As I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:..."
-They Might Be Giants

"Who are yoouu?? What did you do with Uncle Sliiim?!"
-"Home on the Range"
Raskle

Postby Lynx » Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:47 pm

third day, relient k, and almost anything contemporary worship :)
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby righteous_slave » Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:18 am

genres: Black metal, death metal, thrash, blues, jazz, JxCxHxC, pop punk, classic rock
bands: Demon Hunter, Immortal Souls, Aerosmith, The Deal, The Blues Brothers, Miles Davis, Reliant K, The Doors
songs: "You are beautiful, my sweet, sweet song" (can't think of name or artist) Third Day's "Don't you know I've always loved you" (not sure of the name of the song)(dumb radio stations never tell you anything anymore)
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby LorentzForce » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:13 pm

Genre: Gabber. Rave. Nothing under 200 beats per minute, 300+ preferred.

I'll listen to most anything in that genre, if it sounds good, which as far as I heard they all are.
LorentzForce

Postby Lynx » Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:04 pm

righteous_slave wrote:"You are beautiful, my sweet, sweet song" (can't think of name or artist)

Third day does a version of that, maybe that's the one you're talking about:)
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby TrigunX89 » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:50 am

Ooh, lots... Where to start? Well, the first band that comes to mind is Earthsuit. It's too bad they split up after such a short time.
TrigunX89

Postby Raskle » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:35 pm

righteous_slave wrote: Third Day's "Don't you know I've always loved you" (not sure of the name of the song)(dumb radio stations never tell you anything anymore)

I think it's just "I have always loved you" it's off their "Time" album
"...don't you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal."
-Zaphod

-They Might Be Giants

-"Home on the Range"
Raskle

Postby Raskle » Fri Jul 09, 2004 6:43 pm

genres: blues, folk, *real* rock, jazz...
(I like much of everything except country and rap and really really sappy pop)
-Zaphod

-They Might Be Giants

-"Home on the Range"
Raskle

Postby Nightshade X » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:17 am

TrigunX89 wrote:Ooh, lots... Where to start? Well, the first band that comes to mind is Earthsuit. It's too bad they split up after such a short time.

An Earthsuit fan? *bows* You honor me with your presence here.
Nightshade X

Postby fayefaye » Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:42 am

I love all kinds of music and bands.Almost everyday I listen to Radiohead,muse,travis.I like techno and I listen to anime music more than regular music.I think queens of the stone age would be really good if they weren't so secular.stacy oricho and crystal lewis good too. :P
fayefaye

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:09 am

anything that is christian rock, cuz that's all i listen to.
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Nate » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:37 am

Favorite type of music: Classic rock forever, baby!

The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Steve Miller Band, Blue Oyster Cult, Guns N Roses, Led Zeppelin, Santana, Metallica (only their older stuff)...the list goes on!

I also like some of the newer rock...Trapt, Nickelback, Alice in Chains, and Nirvana are the only ones I can think of at the moment... :sweat: I know there's more though.

I also like J-Pop (duh) and have a LOT of anime soundtracks, as well as some albums by regular artists.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:58 am

rock music is my lifesource. okay not really, but you get the point. I like mostly older stuff though, like dcTalk, Newsboys, All Star United. but I also like Linkin Park, (some)System of a Down, and of course j-rock like L'arc-en-ciel, Plastic Tree, and X Japan.

I also like some techno/trance/whatever you want to call it. people like DJ Tiesto, Moby, Chemical Brothers.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby panegryst » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:27 am

I love rock-type stuff, especially J-Rock and J-pop. I also really like stuff like Thursday, Thrice, Alkaline Trio, Saves The Day, and Chevelle.
"Reason is the Devil's harlot."
-Martin Luther

I'll stand for nothing less
Or never stand again
-Chevelle, 'The Clincher'

Image Image
panegryst

Postby MorwenLaicoriel » Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:35 am

Hmm....
Songs: "Autumn" by Modern Day John, Any song sung by Pippin in LOTR, "Open Wounds" by Skillet, "Breakfast" by Newsboys, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything"
Bands: Skillet, Newsboys, dc Talk...I think those are the only ones that I've liked since I've heard them.
Genres: Silly Songs with Larry. XD What...that counts...right?
[url=l33tbeat.blogspot.com]l33t beat[/url] -- News, reviews and opinions on anime, video games, and fantasy fiction
MorwenLaicoriel

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:48 pm

Oh good heavens, I'm VERY dangerous around this kind of topic, as you shall now see...

Genres: Rock, Classic Rock, Folk Rock, Progressive Rock, Indie Rock, Psychidelic, British Invasion, and so on and so forth

Bands (well, artists): The Beatles, The Byrds, PFR, The Zombies, The Beach Boys, The Kinks, The Pillows, The Black Keys, Yes, The Hollies, Elliott Smith, The Monkees, Shonen Knife, The Dave Clark 5, Newsboys, Pink Floyd, Seatbelts, King Crimson, Buffalo Springfield, Joy Electric, Weezer, Simon & Garfunkel, The Steve Miller Band, The Yardbirds, Traffic, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, The Waiting, The High Dails, The Rolling Stones, The Singles, Led Zepplin, The Moody Blues, Yoko Kano, Bob Dylan, Eels, Guitar Wolf, The Left Banke, The White Stripes, The Small Faces, and about a hundred more that don't immediately spring to mind.

Songs (I'm writting these my memory, so please excuse mispelling or just plain brain lapses): "She Said She Said," "Rain," "Drive My Car," "Paperback Writer," "She Loves You," "Don't Bother Me," "Because" by The Beatles, "Mr. Tamborine Man," "It Won't Be Wrong," "The World Turns All Around Her," "Here Without You," Chestnut Mare," "Eight Miles High" by The Byrds, "Heros and Villians," "Good Vibrations," "409," "Do It Again," "You Still Believe In Me," "Help Me Rhonda" by The Beach Boys "She's Not There," "Get A Hold Of Myself," "Changes," "Brief Candles," "I Love You" by The Zombies "Anything," "Great Lengths," "See The Sun Again," "Fare Thee Well" by PFR "All Day And All Of The Night," "See My Friends," "Waterloo Sunset," "The Village Green Preservation Society," "Till The End Of The Day" by The Kinks, "Ride On Shooting Star," "Little Busters," "Bunny Hopping" by The Pillows, "10AM Automatic," "Set You Free," "Hard Row" by The Black Keys, "Bus Stop," "Have You Ever Loved Somebody," "Stop Right There," "She Gives Me Everything," "Look Through Every Window," "Stop Stop Stop," "Stay" by The Hollies, "I See You," "Roundabout," "Starship Trooper," "Going For The One," "All Good People" by Yes, "Son Of Sam," "Sweet Adeline," "Tommorow Tommorow," "Waltz #2," "Angeles," "Bye" by Elliott Smith, "For Pete's Sake," "Pleasant Valley Sunday," "The Door Into Summer," "Porpose Song," "Do I Have To Do This All Over Again," "All The King's Horses" by The Monkees, "Ride On The Rocket," "Sushi Bar," "Black Bass," "Daydream Believer," "Explosion," "On Top Of The World," "Quavers," by Shonen Knife, "Giving It Over," "Lost The Plot," "Let It Go," "Breathe," "Shine" by Newsboys, "Glad All Over," "Any Way You Want It," "When" by The Dave Clark 5, "Tank!," "Rush," "Real Folk Blues," "The Singing Sea," "Spy" by Seatbelts, "Starless," "21st Century Schizoid Man," "I Talk To The Wind," "The Court Of The Crimson King" by King Crimson, "Bluebird," "Mr. Soul," "For What It's Worth" by Buffalo Springfield, "Monosynth," "The North Sea" by Joy Electric, "Buddy Holly," "Keep Fishing" by Weezer, "Rockin' Me Baby," "Mercury Blues," "Jet Airliner," "Space Cowboy" by The Steve Miller Band, "The Sounds of Silence," "Flowers Never Bend In The Rainfall," "A Hazy Shade of Winter" by Simon & Garfunkel, "For Your Love," "Heart Full Of Soul," "Stroll On," "Turn Into Earth," "Only The Black Rose" by The Yardbirds, "Little Wing," "Angel," "1983" by The Jimi Hendrix Experience, "Put The Blame On Me" by The Waiting, "My Heart Is Black" by The High Dials, "Play With Fire," "2000 Light Years From Home," "The Last Time," "19th Nervous Breakdown" by The Rolling Stones, "Since You've Been Gone" by The Singles, "Battle of Evermore," "I'm Gonna Leave You" by Led Zepplin, "Nights In White Satin," "Out and In," "The Story In Your Eyes," "Higher and Higher" by The Moody Blues, "Gravity," "Green Bird," "Memory," "Blue" by Yoko Kano, "Like A Rolling Stone," "Visions of Johanna," "Blind Willie McTell" by Bob Dylan, "Flyswatter," "Novocane For The Soul," "Saturday Morning" by eels, "Jet Generation" by Guitar Wolf, "Walk Away Renee," "Pretty Ballerina" by The Left Banke, "Fell In Love With A Girl," "Seven Nation Army," "Dead Leaves & The Dirty Ground," "You're pretty good looking for a Girl" by The White Stripes, "I'll Feel Much Better," "Wam Bam Thank You Ma'am," All or Nothing" by The Small Faces, "Sunshine Superman" by Donovan, "Nothing At All," "Consuming Fire" by Third Day, "Red Rubber Ball" by The Cyrkle, "Alone Again Or" by Love, "Disapear" by Out Of The Grey, "Clouds" by Cibo Matto, "It's Cold Outside" by The Chior, "Light My Fire," "Straneg Days" by The Doors, "Bell Bottom Blues" by Derek & The Dominos, "Big Black Gun" by Simian, "God," "You're The Voice" by Rebecca St. James, "Man From Milwalkee" by Hanson, "Path Through The Forest" The Factory, "Get Free," "Ride," "Autumn Shade" by The Vines, "Good Times," "Friday On My Mind," by The Easybeats, "Jesus Freak," "My Friend," "What If I Stumble" by DC Talk, "Walk Don't Run" by The Ventures, "No Time" by The Guess Who "Green Eyed Lady" by Sugarloaf, "Times Life These," "Learn To Fly" by The Foo Fighters, "Days Of The Week," "Big Bang Baby" by Stone Temple Pilots, "Hush," "Blind," "Bird Has Flown" by Deep Purple, "All Right Now" by Free, "12:51" by The Strokes, "Main Offender" by The Hives, "Mr. Zero" by Kieth Relf, "Can't Explain," "I Can See For Miles," "Christmas" by The Who, and aproximately 27.5 MILLION other songs that I can't recall at the moment.

See, I told you I was dangerous.
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Rachel » Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:40 pm

Wow, someone was inspired by a thread a made! I'm so happy I could cry! Okay, not really. But still! Anyways, here's my list.

Genres: metal, punk, rock, emo, contemporary worship

Bands/Artists: Lifehouse, dcTalk, Good Charlotte, Metallica, Dashboard Confessional, Skillet, Nirvana, Chevelle, Finch, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Bowling for Soup, Trapt, Earshot, Breaking Benjamin, Evanescence, Jennifer Knapp (sp?), Jewel, the Benjamin Gate, Sixpence None the Richer, AFI, godsmack, Slickshoes, Everyday Sunday, 12 Stones, POD, Phase27 (they're a really good local band), and dozens more that I can't think of right now.

Songs: "Say Anything" by Good Charlotte, "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional, "Still Burning" by Sixpence, "Letters To You" by Finch, "Anchor" by Lifehouse, "Jesus Freak" by dcTalk, "What If I Stumble" by dcTalk, "A Plain Morning" by Dashboard, "Taking Over Me" by Evanescence, "My Last Breath" by Evanescence, "Savior" by Skillet, "Open Wounds" by Skillet, "The Thirst is Taking Over" by Skillet, "Eating Me Away" by Skillet, "The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most" by Dashboard, "Screaming Infidelities" by Dashboard, "Best Deceptions" by Dashboard, "Alive" by POD, "The Sky Is Falling" by Lifehouse, "Fall Apart" by Earshot, "Wait" by Earshot, "Seasons" by Good Charlotte, "Amazing Grace", "Be Thou My Vision", "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana, "Heart Shaped Box" by Nirvana, and many, many more that I can't recall at this moment. I'll post some more later while I'm looking at my cd cases.
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Ssjjvash » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:58 pm

TrigunX89 wrote:Ooh, lots... Where to start? Well, the first band that comes to mind is Earthsuit. It's too bad they split up after such a short time.

:( I know, I am a humongous fan of their music and they only have one cd.

I do not think I can live without rap. Just lemme keep DC Talk members, KJ-52, and John Reuben and I'll be ok. Wait, also Michael W. S.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby PumpkinKoRn52 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:29 pm

Genre: Classic Rock, Melodic Metal, Nu/Metal, Rock, Jazz, Blues.
Bands: Smashing Pumpkins, KoRn, Metallica, ACDC, Led Zeppilin, Pink Floyd, Rage Against the Machiene, Audioslave, Chevelle, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Buddy Rich Big Band, Staind, Primus,
"Relax, turn around, and take my hand." Tool
"Heir Kommt Die Sonne." Rammestein
"Now the world is gone, I'm just one. Oh please God help me." Metallica
"Are You Ready?!?" KoRn
"All and all your just another brick in the wall." Pink Floyd.
The downfall of society will be society itself.
Rap is the malignant tumor of the music industry.
I HATE LINKIN PARK
PumpkinKoRn52

Postby greyscale42 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:17 pm

Genres: Classical, Jazz, Rock (any kind except pop rock/soft rock)
Bands: Pink Floyd, Smashing Pumpkins, ACDC, Led Zeppilin, Jimi Hendrix, Audioslave, Chevelle, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Buddy Rich, Primus, The Beatles, Lynyrd Skynyrd,
greyscale42

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:13 pm

If I may slip in a second time, props to the Pink FLoyd fans, since I somehow forgot to mention them in my uber-list
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby That Dude » Sun Oct 10, 2004 5:59 pm

Genre-Punk,Hardcore,Industrial, Other types o' rock...Techno (electronic), Classical...Anything that is wierd but sounds really cool.

Bands...Dead Poetic, MxPx, Project 86, Norma Jean, Beloved, Skillet, Makeshift 3....I could list a lot moe but I don't feel like it right now o_O

Songs...Glass In The Trees-Dead Poetic (heck all the DP songs are on the list) Ton's o MxPx songs...P86 stuff...I can't think of specific songs right now so...
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Return to Jam Session